AFL 2017 - R6 - GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs: Friday 7:50 PM AEST UNSW Canberra Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what we'll do with the ruck now. Boyd obviously can't do it all night by himself, and I think it was round 1 we went in with just Boyd, but Cloke was his chop out. But now Cloke is injured, and Adams and Roberts will need to stay back, we might see Dunkley or Jong in there.

FINAL TEAMS

The final teams have dropped for tonight's huge clash between the Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney. There's a big late out for the Bulldogs. Over to you Tom Boyd...

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs at UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.50pm

LATE CHANGES
Greater Western Sydney:
Nil
Western Bulldogs: Tom Campbell replaced in selected side by Bailey Dale

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Greater Western Sydney:
Tim Taranto, Matthew Kennedy, Nathan Wilson, Sam Reid
Western Bulldogs: Matt Suckling, Bailey Williams, Caleb Daniel, Lin Jong
Holy S**t that's not good.... I wasn't expecting Campbell to beat Mumford anyway but at least he is a recognised ruckman. I think we will get creamed now unfortunately, although Boyd did play well in the prelim when asked to step up but on current form I think not. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

Not sure what we'll do with the ruck now. Boyd obviously can't do it all night by himself, and I think it was round 1 we went in with just Boyd, but Cloke was his chop out. But now Cloke is injured, and Adams and Roberts will need to stay back, we might see Dunkley or Jong in there.

It somehow worked in the prelim ;)

Shattered no Carlton on a Friday night

If we get a game half as good as last years prelim, will be a win for football fans
Thank god no more us on a Friday night this year.

#smallwins

Mumford will make it so hard for him tonight. Boyd will know he's played a game of footy tonight.

Indeed. I'll be impressed if Boyd can keep at it for 4 quarters

Thats pretty poor.
Surely the AFL can't be happy with this.
Well we do get free admission to the show to compensate. Think it's the best option, Spotless is a seriously good little footy ground.

Been that way since year 1 and was a condition of government funding so we are all used to it.

Wasnt a fan of Canberra to start but i woke up. Our Capital brothers are just as important to us.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Early days but they seem to be turning out Giants fans tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad day at work?
Been fired up the whole thread you have

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
My day was ok General. There is nothing like a clash against your boys to put the fire in the belly. The prelim final last year was possibly the best game I have ever seen. Regardless of my s**t stirring which is all bluff, I know how good GWS are going to be so a victory against them is like gold.

The Giants have been the more convincing side this year. Wouldn't underestimate the Dogs though, I think they'll be primed for this match. However think the Giants win by a few goals.
This is me . Giants by 14 points. I think that's a margin where I can see the Bullies winning

If the umps show up doggies have a chance.
giphy.gif

Yep
We've just run for the pre warm up. Lot of empty seats still on the oppo side. Bulldogs fans still at the pub maybe. Too early to guess a split.

Will be interesting to see the rough split during the game. Dogs supporters in the past have traveled to Manuka oval. A 14k crowd would be a good result for the ground going by recent figures. Is the ground still showing signs of sand or is it looking lush? Over the last few years there were complaints of excessive sand on the surface

This is me . Giants by 14 points. I think that's a margin where I can see the Bullies winning
Yeah I just did my tips, had the Giants by 22 pts. Can definitely see the Dogs getting up though. It should be good viewing and really interested to see how both teams perform since the last game they played in the PF last year which was a classic.

This is probably going to be a little similar to the Spotless game last year based on our outs and lack of depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back