Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Woodcock played it up and should be embarrassed watching that vision, but the free was clearly there. Obvious head high contact. Woodcock putting a bit of mayo (or a whole jar of mayo) on it doesn't make the free kick incorrect.
Stack grabbed his GPS pocket. If there was high contact it was when he threw his head back into Stack's arm.

Not a great look for a second game player but he'll probably get pulled up on it. Not one of the worst I've ever seen though.

Still, I'd rather one of our guys do that than push guys dangerously into marking contests (free kick Riewoldt LOL) or wack guys in the nuts for no good reason. Those sorts of dog acts need to be stamped out.

We got one suspect free kick, your team could have caused serious harm.
Please jack went to stop the player not intentionally hit him in the balls. If the whole Chol incident hadn’t been brought up this week that action would not have been highlighted. As for the port staging, if that was Grimes it would have been a lead story however as it’s some Port 2 gamer it doesn’t make a mention. Lots of double standards.

Please jack went to stop the player not intentionally hit him in the balls. If the whole Chol incident hadn’t been brought up this week that action would not have been highlighted. As for the port staging, if that was Grimes it would have been a lead story however as it’s some Port 2 gamer it doesn’t make a mention. Lots of double standards.

I couldn't care less about the Chol stuff. Jack intentionally hit Jonas and he knows where balls are situated on the male body. You don't try and stop players by striking them in the groin full stop.

I couldn't care less about the Chol stuff. Jack intentionally hit Jonas and he knows where balls are situated on the male body. You don't try and stop players by striking them in the groin full stop.
Well if he intentionally did it he should be suspended yes? Let’s see what comes of this shall we?

After its all said and done, I still ******* love Richmond. So far they have given me:
1) 2014 elimination final
2) Jay Schulz
3) 2017 GF
4) Taking Troy Chaplin off our hands
5) Their supporters rubbing everyone's face in s**t after winning two GFs, which was honestly fantastic

God bless you campaigners

After its all said and done, I still ******* love Richmond. So far they have given me:
2) Jay Schulz
3) 2017 GF
5) Their supporters rubbing everyone's face in sh*t after winning two GFs, which was honestly fantastic

Yeh and they have won more AFL premierships than your team has in the last 30 years and achieved that in 3 years.

How is it that a full time AFL doesn't know the rules? The play from Josh Caddy would have to be the dumbest play of anyone this season. It's also a reflection on the coaches to not instruct their players on the rules.

I know lockdown is doing everyone's heads in but why can't we just celebrate what was a cracking game of footy in a season full of ordinary ones without worrying about whose outs were greater, whose kids are better, who got soft frees blah blah blah. May all the games left in the season be as good to watch as this one was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2) Jay Schulz
3) 2017 GF
5) Their supporters rubbing everyone's face in sh*t after winning two GFs, which was honestly fantastic

Matt White was pretty handy aswell.

2) Jay Schulz
3) 2017 GF

Schulzy, what a champion!

Ohhh those are strong words, I’ll be sure to come back and remind you of them when the real stuff matters. Enjoy your August premiership.
Am I happy with how Port have gone this year so far? Hell yeah I am very happy!! It has been quite a few seasons since we have looked this good. I am under no illusion that premierships are won at this time of year, but a good ladder position at end of home and away will give any team the best chance of premiership glory. I do however believe that port is well placed to give it a fair crack. I wouldn’t dare write off Richmond but with the hubs and no 7 games in a row at the MCG leading into finals it ain’t going to be as easy as last year.

Am I happy with how Port have gone this year so far? Hell yeah I am very happy!! It has been quite a few seasons since we have looked this good. I am under no illusion that premierships are won at this time of year, but a good ladder position at end of home and away will give any team the best chance of premiership glory. I do however believe that port is well placed to give it a fair crack. I wouldn’t dare write off Richmond but with the hubs and no 7 games in a row at the MCG leading into finals it ain’t going to be as easy as last year.
Yep, you're being a realist, I agree. But don't think that playing up north is bad for the Tigers Mate, check out our recent history up there. Not saying it's going to be as good as playing at the G, but it's more than decent. Doesn't mean we will salute by any means, but a run of games up there is gonna happen for us, just like last years run home.

I know lockdown is doing everyone's heads in but why can't we just celebrate what was a cracking game of footy in a season full of ordinary ones without worrying about whose outs were greater, whose kids are better, who got soft frees blah blah blah. May all the games left in the season be as good to watch as this one was.
It was a great game. The next one between the two will be interesting.

I’d be very confident if we played that way next time against Richmond we’d win comfortably even with their absolute best side in.

Outside of the poor kicking on goals that was the best 4 quarters a team has put together this season.

Taking away the poor umpiring or the 3 goals Richmond got directly from poor umpiring, the rest of the goals they got were out the back or flukey sort of bounces (not that we didn’t kick 2 flukey goals too, but missed probably 7-8 shots we should’ve made).

We destroyed them in every aspect of the game. Only poor kicking and some really dubious umpiring kept them within 8 goals.

Put in the absolute best 22 and I doubt it makes up the difference yesterday unless we kick that poorly in front of goals again and then maybe Richmond have a chance.

Cotchin has had what 2 or 3 good games in the last 2 years and is 30 now..

Edwards would be a nice addition but has had 1 good game this season and is nearly 32 (which I’m sure most people didn’t realise). In for Stack I assume who wasnt your worst anyway..

Prestia would help with the possessions and clearances but butchers the ball. He would help negate the pure domination we had though. Comes in for Ross who was one of your better players or Pickett?

Nank makes no difference. Chol played his best game of the season and Soldo won the actual ruck contest so would’ve had little to no effect on the contest.

Astbury would be an upgrade on Balta but Balta didn’t actually play that bad and Georgiades didn’t do a whole lot anyway so just negates a player who didn’t have much of an impact anyway.

Houli would be a huge upgrade on Eggmolesse-smith and help with run off the back flank.

We would make the following changes:

Burton or Mayes in for Lienert. Massive upgrade. Lienert was arguably our worst player and directly resulted in 2 Richmond goals to Chol. Those 2 in the games they’ve played this season have been brilliant mostly too.

Rozee in for Sutcliffe. Clearly a massive upgrade. Sutcliffe was our 2nd worst player and should not be playing.

Motlop or Ebert in for Farrell. Farrell was quiet and Motlop could either give that same lack of impact or be a match winner wth his X factor. Ebert could be brought in instead as an upgrade who is much more consistent.

The only way with those changes Richmond would be any chance if we came with that same level of play is if we missed 7 shots on slight angles from within 30 metres again.

They aren’t going to be the difference between the following:

+80 disposals
+43 contested possessions
+5 contested marks
+7 marks inside 50
+18 clearances
+11 shots on goal
+31 inside 50’s

It isn’t 6 x Gary Ablett Junior being added for local league players that could make up that much difference. Then factor in our poor shot kicking, the umpiring and changes we’d have avaliable and there’s no argument to be made.

I’d be very confident if we played that way next time against Richmond we’d win comfortably even with their absolute best side in.

Outside of the poor kicking on goals that was the best 4 quarters a team has put together this season.

Taking away the poor umpiring or the 3 goals Richmond got directly from poor umpiring, the rest of the goals they got were out the back or flukey sort of bounces (not that we didn’t kick 2 flukey goals too, but missed probably 7-8 shots we should’ve made).

We destroyed them in every aspect of the game. Only poor kicking and some really dubious umpiring kept them within 8 goals.

Put in the absolute best 22 and I doubt it makes up the difference yesterday unless we kick that poorly in front of goals again and then maybe Richmond have a chance.

Cotchin has had what 2 or 3 good games in the last 2 years and is 30 now..

Edwards would be a nice addition but has had 1 good game this season and is nearly 32 (which I’m sure most people didn’t realise). In for Stack I assume who wasnt your worst anyway..

Prestia would help with the possessions and clearances but butchers the ball. He would help negate the pure domination we had though. Comes in for Ross who was one of your better players or Pickett?

Nank makes no difference. Chol played his best game of the season and Soldo won the actual ruck contest so would’ve had little to no effect on the contest.

Astbury would be an upgrade on Balta but Balta didn’t actually play that bad and Georgiades didn’t do a whole lot anyway so just negates a player who didn’t have much of an impact anyway.

Houli would be a huge upgrade on Eggmolesse-smith and help with run off the back flank.

We would make the following changes:

Burton or Mayes in for Lienert. Massive upgrade. Lienert was arguably our worst player and directly resulted in 2 Richmond goals to Chol. Those 2 in the games they’ve played this season have been brilliant mostly too.

Rozee in for Sutcliffe. Clearly a massive upgrade. Sutcliffe was our 2nd worst player and should not be playing.

Motlop or Ebert in for Farrell. Farrell was quiet and Motlop could either give that same lack of impact or be a match winner wth his X factor. Ebert could be brought in instead as an upgrade who is much more consistent.

The only way with those changes Richmond would be any chance if we came with that same level of play is if we missed 7 shots on slight angles from within 30 metres again.

They aren’t going to be the difference between the following:

+80 disposals
+43 contested possessions
+5 contested marks
+7 marks inside 50
+18 clearances
+11 shots on goal
+31 inside 50’s

It isn’t 6 x Gary Ablett Junior being added for local league players that could make up that much difference. Then factor in our poor shot kicking, the umpiring and changes we’d have avaliable and there’s no argument to be made.
You don’t get more delusional than this post.

Matt White was pretty handy aswell.

Yeah, its been a pretty good relationship to be honest. Dimma (I'm claiming him as a Port player) has been a key cog in reawakening Richmond as the powerhouse of the competition they are.

Anyway, I love talking s**t on BF and I've dribbled a *load but onya Tigs, champion team

Wow what a zinger! Not the least bit simple champ, just highlighting your 12 year old delight at “destroying” other posters commenting on this open forum. Carry on the good work. :rolleyes:
No, you’re definitely simple. Also your obsession with the vernacular of 12 year olds is a little disturbing. Mods? Can we get this weirdo banned?

Back