Preview Adelaide Crows v Brisbane Lions, Round 9, Sunday 12 May 2024 4pm @ Adelaide Oval - The Mother's Day Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just a matter of time before a team sends someone to Zorko.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Ben Keays this week and he will just fight tooth and nail to stop Zorko from getting the ball.
That’s why we need another ball user in the team and why I’d like Brain to be given a go.

So I was watching the replay of the Lions v Suns...are we looking at the wrong small forward to go in to the midfield eventually? Lohmann was EVERYWHERE.
Skys the limit if he works that hard every week.
Are you referring to Bailey as our wrong one? Rayner?
I was thinking Sharpie as well as a possible new candidate, or wing/midfield not forward mid.
But Sharpie on the wing gets him up and down the field anyway , and also into the corridor.
I think he was a Godsend for us in that position, so no way ,let him settle in that role I reckon, he was perfecto.
Lohmann, same thoughts there as well , he can work up and down the field as a small forward, kind of like Linc's role.
So maybe he owns that one.
For what it's worth from what we got last Sunday, Lohmann and Sharpie look better than Bailey and Rayner in terms of cover defending and tackling .
Maybe not so much in the X factor department, but that's the thing , what's more important.
I'd leave it as they are for now .
They offer so much as it is.

Skys the limit if he works that hard every week.
Are you referring to Bailey as our wrong one? Rayner?
I was thinking Sharpie as well as a possible new candidate, or wing/midfield not forward mid.
But Sharpie on the wing gets him up and down the field anyway , and also into the corridor.
I think he was a Godsend for us in that position, so no way ,let him settle in that role I reckon, he was perfecto.
Lohmann, same thoughts there as well , he can work up and down the field as a small forward, kind of like Linc's role.
So maybe he owns that one.
For what it's worth from what we got last Sunday, Lohmann and Sharpie look better than Bailey and Rayner in terms of cover defending and tackling .
Maybe not so much in the X factor department, but that's the thing , what's more important.
I'd leave it as they are for now .
They offer so much as it is.

Yeah for sure and I am not calling for it right now or even short-term but in the long run, if Lohmann can back that effort up week after week, I'd be putting him there before both Rayner and especially Bailey but all ifs and buts for now.

Better teams than ours have not done very well in the South Australia Sunday 4pm time slot recently. Hopefully we get my favourite commentator Dwayne Russell calling the game and a win for Lions.

Better teams than ours have not done very well in the South Australia Sunday 4pm time slot recently. Hopefully we get my favourite commentator Dwayne Russell calling the game and a win for Lions.

The 7 day break is perfect for us tbh. I'd be concerned for our guys if we had any less than 7.

The 7 day break is perfect for us tbh. I'd be concerned for our guys if we had any less than 7.
I'm still concerned.

Just praying for no more injuries.

Last time we had a really hard slog at the Gabba it didn't end well (GWS).

Plus we've covered more ground in eight rounds that Burke and Wills.

Brisbane, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Brisbane and now back to Adelaide.

Pretty brutal really AND combined with the toughest draw in the comp AND picking up an horrendous injury toll along the way

A win this Sunday against the Crows would be epic.

Last edited:
Alright alright alright, I never do this but desperate times call for desperate measures.

B: Jack Payne, Harris Andrews, Darcy Wilmot
HB: Dayne Zorko, Ryan Lester, Conor McKenna
C: Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage, Harry Sharp
R: Oscar McInerney, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Neale
HF: Kai Lohmann, Joe Daniher, Logan Morris
FF: Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Cam Rayner
Int: Jaspa Fletcher, Bruce Reville, Shadeau Brain, James Tunstill, Jarryd Lyons (sub)

Assuming Cal Ah Chee does not come up. If he does, Lyons shuffles out, Tunstill moves to sub, Morris moves to the bench. Ah Chee HFF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would honestly love a bench of

Brain Morris Ahchee Sharp

Sub: Lyons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have really gone off Lyons after watching him live on many occasions just jogging on the defensive side of the game.

I would have Tunstill as Sub.

I will still stick to this side with Lyons playing forward only.
Nice that Cal is available.

FB: Jaspa Fletcher, Jack Payne, Ryan Lester

HB: Darcy Wilmot, Harris Andrews, Dayne Zorko

C: Harry Sharp, Hugh McCluggage, Bruce Reville

HF: Charlie Cameron, Eric Hipwood, Cam Rayner

FF: Jarrod Lyons, Joe Daniher, Kai Lohmann

FOLL: Oscar McInerney, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Neale

I/C: Logan Morris, Jarrod Berry, Conor McKenna, Cal Ah Chee

Sub from: Prior, Brain, Joyce, Fort

I’m excited to see what we can do as a team once hugh, Charlie and hippy find some form and Bailey comes back from injury.
I thought Hugh tried really hard Sunday night but is really out of form. In contrast, berry was superb and Harris and Lester absolute rocks.
McCluggage is suffering from the fact that opponents are on to him BIG TIME when it comes to his ability to weave through heavy traffic. They are clearly being told to not let him get the extra three or four steps in and he is getting picked up sooner. The solution is for McCluggage to get the ball onto his boot faster. His hands are normally clean, but because he is perceiving the extra pressure he has been a been fumbling it more. He is a class act, so he will work through it.

McCluggage is suffering from the fact that opponents are on to him BIG TIME when it comes to his ability to weave through heavy traffic. They are clearly being told to not let him get the extra three or four steps in and he is getting picked up sooner.

Once opposition coaches figured out that the best way to stop a player is to tackle them, everything fell apart for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back