AFL 2017 - R9 - Essendon v West Coast - 13:10 AEST, Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Got thumped in the midfield, was one of those days where everyone sort of lost belief, the ball bounces to the opposition on these sorts of days and it did so today.

Bombers used a Hawthorn like game plan with short kicks and quick movement of the ball. Worked well and the Eagles had no response. Can credit JJK and Shep from the eagles and maybe a handful of others but most players were beaten.

Umpiring was bad early but wasn't a game changer by any means.

Keep hearing we have a lot of work to do but are still dishing up the same crap in Melb against average teams. Very disapointed in the midfield group today we like the game on our terms. When Mitchell came to the club he told them that opposition teams identified that WC best is as good as anyones but if you can hault there strengths you go a long way to beating them. And that doesn't appear to have changed, not a easy fix but where going nowhere if we don't change.

Be nice if it was just unbiased everywhere
This s**t is ridiculous. We can't touch an Essendon player ATM

9-1 in the first quarter and ended up 18-15 for the match.

How does it feel to be on the other side of questionable umpiring?

This happens to literally every team that travels to play West Coast. I've almost stopped watching games over in the west because I can't stomach the biased umpiring. And I am not talking about games against my team, I am talking about being a neutral.

For what it's worth, your team were smashed in all the statistics in the first half so free kicks usually follow when you're first to the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Greens been alright for the bombers this year, the delisting was the boot up the ass he needed I reckon. Got so comfortable at Brisbane that he got lazy.

I also think some players deal with losses differently. Some players need the win. Playing for Brisbane when you know you're going to win only a couple games a year would be a hard one to deal with. For some players, they need the win.

9-1 in the first quarter and ended up 18-15 for the match.

How does it feel to be on the other side of questionable umpiring?

This happens to literally every team that travels to play West Coast. I've almost stopped watching games over in the west because I can't stomach the biased umpiring. And I am not talking about games against my team, I am talking about being a neutral.

For what it's worth, your team were smashed in all the statistics in the first half so free kicks usually follow when you're first to the ball.

And you don't think the free kicks go to us because we are first to the ball at home?
Same logic applies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back