Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on everyone, lets stand as one for once. I know, im like the rest of you i have that burning hate for the red, blue and yellow. That utter sick feeling when you hear the sheer name of the Adelaide posers. 30 year old Sloan with his 16 year old surfy hair, Tex..... well enough said about him. Don Pyke, well he had some common sense was a real attribute to the game had a lot of knowledge and skill sets to pass on, must of forgot all that once joining the crows. And to your loyal supporters, the only reason cotton wool stocks continue to rise. Well turns out i forgot where i was going with this.. bit like your last 2 seasons 😂

Come on everyone, lets stand as one for once. I know, im like the rest of you i have that burning hate for the red, blue and yellow. That utter sick feeling when you hear the sheer name of the Adelaide posers. 30 year old Sloan with his 16 year old surfy hair, Tex..... well enough said about him. Don Pyke, well he had some common sense was a real attribute to the game had a lot of knowledge and skill sets to pass on, must of forgot all that once joining the crows. And to your loyal supporters, the only reason cotton wool stocks continue to rise. Well turns out i forgot where i was going with this.. bit like your last 2 seasons 😂
And you've done what since 2014?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point I actually think it was less about what happened at the camp and more about certain members of the football departments absolute refusal to acknowledge any of the complaints that were made, and even more than that, basically told the players to stick their complaints completely. One small thing that could have been defused quite easily was just left to fester and then 6 months later when they finally had to admit the players didn't like the camp, promises were made about people and things changing, which didn't happen at all, and when it was brought up again, the players being told to get over it already has just made the issue even worse.

Pyke was in the minority that owned up and tried to change, others, not so much. And they're the ones that are still in the club currently, Don leaving isn't going to fix the problem, there's very little trust between the players and the football department at this point and just bringing in a new senior coach isn't going to fix much at this rate.

This is just a view from a long way away, but I get the impression that Brett Burton is a total dickhead and it's all his fault
He is from my experience and a few others I know who have dealt with him. Like a lot of Adelaide players from around that time. They get big heads being the rockstars in a two-team town that everyone adored as a player. Unjustified arrogance and most of them get sent packing straight back to Adelaide if they try and go out into the bigger world because their attitudes don't get them far in places where being a former Crow isn't impressive.

So for any Melbourne or Essendon fans, at least be comforted by the fact that if guys like Goodwin and Rutten are still able to find work in Melbourne they must have something going for them, unlike the Brett Burton, Nigel Smart, Ben Hart and Steven Trigg's of the world.

He is from my experience and a few others I know who have dealt with him. Like a lot of Adelaide players from around that time. They get big heads being the rockstars in a two-team town that everyone adored as a player. Unjustified arrogance and most of them get sent packing straight back to Adelaide if they try and go out into the bigger world because their attitudes don't get them far in places where being a former Crow isn't impressive.

So for any Melbourne or Essendon fans, at least be comforted by the fact that if guys like Goodwin and Rutten are still able to find work in Melbourne they must have something going for them, unlike the Brett Burton, Nigel Smart, Ben Hart and Steven Trigg's of the world.
I hold fears that Roo, Burton and Campo will be at the club again and the real problem won't be fixed. Pyke fell on his sword rightly or wrongly and these guys should do the same. It seems clear but they're hanging on aren't they. Interesting you mention Nigel Smart, I didn't know he was a DH

I hold fears that Roo, Burton and Campo will be at the club again and the real problem won't be fixed. Pyke fell on his sword rightly or wrongly and these guys should do the same. It seems clear but they're hanging on aren't they. Interesting you mention Nigel Smart, I didn't know he was a DH
Roo won't be moved on, he will still be there pulling the string.

Roo has the misguided belief that since guys like him and Burton played for the club, that means no one could possibly do a better job than them running it, because who could love the club more? Certainly not some outsider who never wore the tri-colours! Pyke had the self-awareness of the situation because he didn't spend years in the Adelaide bubble where everything he did was great just because he was doing it. Roo and Burton completely lack that perspective and with Chapman being an absolute idiot of a chairman they continue to think they're doing an awesome job. Chapman pretty much admitted it on radio, Pyke left, he expected the review would be concluded quickly after that because what else could the problem be?

But then guys like Burton and Hart, they're hanging on because what other club would employ them at this point? Hart has been trying for 3 years to get work back in Melbourne and no one wants him, not even an amatuer club. Burton wrecked Brisbane as fitness coach, wrecked Adelaide as fitness coach, somehow got promoted to being head of the footy department, and then pissed off numerous players and staff, who've all been booted out or are in the process of leaving the club because Burton's ego is so fragile he can't handle being questioned. Josh Francou was willing to quit football altogether than spend another year working for Burton for crying out loud! Who the hell would hire him at this point? We're the only ones stupid enough to do it.

Lulz. You don't get out much do you? Fruity rubbish :D
So people who don't like "craft" beer are somehow less worldly than the ever so sophisticated bearded, hair bunned craft beer connoisseur. Why is it such a crime to dislike the overbearing taste of many of these beers? See how I threw in a stereo type there for sly insult factor? In the end debating which beer is the best with randoms on the internet is pointless. Craft beer supporters trying to claim superiority knowledge and the other side rightly or wrongly calling them w***ers...........So what the F... happened on this camp?

So people who don't like "craft" beer are somehow less worldly than the ever so sophisticated bearded, hair bunned craft beer connoisseur. Why is it such a crime to dislike the overbearing taste of many of these beers? See how I threw in a stereo type there for sly insult factor? In the end debating which beer is the best with randoms on the internet is pointless. Craft beer supporters trying to claim superiority knowledge and the other side rightly or wrongly calling them w***ers...........So what the F... happened on this camp?

Hey I was just responding to someone who called craft beer trash, i didn't start it or say any of the above so take out your aggression somewhere else.

Interesting you mention Nigel Smart, I didn't know he was a DH

A picture is worth a thousand words...

977835-7732bda4-8e44-11e3-8dff-f6af7c30323d.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back