AFL 2017 - R9 - Geelong v Western Bulldogs 19:50 AEST, Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the Bonts shot on goal at 3/4 time could have been a match changer, alas IF.

Great to the Geelong supporters playing it up as if it was fair. Shows the class or lack there of. I was sitting with a geelong mate last night who commented on how biased it was.

The simply reality is that umpires are influenced by the crowd in Geelong. It's a problem the AFL need to address. Too many game changing calls that change momentum at a location where it's hard to get momentum.

As for those knocking the dogs off the pedestal. They started slow last year, they'll be in the top 8, but Geelong won't won't the flag, that I can gaurantee. They're too reliant on Dangerfield. If he has a bad game, they suck. You can't rely on just one player.

And if I have to endure another game of Ling's commentating, I might just throw something at the tv. Seriously, he needs to go to the change room and give dangerfield and selwood a blowy to get it over with.

Your ladder position this time last year was 5th, you ended up 7th.

So you didn't have a big back half, or at least not compared to the competition.

If you're happy to try win a premiership from outside the top 4 again that's fine, but that's a very low % play.

Great win last night, really impressive. Now we need to bring that same intensity every week. Just on the Bulldogs, some of the throws their players pull off are brilliant. If you watched them in isolation you'd be forgiven for thinking chucking the ball was a legit part of Aussie Rules footy. Need to stamp down harder on that.

Great win last night, really impressive. Now we need to bring that same intensity every week. Just on the Bulldogs, some of the throws their players pull off are brilliant. If you watched them in isolation you'd be forgiven for thinking chucking the ball was a legit part of Aussie Rules footy. Need to stamp down harder on that.

They've certainly mastered the art of placing the footy on the ground to their advantage when tackled, rugby union style.

Still, if it only takes 1 player to knock off the reigning premiers, well you should all be grateful that we give you teams with 22 players some hope of beating the dogs.Best of luck- you'll need it!
Come down Sally.....just a neutral opinion ....didn't one of the two have to get 50 possessions a few weeks back just to get you over the line..I think most would agree that the reliance on a few players is worrying. At 3qtr time Dogs had 5 players on 20 possessions and Cats had Danger !!! (Watch yourself Danger!!!..been soo long) on 31 and next best at 20 odd. If you look at the correlation between Geelong wins and Dangerwood best ons it's clearly the strongest correlation in the comp by a fair margin and thats what Bevo was saying in the presser.

And I know plenty of Cats fans themselves don't rate Scott as a coach....i work with 2 of them and that's just in WA as well.

Come down Sally.....just a neutral opinion ....didn't one of the two have to get 50 possessions a few weeks back just to get you over the line..I think most would agree that the reliance on a few players is worrying. At 3qtr time Dogs had 5 players on 20 possessions and Cats had Danger !!! (Watch yourself Danger!!!..been soo long) on 31 and next best at 20 odd. If you look at the correlation between Geelong wins and Dangerwood best ons it's clearly the strongest correlation in the comp by a fair margin and thats what Bevo was saying in the presser.

And I know plenty of Cats fans themselves don't rate Scott as a coach....i work with 2 of them and that's just in WA as well.

so what's the problem? both teams had 5 players with 20 possessions at three quarter time but Dangerfield had more than the other 9 with 20+

nice of Beveridge to identify Dangerfield as Footscray's biggest threat and then fail to do anything about it - mention anything about that in his presser??

also, please be sure to update us all about your work colleagues and their highly relevant opinions, adds heaps.

No Murphy kicked the ball, changed everything. Finished me off, that's if you remember the incident I'm talking about.

And I picked the Cats. Thats the game changers now, umpire clangers.

either way Murphy was caught and, far from turning defense into attack only actually managed to grub the ball along the ground - if the Dogs are blaming these kinds of marginal decisions on last night's loss then their premiership defense is in big trouble.

fact is their own lack of discipline cost them when they were already on the back foot. Giving away 2 50s for abusive language is amateurish, I'd be filthy on my own mob if they'd stuffed up in that manner.

Wow....get the blinkers off. Your captain plays to a different set of rules where legally disposing of the ball when being tackled is optional.

either way Murphy was caught and, far from turning defense into attack only actually managed to grub the ball along the ground - if the Dogs are blaming these kinds of marginal decisions on last night's loss then their premiership defense is in big trouble.

fact is their own lack of discipline cost them when they were already on the back foot. Giving away 2 50s for abusive language is amateurish, I'd be filthy on my own mob if they'd stuffed up in that manner.
Umpiring didn't cost us this game......it was our inability to defend the centre clearances in the second and last quarters. The Murphy decision ended with a goal to Geelong when we were taking the ball forward. It didn't help.

Umpiring didn't cost us this game......it was our inability to defend the centre clearances in the second and last quarters. The Murphy decision ended with a goal to Geelong when we were taking the ball forward. It didn't help.

didn't help, no. but even if that free is not awarded, Murphy has still turned it over due to Hawkins tackle. Murphy played a blinder btw, having a stellar year,

On the back foot? They were 9 points up and had kicked the last 6 when Selwood got a free and then a 60 metre penalty when he should have been pinged for incorrect disposal. That kickstarted the rot. There were a few more howlers in the the last quarter but I'm sick of talking about them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the back foot? They were 9 points up and had kicked the last 6 when Selwood got a free and then a 60 metre penalty when he should have been pinged for incorrect disposal. That kickstarted the rot. There were a few more howlers in the the last quarter but I'm sick of talking about them

Wasting your time arguing with cats fans. They not up to it intellectually.

Yep but the way I look at it, just feel lucky to have them-really great to watch them go about it. Of course we are nothing like as good a side without them. But do you think they play so well in isolation-or does Duncan's 18 tackles and Selwood juniors 17 contribute to our superstars getting the tiny bit of space they need? Those two players would make anyone's side way better-if you put them into the doggie's team I'd put my house on them now to go back to back! Instead, who knows how they will go.
Can't say I am that getting excited about what the 2 cat supporters in Perth think.;)

Your ladder position this time last year was 5th, you ended up 7th.

So you didn't have a big back half, or at least not compared to the competition.

If you're happy to try win a premiership from outside the top 4 again that's fine, but that's a very low % play.

We are joint 5th separated only by goal difference. Hardly a massive difference and we have played a lot of our away games (GWS, Eagles, Freo)

Look at what we have coming from here...

Geelong are a couple of injuries away from being another Hawthorn.

A lot of average footballers on their list.
those average blokes were average enough to get your lot. Where does that leave you?

Go Catters

bitcoin-gone.jpg
BotsMaster look at this fool go early.... but he doesn't hate us he says :)

I'm starting to think #freekickbulldogs is quite accurate.

Lose the Contested possession count
lose the tackle count
Win the free kick count.
Feel like the umpires robbed them.

It seems expectations are simply on another level with a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back