Add any ex-player to our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Woosha for Hurn

Cousins for Gaff

Problem solvered.

EDIT: Also if I may, early/ mid 90's Malthouse for Simpson. Sometimes Simpsons calm and measured attitude doesn't sit well with me when the team is playing sh*thouse. Give me a good ol' fashioned half-time spray by the coach to really change some attitudes.

Last edited:

Hard nut Woosha!! no one would dare score against us with that tank in the backline!!

Regarded by many as a gutless cowardly sniper who forged a "hard man" reputation on shirt fronting opposition wen they had eyes on ball and open to it . Behaviour that would be be reviewed much harder these days

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regarded by many as a gutless cowardly sniper who forged a "hard man" reputation on shirt fronting opposition wen they had eyes on ball and open to it . Behaviour that would be be reviewed much harder these days

What a load of s**t. Almost no one views him as that. They were the rules back then. You play the game to the rules. Agreed he wouldn't last long now playing that style but so what?

What a load of s**t. Almost no one views him as that. They were the rules back then. You play the game to the rules. Agreed he wouldn't last long now playing that style but so what?

Agree to an extent that rules somewhat supported acts of cowardice and blind side cheap shots .

Glad the game has changed and true hard men with so much more courage are recognised

Cousins by some distance.

Then probably Judd, in his prime he was something else. Then I think Kerr.

See a theme. Our midfield is s**t and lacks class.

Outside of midfield. Phillip Matera would be very handy. He would be LeCras, Cripps and Hill rolled into one but better. That's how good Fido was.

For people saying Woosha or Langdon to add some toughness to the side, who here remembers WAFL's infamous 'Ron Boucher' from the early 1980's Swan Districts Premiership teams.

I think the AFL would implement a Red or Black Card if he was playing today.

We lack two areas IMO

some genuine A+ midfield quality (Cousins, Judd, Kemp) and ground ball defence (Hart, Wirrapunda). Some ground ball crumbing or dirty ball goals wouldn't be bad either.

IMO - we aren't flat track bullies - we just aren't that good

Before we win a flag - the following I think will be turned over at least - Hurn, Butler, Wellingham, Priddis, Mitchell, Masten, Lecras, Hill, Redden, Lycett and possibly Darling.

We have an issue where we have talent - but it is imbalanced. Lycett for example is a better ruck than forward - we need someone who is a genuine forward who can spell in the ruck - not two 1st rucks

Lecras and Hill are mid marking forwards, they aren't dirty ball crumbers. So we end up with 5-6 marking forwards and no one on the deck most of the time.

Maybe i am just having a bad morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back