Adam Somyurek: ALP factional warlord

Remove this Banner Ad

another concerning aspect is when you get suburbs or electorates made up mostly of a certain race or religion they are naturally going to vote for people of the same race or religion which works fine if the person is in it for the right reason but if are corrupt not so good, Eddie Obeid a classic example

Thats an example of stereotyping, fortunately more Australians are thinking about who they vote for & rejecting stereotypes, e.g the unionists rejecting Labor in NQ at the last Fed election.

Gotta laugh this is the level of left wing nuffy posters on this site to ALP corruption. Massively deflect when the truth is not palpable; it is like they haven't learnt anything from the red-shirts fiasco; forgery and fraud are fine just so long as it supports my basket of political views.
Yeah not like conservatives ever do it...

Yeah not like conservatives ever do it...

Sounds liike those trying to make an issue of religion, or sexual abuse, even abuse of power .... sadly politics attracts narrow minded people who regularly view any issue with the verve of a footy cheer squad member.

Swiftly? He did it before and was allowed back in only to do it all again.

When did he previously do it? I wasn't aware. Google is only showing the latest allegations (obviously).

Its impossible to be a powerbroker without being elbow deep in branch stacking. Its literally a job requirement.

You're right, but you can branch stack without breaking the law or party rules. Somyurek broke both brazenly and did it on an industrial scale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right, but you can branch stack without breaking the law or party rules. Somyurek broke both brazenly and did it on an industrial scale.

Well, technically the ALP has rules against branch stacking but usually turns a blind eye. Its only when the media catch wind that they start to look at themselves.

Well, technically the ALP has rules against branch stacking but usually turns a blind eye. Its only when the media catch wind that they start to look at themselves.

branch stacking is actually easier from outside of the party and can deliver policy change. That is by definition "institutionalised corruption". So why have it if it is corrupt?

I had a senior state Lib proudly explain to me how they stacked a branch to get their man in Parliament. Anyone that thinks this is just a problem for the ALP is dreaming.

Did his explanation include details on how laws were being broken?

Otherwise its not quite the same. Im sure even those virtuous Greens and the Democrats did a bit of branch stacking.

The difference is when taxpayer money is getting used.

I had a senior state Lib proudly explain to me how they stacked a branch to get their man in Parliament. Anyone that thinks this is just a problem for the ALP is dreaming.
Why would they be talking to some random nuffy wearing a cheerleader uniform and handing out Labor HTV crds?

yep

anyone who believes corruption is limited to one side of politics and or not in their side of politics is kidding themselves.

we need reforms, laws and standards higher than that expected of our citizens. Unfortunately we have laws and expectations of our citizens and exemptions from our politicians and by default our political parties.

Did his explanation include details on how laws were being broken?

Otherwise its not quite the same. Im sure even those virtuous Greens and the Democrats did a bit of branch stacking.

The difference is when taxpayer money is getting used.
Did you watch 60 minutes last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back