Preview AFL 2020 Round 14 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 30th 3:35 pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly if Collingwood win this the Pies and Blues head to head record will be tied at 127 wins each with 4 draws. The Blues lead 127 to 126 over a 120 plus year rivalry. Even the modern error shows how tight it is with the Blues leading 41-40. The Blues obviously lead in the Grand Final stakes but this is the truest of rivalries over the longest times. Incredible. Arch enemies but such respect.

Incredibly if Collingwood win this the Pies and Blues head to head record will be tied at 127 wins each with 4 draws. The Blues lead 127 to 126 over a 120 plus year rivalry. Even the modern error shows how tight it is with the Blues leading 41-40. The Blues obviously lead in the Grand Final stakes but this is the truest of rivalries over the longest times. Incredible. Arch enemies but such respect.

Amazing to think the clubs got along really well in the beginning

Think it's curtains for the loser.

Blues in better form but If Collingwood are serious they should be able to lift for this.

FESTIVAL OF RED NOW IN EFFECT: READ THE MAINBOARD RULES THREAD

Last edited:
Watch for a very different Polson & Dow. Many won’t realise the changes and improvement. Don’t expect miracles in one game but the improvement will be obvious. Great to see the results of some much improved development.
I’m very confident both will become very very good players for the Blues for many years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch for a very different Polson & Dow. Many won’t realise the changes and improvement. Don’t expect miracles in one game but the improvement will be obvious. Great to see the results of some much improved development.
I’m very confident both will become very very good players for the Blues for many years

Cannot wait to see Polson and hope he proves all the doubters wrong.

He will as will Dow. Give them a bit of time. Both have grown so much in the last 12 months. So important they play in the right roles. Dow mid/wing and Polson off HB

I just loved the reports on Polson regarding his application and effort to improve.

Won't die wondering if he is AFL standard. I think he is :)

He's always worked hard but was NEVER a forward. Hurt him. Now playing right position and new development program working wonders

The good Old he is short play him FP Carlton strategy.

I remember even as a forward his pressure acts were always great.

I was excited by this game but even more so now. The Ins are exciting and give us something we have been missing which is genuine leg speed and taking the game on. Dow will also help around the contest which we have struggled

Curnow will tag and Cripps Walsh Dow Setterfield can go to work

Sidebottom a massive loss.

Blues by 25 points

Not really sold on Dow. He is in his what third year and doesn't appear to be showing much

Not really sold on Dow. He is in his what third year and doesn't appear to be showing much
He was played out of position by Bolton. Whereas Teague has had him play on ball in the reserves and use his strengths. Which is key speed and separation from the contest. Have you also heard of second year blues? In his third year (we he hasn’t played a game in yet) you’re saying he’s not showing much. Are you aware for a period of time in his first year alongside Curnow and Cripps the three of them was the best centre trio in the AFL statistically. Make sure you pay close attention today.

Back