Jackfrost

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I am looking to buy a home theatre system to compliment my 60” Sharp Quattron and am hoping to get some input into my proposed system.

I want a system that has decent sound but I am by now means an audiophile and I want to stream music and movies/shows from my laptop through an existing AP bridge I am currently using to stream to the TV.

I mostly watch TV series (Breaking Bad, SOO, Boardwalk Empire etc) and sport and music taste is mostly bands like Tool, Metallica, Sevendust etc although the Mrs will listen to commercial dance (not when I’m home) and stuff like Prodigy.

I am looking at the 5.1 Accusound 8.6XD 200W with a Onkyo TX-NR414 AV or perhaps the TX-NR515 which will cost me somewhere in the vicinity or $1200-1400.

I also have my eye on the Paradigm Cinema CT100 setup with a Yamaha RX-V473 A/V Receiver for $1590.

The family room is 25m2 but is part of an open plan with the kitchen behind it and living room next to the kitchen and an alfresco next to the living and dining rooms.

You will need to listen and go with what sounds good to you.

The Amps you have quoted are good brands, but I would stay away from the Accusound speakers. Paradigm I believe are good but have never auditioned them.

Also not a big fan of the Bose gear - overpriced and not interconnecatble with other "standard" audio gear.

My suggestion is a quality amp (Onkyo, Marantz, Yamaha, Denon, Rotel, etc.) paired with quality speakers (such as Klipsch, JBL, B&W, Mission, Dali, etc.), and I then run either an Apple TV or Express (I think) to stream music wirelessly from your ITunes.

It will all depend on your budget and what you like the sound of.

After looking and auditioning myself for a while, I went with denon avr590 and monitor audio bx2 left right and bx centre. Using old jamos for rears and velodyne impact 12 sub I got at half price.

Might be worth having a look at.

I am looking to buy a home theatre system to compliment my 60” Sharp Quattron and am hoping to get some input into my proposed system.

I want a system that has decent sound but I am by now means an audiophile and I want to stream music and movies/shows from my laptop through an existing AP bridge I am currently using to stream to the TV.

I mostly watch TV series (Breaking Bad, SOO, Boardwalk Empire etc) and sport and music taste is mostly bands like Tool, Metallica, Sevendust etc although the Mrs will listen to commercial dance (not when I’m home) and stuff like Prodigy.

I am looking at the 5.1 Accusound 8.6XD 200W with a Onkyo TX-NR414 AV or perhaps the TX-NR515 which will cost me somewhere in the vicinity or $1200-1400.

I also have my eye on the Paradigm Cinema CT100 setup with a Yamaha RX-V473 A/V Receiver for $1590.

The family room is 25m2 but is part of an open plan with the kitchen behind it and living room next to the kitchen and an alfresco next to the living and dining rooms.

I've got one of those Yamahas and it meets my needs, although you can get it as part of a package for under $1000.

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/au...kage/yht-398au/?mode=model#page=2&mode=paging

You will need to listen and go with what sounds good to you.

The Amps you have quoted are good brands, but I would stay away from the Accusound speakers. Paradigm I believe are good but have never auditioned them.

Also not a big fan of the Bose gear - overpriced and not interconnecatble with other "standard" audio gear.

My suggestion is a quality amp (Onkyo, Marantz, Yamaha, Denon, Rotel, etc.) paired with quality speakers (such as Klipsch, JBL, B&W, Mission, Dali, etc.), and I then run either an Apple TV or Express (I think) to stream music wirelessly from your ITunes.

It will all depend on your budget and what you like the sound of.
Ended up stretching out the budget and getting a Denon 2113 AV receiver with Focal 716v tower speakers as I realised I am more interested in getting better music in this room. I have a dedicated theatre room that I'll deck out with a 5.1 system later on down the track.

Very happy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back