Preview AFL 2017 - FW1 - Geelong v Richmond, Fri, 19:50 AEST, Sep 08, 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a small feeling that Richmond may finally win a close game this year for the first time this season, and Geelong might finally lose a close game for the first time this season.
Whoever wins will probably make the GF, as they will likely play GWS who aren't terrific at the MCG.
It'll be a non Victorian finalist in the preliminary final against Richmond or Geelong as well.

Bring on a 90,000 crowd

Haven't looked forward to a final this much since the Saints in 2009

I'm perfectly calm. The more I see the media commentariat pump the tigers up, Hardwick and Gale talk up their chances.... All the while the GFC is as quiet as a mouse gives me confidence. It's hard to explain but it seems we're focused on the game, not the media tit for tat.

lol what media has the club done, outside Hardwick saying enjoy the pressure ? It's not our fault main stream media love writing articles about the tigers, we sell papers and unfortunately the cats dont. The papers are even writing why Martin has neck tattoos ffs lol. I also love the cats supporters sooking in this thread, you act under appreciated on here, and how your all focused, yet on your board, you have already won and talking about how you will win the flag as you should be avoiding sydney.

I have never seen a supporter group like yourselves that seriously love the taste of there own bathwater.

Not out of hope, I've seen the future and the future is a Catastrophe for Geelong ;) :D
I am not at all surprised too see you in here, but well done on proving your obsession once again :thumbsu:

lol what media has the club done, outside Hardwick saying enjoy the pressure ? It's not our fault main stream media love writing articles about the tigers, we sell papers and unfortunately the cats dont. The papers are even writing why Martin has neck tattoos ffs lol. I also love the cats supporters sooking in this thread, you act under appreciated on here, and how your all focused, yet on your board, you have already won and talking about how you will win the flag as you should be avoiding sydney.

I have never seen a supporter group like yourselves that seriously love the taste of there own bathwater.
ha nice melt.
Don't know about flag but prelim should be attained. Serious embarrassment to lose next Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious embarrassment for who exactly? We haven't beaten you blokes in 13 odd games. Highly publicised. Would say the pressure is on Geelong a lot more then the tigers. Can't wait for the contest
That was what I was saying, yes.
Massive embarrassment for us to lose.

That was what I was saying, yes.
Massive embarrassment for us to lose.
Fair enough mate. Hoping we don't embarrass ourselves this time. I don't think I could handle it. Especially with a lot of our supporters getting ahead of themselves. Media should just pretend we don't exist cause it just makes defeat even worse. Going to be 95k+ in the rain though Friday and a tiger win would truly be something special!

Toss of the coin game but leaning to the tigers at the G. Always loved the passion shown by their players and fans so would be great to see them win a big final.

I find this amusing. Every neutral I've spoken to is going for us.

Probably says a lot about the circles you inhabit.

92cba55a800bba65ecf29cea49701435.gif

excluding GF's this game and the Collingwood Geelong PF in 2007 would be the biggest crowds in 40 + years...unless someone else can think of one?

I'm perfectly calm. The more I see the media commentariat pump the tigers up, Hardwick and Gale talk up their chances.... All the while the GFC is as quiet as a mouse gives me confidence. It's hard to explain but it seems we're focused on the game, not the media tit for tat.

Scott was on footy show today and mackie on game day today..

I think geelong will win. But we definitely have less pressure this time, another shot next week, lower ranked team this time and bookies are not making us the favourites.

Scott was on footy show today and mackie on game day today..

I think geelong will win. But we definitely have less pressure this time, another shot next week, lower ranked team this time and bookies are not making us the favourites.

You need to lift your spirits. You have the eye of the tiger!!

Feeling pretty confident about this game which is not normal for me against Geelong

Last game crowd
15% Tigers 85% Cats ( Tigers crowd were seperated due to ticketing )
This game 95,000 - 60,000 Tiger supporters to add vocals & abuse

Ground
Unusual shape and a lot narrower than the 'G

Weather if it rains
I believe it should suit the tigers with our run and carry and geelong's talls could get exposed

Favourites
Richmond don't really deal well with going into games as favourites and seem to be better when there not expected to win so they might just go for it

Ground MCG record at this ground is 3-2 with wins against Hawks and Pies (both non finals teams ) 1 loss against Essendon ( finals team)

Geelong v Collingwood - Win
Geelong v Hawthorn - Win
Geelong v Essendon - Loss
Geelong v Collingwood - Loss
Geelong v Hawthorn - Win

Tigers by 18 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back