AFL 2017 - R6 - GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs: Friday 7:50 PM AEST UNSW Canberra Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it in Canberra, is the showground not available?
We couldn't play there tonight but the schedule could have been jiggled presumably.
I'll give you an honest answer. When the AFL chose two Giants Bulldogs Friday night games one had to be our home game. I think they were afraid of a small crowd at Spotless, Friday nights are unkown territory for us.
Manuka is a smaller ground and going on the Suns game at Spotless and the Port game at Manuka, Manuka is a much more lively atmosphere with a very similar sized crowd.
I would argue that lacked courage, but it's supported by the fact our other Friday night game next week is a away game against the Saints.
I think the club is happy to get Friday night games and a big national audience, so I'm not whinging too much.
:D I prefer Manuka to the SCG anyway. Further to travel but a pleasant trip and it's not full of Swans supporters.

We couldn't play there tonight but the schedule could have been jiggled presumably.
I'll give you an honest answer. When the AFL chose two Giants Bulldogs Friday night games one had to be our home game. I think they were afraid of a small crowd at Spotless, Friday nights are unkown territory for us.
Manuka is a smaller ground and going on the Suns game at Spotless and the Port game at Manuka, Manuka is a much more lively atmosphere with a very similar sized crowd.
I would argue that lacked courage, but it's supported by the fact our other Friday night game next week is a away game against the Saints.
I think the club is happy to get Friday night games and a big national audience, so I'm not whinging too much.
:D I prefer Manuka to the SCG anyway. Further to travel but a pleasant trip and it's not full of Swans supporters.
They would probably only try it if collingwood were the opponents. think you guys deserve some blockbuster games on prime time, allows you to connect with more people and build your supporter base.

I'm tipping GWS to be a bit startled by the occasion and the dogs to get off to a good start. The giants will reel them in to draw level at 3 qtr time with the dogs regaining some ascendancy in the final term to get over the line by 14 points.

They would probably only try it if collingwood were the opponents. think you guys deserve some blockbuster games on prime time, allows you to connect with more people and build your supporter base.
You'd think Collingwood but Carlton had at least as much support at Spotless last year. The VIC and SA clubs all seem to turn out a reasonable number.
Some Sydney residents and some travelling presumably.
No argument on the second point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FINAL TEAMS

The final teams have dropped for tonight's huge clash between the Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney. There's a big late out for the Bulldogs. Over to you Tom Boyd...

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs at UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.50pm

LATE CHANGES
Greater Western Sydney:
Nil
Western Bulldogs: Tom Campbell replaced in selected side by Bailey Dale

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Greater Western Sydney: Tim Taranto, Matthew Kennedy, Nathan Wilson, Sam Reid
Western Bulldogs: Matt Suckling, Bailey Williams, Caleb Daniel, Lin Jong

Some people never learn. Tipping the Prelim chokers over the reigning premiers? Ha ha.

FINAL TEAMS

The final teams have dropped for tonight's huge clash between the Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney. There's a big late out for the Bulldogs. Over to you Tom Boyd...

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs at UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.50pm

LATE CHANGES
Greater Western Sydney:
Nil
Western Bulldogs: Tom Campbell replaced in selected side by Bailey Dale

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Greater Western Sydney:
Tim Taranto, Matthew Kennedy, Nathan Wilson, Sam Reid
Western Bulldogs: Matt Suckling, Bailey Williams, Caleb Daniel, Lin Jong
Lol that Dale gets named at FF as a result. With Boyd in the ruck, do you reckon someone like Adams plays forward like he did last week?

Lol that Dale gets named at FF as a result. With Boyd in the ruck, do you reckon someone like Adams plays forward like he did last week?
Na doubt it. Seems like going in small in the forward and run them off their feet.

Don't think Adams playing FF is a good experiment for tonights game. Never know with Bev though

Na doubt it. Seems like going in small in the forward and run them off their feet.

Don't think Adams playing FF is a good experiment for tonights game. Never know with Bev though
Fair enough. Probably similar with us against Essendon. We've got Watts, Hannan, Garlett, Petracca, ANB, JKH and Pederson which is a small forward line. Will be interesting to see how it works with the Dogs and also the Dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back