AFL 2017 - R9 - Geelong v Western Bulldogs 19:50 AEST, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw a lot of Geelong players getting their hands on it first.

Well you should watch the last qtr again. Some seriously bad calls being made, including the umpire getting caught up in the moment and paying HTB against murphy when he kicked the ball. Calls like that are momentum killers.

Rare shit game.
I reckon he was average last week against WC.

In fact his year so far hasn't been that great, serviceable yes but nothing extraordinary. I don't know if it's because he has set a high standard previously but he hasn't seemed to have taken games by the scruff of the neck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget that after 23 rounds in 2016 they were deemed the 7th best team. Their performances in 2017 show they are still about that mark.
Last year Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS, Adelaide and WC were above them. This year id say Geelong, GWS, Adelaide are above them, and they're about equal with the Eagles. Unsure where Port stands yet.

Bulldogs around the mark, long way to go, still think their best footy is worthy of a GF, but they're getting opened up because sides are running with them.

Does 7 think Mark Stevens brings anything to the coverage.

Tried to get Murphy to bag the umps so soon after the game he can still barely breathe.

Well done to Murphy for not biting. All class.
need malthouse to put him back in his box

Why did Cloke even come in? They already brought in Redpath last week and Dixon this week. Wouldn't it have been better to keep Libba in or even McClean? In hindsight... the Dogs seemed to go in with too many tall forwards and taking Libba out removed the grunt from the midfield.

Well you should watch the last qtr again. Some seriously bad calls being made, including the umpire getting caught up in the moment and paying HTB against murphy when he kicked the ball. Calls like that are momentum killers.
Maybe the umprie thought he ran too far before being tackled?

There were some poor decisions (as there always is) but Geelong winning more of the ball was the difference.

If your players lost their heads because of it well it says more about how they face adversity than it does anything else.

Oh . . .sorry . . . I meant to say they were #sobrave.

Last year Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS, Adelaide and WC were above them. This year id say Geelong, GWS, Adelaide are above them, and they're about equal with the Eagles. Unsure where Port stands yet.

Bulldogs around the mark, long way to go, still think their best footy is worthy of a GF, but they're getting opened up because sides are running with them.

Rubbish

You really have no idea about football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back