Autopsy AFL 2016 - Round 2 - What have you learnt, liked or hated?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fine. You accept he milked it. We all watched him throw himself on the ground to get it. Ergo he dived into the ground. It cost us a flag chance. And we hate him for it. Why the sore anoose? From your clubs perspective he's a legend. From our clubs perspective he is and always will be the diving pr*** who cost us a grand final appearance. That's football....
From your clubs perspective?
This is the first I've heard "your club" whinge about it. I'd say it's from a few bitter supporters perspective, doesn't even seem like a majority, and I doubt anyone who is actually in the club blames Riewoldt for you losing. I'd recommend speaking on behalf of yourself, not making grand statements on behalf of others

This is the first I've heard "your club" whinge about it. I'd say it's from a few bitter supporters perspective, doesn't even seem like a majority, and I doubt anyone who is actually in the club blames Riewoldt for you losing. I'd recommend speaking on behalf of yourself, not making grand statements on behalf of others

Agreed. Holding a grudge against Reiwoldt for a free kick seven years ago is ridiculous.

The majority of passionate supporters who went to that final were, and remain furious, about that dive. It changed the entire nature of that game and cost us a grand final berth that none of us who are under 50 have ever experienced....

I'd recommend you can stick your head up your behind but it doesn't mean you will or should do it...

Agreed. Holding a grudge against Reiwoldt for a free kick seven years ago is ridiculous.

I still hold a grudge against Billy Brownless for his on the siren kick in 1994..... Andrew McCloud for '97 etc etc... Horses for courses :)

None of it compares with divers dive which was blatant exploitation...

The majority of passionate supporters who went to that final were, and remain furious, about that dive. It changed the entire nature of that game and cost us a grand final berth that none of us who are under 50 have ever experienced....

I'd recommend you can stick your head up your behind but it doesn't mean you will or should do it...

I still hold a grudge against Billy Brownless for his on the siren kick in 1994..... Andrew McCloud for '97 etc etc... Horses for courses :)

None of it compares with divers dive which was blatant exploitation...
So it's changed from "the club" feels something about the Riewoldt to "most passionate supporters".

But we can see you're an irrational human. Felt the need to attack instead of respond

Hi everyone, I am new to aussie rules. I was wondering when lineups are released for each game, is it similar to soccer about 1 hour before game time? Also where is the best place to view injuries news and previews before, the official AFL site has previews but is really poor at mentioning injuries,

Thanks

http://www.afl.com.au/injury-list

Its updated pretty well

So it's changed from "the club" feels something about the Riewoldt to "most passionate supporters".

But we can see you're an irrational human. Felt the need to attack instead of respond

Who is this "we" on who's behalf you feel free to speak? Didn't you recommend "....speaking on behalf of yourself, not making grand statements on behalf of others...." about 10 seconds ago?

FWIW I felt I responded. I even thought I gave you some helpful advice? You try and you try and you try some more but there's just no making some people happy in this world :(

Last edited:
Lik
That's fine. You accept he milked it. We all watched him throw himself on the ground to get it. Ergo he dived into the ground. It cost us a flag chance. And we hate him for it. Why the sore anoose? From your clubs perspective he's a legend. From our clubs perspective he is and always will be the diving pr*** who cost us a grand final appearance. That's football....
Like i have said. I was furious when it happened. But after a while i got over it by thinking if one of our forwards did it to help get us in a grand final we would be cheering him.

"Whining", pah-lease.

A 21 year old star of the game, think Fyfe mixed with Hird, he was the raging brownlow favourite...had consecutive games where he had 40 disposals, 10+ marks and 4+ goals in 1972...and he was just 21.

Out at Moorabbin he is king hit after kicking the ball down field. Spends more than 24 hrs in a coma, with real fears that he would never come out and if he did have serious brain damage. Luckily he did pull through, but then faced over 6 months in hopsitals going through rehabilitation.

"Whining"...you sir are a loser, fitting that you are a Saint I guess.

Liked - The Doggies
Disliked - the groupthink singling out Cotchin, it was Vickery and Rance who botched that game.

You are the kind of moron who assumes that because of one St Kilda player all St Kilda players are rogues who would like nothing more then to end your players careers....

Must make you wanna punch the wall to see Robert Harvey down at your club.

If every club was rated on the actions of its worst people then no club would be squeaky clean.

So a player getting a free kick cost you? It was a free kick, and he should have had more the way Lake was playing. If the ump didn't call that one more would have followed - he had to blow one eventually. It was a good close game - you got beaten by the better team. The prelim that you should be pissed about is 97 - had the game in the bag but suffered the biggest choke in history. I fully expected the dogs to make the final the following year, but it stuck. you finally make one 12 years later against a team that went 20-2 and that's the one you anguish over? Should be proud how you took it all the way, but it took that free for Lake to realise he wasn't going to get away with fouling Roo every single chance he got. It was a similar game to collingwood v geelong in 2007 - almost a massive upset when the better team was a bit ahead of themselves, but had the class to just get out of jail.

Liked - Adelaide & Western Bulldogs. Fast, exciting, attacking, and hopefully the beginning of a new era of top 4 dominance. Gold Coast winning for the first time in Perth and looking like a finals contender.

Learnt - West Coast can't play in Melbourne. So if they can't do that, they can't win a flag. Hawthorn still top 4 and flag contenders.

Hated - Melbourne (obvious) should be able to put those poor performances behind us, yet we've relapsed and may very well have one win after 6 rounds. No intensity, leadership, urgency, or care.

So a player getting a free kick cost you? It was a free kick, and he should have had more the way Lake was playing. If the ump didn't call that one more would have followed - he had to blow one eventually. It was a good close game - you got beaten by the better team. The prelim that you should be pissed about is 97 - had the game in the bag but suffered the biggest choke in history. I fully expected the dogs to make the final the following year, but it stuck. you finally make one 12 years later against a team that went 20-2 and that's the one you anguish over? Should be proud how you took it all the way, but it took that free for Lake to realise he wasn't going to get away with fouling Roo every single chance he got. It was a similar game to collingwood v geelong in 2007 - almost a massive upset when the better team was a bit ahead of themselves, but had the class to just get out of jail.

O believe you me I'm pissed about '97. Many of us may never recover from '97. In fact, I was guest of honour at an AFC function a couple of years ago on the head table with AFC legend Andrew McCloud and sat next to him. Guess what game the the MC interviewed him about extensively after mains had been served and delivered for a good 30 mins. Guess who got engaged in good natured footy banter for about 2 hours thereafter given they all knew I was a committed Western Bulldogs member. Turned my wine to vinegar and the food to ashes on my tongue. Luckily Ernie Sigley was on the table beside us and threw a few witticisms into the air that made me laugh.

Threads getting derailed but I'll just say this. We had our chances in that game. And no one got a love tap and threw themselves on the ground to turn the tide....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver's going to be a gun mate. When you guys get Oliver, Petracca, Brawshaw and Viney all firing together items going to stun a lot of other teams into submission.
There's a lot of ducks to line up, right now I am more concerned about us just being competitive, which is a concern because we need to start winning, and against good sides, mid range sides. Our biggest issue is forward pressure, keeping the ball in our forward like seems an impossible task right now. Worrying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back