Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you should consider self-deleting zero content, blanket abusive posts like this. Ruins the site for people who want to talk footy, irrespective of who they support. You may be retaliating but you are just adding to the problem.

Moving on.

Weirdly Charlie Dixon appeared in my dreams last night! I can't really remember it but he definitely made an appearance.
I wonder if poor Noah Balta slept well? :D:p

I think you should look at your supporter based before asking anything of me. Whinging about the umpires on Bigfooty, Whinging about them on Reddit, Coming on to our board and asking why 2nd gamer 19 year old Boyd Woodcock is a diver. It would be petty from a team like a Carlton who had nothing to hang onto, but to have a supporter based that has won 2 out of the 3 flags, that still reckons its the presumptive favorite this year, to throw your toys out the cot over a loss the way you did is pretty ******* embarrassing. Absolutely smashed in every meaningful statistic, and all you have got is we're a bunch of divers and the umps handed the game to us, while your players are scragging at every contest. So no, I won't moderate myself. If you need a safe space where a good percentage of your supporters aren't total utensils, then stay on your own board.

I think you should look at your supporter based before asking anything of me. Whinging about the umpires on Bigfooty, Whinging about them on Reddit, Coming on to our board and asking why 2nd gamer 19 year old Boyd Woodcock is a diver. It would be petty from a team like a Carlton who had nothing to hang onto, but to have a supporter based that has won 2 out of the 3 flags, that still reckons its the presumptive favorite this year, to throw your toys out the cot over a loss the way you did is pretty ******* embarrassing. Absolutely smashed in every meaningful statistic, and all you have got is we're a bunch of divers and the umps handed the game to us, while your players are scragging at every contest. So no, I won't moderate myself. If you need a safe space where a good percentage of your supporters aren't total utensils, then stay on your own board.
haha I'll take that, 'some % aren't utensils' is at least showing some discrimination.
anyway don't let them get to you

Balta is a 21 year old kid who was out of his depth against Dixon, Astbury provides a much better contest there. Nankervis is a bull who provides much more around the ground than the still green chol and Soldo.

Nankervis in for Chol would have made you worse given Chols game. He showed a lot.

Nankervis in for Chol would have made you worse given Chols game. He showed a lot.
Yep Chol played well however we were smashed in the centre due to ports bigger bodies in there. At one point we had Bolton, Stack and Ross in there with Chol. That’s not only very inexperienced but also very slight, getting Nank, Cotchin and Prestia helps even it up straight away. Anyway the game is done, port won and we lick our wounds and hopefully get a rematch come finals.

You might want to tell Dimma. He wants Richmond to be more disciplined and stop being really poor at giving away free kicks.
Clearly he's not going to come out and give the umpires a bake - would cost him $$. The Caddy one was extremely undisciplined (as I stated). I'd challenge someone to go through the free kicks I outlined and tell me if they disagreed with any of my analysis.

Umpiring didn't cost us the match - Port's midfield was far too strong all day. However I take umbrage at people (and commentators) claiming that we got a great run of umpiring, because as I outlined, it's just not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which of my points do you disagree with? Cause your comment adds nothing.

Points 1,3,4,5, and 8 are wrong without having to revisit the video again - I’ve watched several times. I’d have to watch again for the other points but you’ve shown your form with those points so no need to waste any more time -,you will continue to make excuses.

Given your liberal interpretation of the rules, what were your thought on the non Riewoldt and grimes holding the balls and the dusty in the back (I think you conceded that one)

You're not wrong. I'd be insisting on the recommended social distancing if I was him.!!!!
Hardwick looked like he was about to burst through the window. Mind you, if he did he would have been surrounded by Port supporters so probably best he stayed in the coach's box.
Yeah as deep as my distain for Richmond may run, dimma holds a special place in mine and many pafc hearts.

Yeah as deep as my distain for Richmond may run, dimma holds a special place in mine and many pafc hearts.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

Points 1,3,4,5, and 8 are wrong without having to revisit the video again - I’ve watched several times. I’d have to watch again for the other points but you’ve shown your form with those points so no need to waste any more time -,you will continue to make excuses.

Given your liberal interpretation of the rules, what were your thought on the non Riewoldt and grimes holding the balls and the dusty in the back (I think you conceded that one)
1. Go watch the contest prior to the Ladhams marks. Lynch got blocked off the ball running to the contest. Umps have been paying it all year yet didn't for some reason.

3. TBH, ruck infringements are always a bit of a lottery. Even if the free was technically there, the contact was minimal and a massive guy in Dixon sprawling to the ground isn't a good look.

4. I don't know how you can argue against the Stack one. High contact into his head/over shoulders in a marking contest. Plain as day free kick.

5. Considering that they'd barely paid any HTB all day, it was odd pinging a bloke who had no prior and tried to dispose of it. The inconsistencies of this rule are mind-boggling (thanks Steve Hocking!!). Again if they are going to ping Dusty there, they should have paid about 20 others throughout the match. It was just extremely weird that they decided to pull one out right then.

8. I'm not budging on the Gray one. The second angle they showed on the replay proves that Ross wasn't into his back.

I've already given the Dusty in the back (although it was evened out by free kick not paid just prior to Ladham's goal), I just saw vision of the Riewoldt HTB and yeah that should have been a Port free no question. I genuinely don't remember the Grimes one.

There's also very likely some other ones I've forgotten about as this was just from memory and then re-watching the specific incidents to make sure.

1. Go watch the contest prior to the Ladhams marks. Lynch got blocked off the ball running to the contest. Umps have been paying it all year yet didn't for some reason.

3. TBH, ruck infringements are always a bit of a lottery. Even if the free was technically there, the contact was minimal and a massive guy in Dixon sprawling to the ground isn't a good look.

4. I don't know how you can argue against the Stack one. High contact into his head/over shoulders in a marking contest. Plain as day free kick.

5. Considering that they'd barely paid any HTB all day, it was odd pinging a bloke who had no prior and tried to dispose of it. The inconsistencies of this rule are mind-boggling (thanks Steve Hocking!!). Again if they are going to ping Dusty there, they should have paid about 20 others throughout the match. It was just extremely weird that they decided to pull one out right then.

8. I'm not budging on the Gray one. The second angle they showed on the replay proves that Ross wasn't into his back.

I've already given the Dusty in the back (although it was evened out by free kick not paid just prior to Ladham's goal), I just saw vision of the Riewoldt HTB and yeah that should have been a Port free no question. I genuinely don't remember the Grimes one.

There's also very likely some other ones I've forgotten about as this was just from memory and then re-watching the specific incidents to make sure.
Its still eating you up isn't it lol

No, Lynches opponent (Clurey) got blocked by unmanned Richmond player that ran 20 metres back and away from the drop zone to try and give Lynch a clear run at third man up, Clurey got around him and then both him and Lynch bumped on their way to the contest.

Choll slightly back and to the side of Dixon, two hands indo Dixons ribcage and pushing rather than contesting the ball thats a free all day every day. If you dont contest the ball and push your opponent under it, you're toast.

Thats incidental contact - Houston just brushes Stack as he goes for the mark, if he hadn't juggled it he gets paid the mark ... if you start paying that sort of thin there would be 80 free kicks a game. To be honest its a prett average effort from Stack.

Tries to break two tacks, gets caught and drops the ball.

As the commentators said, if you want to demonstrate push in the back, thats it. If you cant see that, I cant help you.

No doubt there are some ticky touchwood ones.... but I'm sure I could find an equal number the other way as there are grey areas.

I really dont see the point of going down the line, I used to think about it the same way as you.... but being at the game (and having watched it back on replay a few times) .. the game was played in our forward half, every key indicator was significantly our way, the frees werent an issue. I'd also add, we kicked 2 goals out of our arses, but that is balanced by the fact we probably missed 5 set shot sitters plus the Robbie run into open goal as the siren sounded.
Richamond are a great side and had soem good players out, we also had players out and played at home... but onbalance, the game played on the weekend, Port were clearly the better side and should have won by more.

There were 3 dives in the first qtr by Port including this one and they all got paid. The other two were to Dixon contesting a throw in 15m out from goal. Guy falls over like a bad actor doing a death scene and Rockcliffe was the other.
The Rockliff "dive" for an off the ball hit from Riewoldt has seen Riewoldt fined for his off the ball hit because it was that much of a cheating, cowardly move.

And the Dixon one was a clear free kick of an opposition ruckman pushing his opponent in the back to prevent him from contesting the throw. He's not even looking towards the ball when he did it.

The Rockliff "dive" for an off the ball hit from Riewoldt has seen Riewoldt fined for his off the ball hit because it was that much of a cheating, cowardly move.

And the Dixon one was a clear free kick of an opposition ruckman pushing his opponent in the back to prevent him from contesting the throw. He's not even looking towards the ball when he did it.

Heeey it's Duckimus!! Funny name given the context. Very Port like, good choice brother. Which Port player was the inspiration for the name?

Enjoy your day without the restrictions, hopefully we can get back to that some time this year.

Curious, do you guys still play INXS before matches or has that gone?

Yeah do it, count it at seasons end. Your lot now live at home permanently...and hopefully permanently (please don't let the virus into your state)... Most of the rest of the league will live for longer than Port and WCE in a different state playing home games on other turf and that will not change. Would you rather play the start of the season at home or the business end at home?

The H&A season is just jockeying for position in the top 8. It eliminates the teams that can't make it and sets aside the ones that have a chance. Finals is what it's about, H&A is just a bit of musical chairs. I'd want to be living at home and have my home ground in finals. Won't happen, can't happen.
The first para is a bleat.
Totally agree with the second para though.

The first para is a bleat.
Totally agree with the second para though.
Thankyou Dr Adengo. I would like to clarify that I am a musical sheep to be fair. I carry about me a harpsichord and a ghetto blaster. I play loops and drop drops with finesse. You?

Heeey it's Duckimus!! Funny name given the context. Very Port like, good choice brother. Which Port player was the inspiration for the name?

Curious, do you guys still play INXS before matches or has that gone?
Actually it has nothing to do with football.

No one at Port though has come close to the antics of Tigers players Dylan Grimes and Anthony Miles, who were making Joel Selwood look like a fine, upstanding citizen with incredibly strong knees.

I know we used to have Jake Neade jumping up in the air in order to draw high contact.

Back