Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Hey guys.

Really wanted to give some kudos to Tomlinson who to me made a super consistent start to the year. There was a bit of speculation (what’s new?) around his future middle of last year but since cementing his spot in the side I think he’s gone from strength to strength. He was fantastic again tonight and continues to impress in defence.

He’s just such an impressive athlete, and his endurance is a real weapon to have in defence. He's got the height to play on opposition talls, but as a bonus with his fitness he can run with anyone. Add that to his mobility and sure skills, he's certainly become vital to your defence. Loved his game tonight, and I can’t help but really be impressed with his maturity and composure in defence.

Seems like a great lad; as many others in his situation probably would’ve returned home but he stuck it out, and now he’s a key cog in your team.

Yes, agree with those comments. Has been really consistent for us down back, and his versatility is brilliant for our flexibility in the D50. Doesn't really star (like a Rance, for example), but does his job really well in conjunction with the rest of the backs - a real 'team defence' to be honest.

Hey guys.

Really wanted to give some kudos to Tomlinson who to me made a super consistent start to the year. There was a bit of speculation (what’s new?) around his future middle of last year but since cementing his spot in the side I think he’s gone from strength to strength. He was fantastic again tonight and continues to impress in defence.

He’s just such an impressive athlete, and his endurance is a real weapon to have in defence. He's got the height to play on opposition talls, but as a bonus with his fitness he can run with anyone. Add that to his mobility and sure skills, he's certainly become vital to your defence. Loved his game tonight, and I can’t help but really be impressed with his maturity and composure in defence.

Seems like a great lad; as many others in his situation probably would’ve returned home but he stuck it out, and now he’s a key cog in your team.
The other thing he has done is lift his disposal efficiency. He was very poor by foot particularly , but as you say is very composed these days. He really wanted to play forward, but eventually accepted he had to play an alternative role. Once he turned his mind to it, he hasn't looked back.

Hell I'm on board with bells on. I watched him keep Ben Brown quiet, play an outstanding game against Port and tonight. I thought Corr played well tonight as well but I think Tommo has become a critical part of our defence. He started to be more expansive in his game tonight, moving into attack and running more.

Last edited:
They way he has been playing it sure looks like he doesn't want to ever play forward again :p

Oh, maybe not. Strolled down the wing and slotted one from range last night. Maybe he still harbours hope.

That said, he has settled into the back 7 beautifully, got his life off field sorted (dating a nice Sydney girl), has a semi-regular spot on radio and the A-squared thing happening.

All in all, things slotting into place nicely for him. Can see why he re-signed.

Oh, maybe not. Strolled down the wing and slotted one from range last night. Maybe he still harbours hope.

That said, he has settled into the back 7 beautifully, got his life off field sorted (dating a nice Sydney girl), has a semi-regular spot on radio and the A-squared thing happening.

All in all, things slotting into place nicely for him. Can see why he re-signed.
Nice girl is an understatement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back