Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Crows v Tigers Sat September 19th 5:10pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be surprised to see Adelaide give them a run for a while.

But given top 4 is on the line, I expect Richmond to wake up when it matters.

Another thread where eagles fans wanting Richmond to lose ...............

Not sure if its fear or Salt

Or Both
Of course we want you to lose, it gives us a top four spot. Just footy politics Mate. We luv you.......really.:hearteyes:

Of course we want you to lose, it gives us a top four spot. Just footy politics Mate. We luv you.......really.:hearteyes:

It also means you lose your only chance for a home final.

I think the larger point is that you lot are here before and during every game, desperately cheering on whoever is playing Richmond.

Richmond will come out firing. Their pressure will be huge as motivation for this game is at an all time high but for various reasons.

1) The players will want to retain their spots in the team as we move into finals.
2) Mature players are returning and will be eager to play themselves into form.
3) This could be a test run for our first final - if we have to play Port in the Qualifying Final, then getting used to winning on the Adelaide Oval is crucial
4) Finally, this game has too many ramifications for our success this year.

Richmond - 36 points

A classic "I have no idea about the opposition and everything is about my team" post.
Richmond will win but you clearly have no idea how good our midfield has actually been of late.

Some may laugh at this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the crows win this. In their current form, I reckon they could give any side a run for their money. They took it right up to Geelong about a month ago, and if they do the same here, they're every chance of winning. They will be desperate to avoid the spoon, and have nothing to lose. The players are now confident in themselves and the gameplan, and Richmond could very well go into this underestimating their opposition, thinking it's going to be an easy win. Of course, Richmond winning easily is probably more likely, but Adelaide are not without a chance if they bring their best (and if Richmond are off enough).

Some may laugh at this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the crows win this. In their current form, I reckon they could give any side a run for their money. They took it right up to Geelong about a month ago, and if they do the same here, they're every chance of winning. The players are now confident in themselves and the gameplan, and Richmond could very well go into this underestimating their opposition, thinking it's going to be an easy win. Of course, Richmond winning easily is probably more likely, but Adelaide are not without a chance if they bring their best (and if Richmond are off enough).
You should put a lazy $50 on that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but that is because we don't like you.

Wish we could say the same, but you lot don't get above mildly annoying for us. Somewhere in the middle of the queue perhaps.

I'm fully expecting a fired up Adelaide outfit for this game who will treat this game like the Grand Final they lost all those years a go. Their pressure game has been much better over the past few weeks and their young kids are playing with a frenetic freedom that is hard to defend against. I'm predicting that they start the game off well but then our four quarter pressure, will force them into turnovers and destroy the young kids confidence. After that it will be a rudimentary win.

I think Adelaide are going to bring the heat. Don't think they'll be able to sustain the intensity and pressure for 4 quarters, but pretty keen for them to not to start strong and build confidence and head into quarter time with more than a 2 goal lead.

We’re not good at Adelaide Oval when playing Adelaide (we haven’t come within 30 points against them since our only win in 2014). I expect Adelaide to put in a strong performance today as they have something to play for. If I am going to be honest though, Richmond are extremely hard to beat when they are desperate or something important is on the line.

If I know this club well enough, then I think that Richmond will win and will win comfortably enough for us not to be at the edge of our seats with 1 minute left. I’m expecting a game like the one we had against Fremantle where Fremantle had Richmond on the ropes at various stages (especially in the midfield) and were close at 3 quarter time, but ended up blowing the margin out towards the middle-end of the 4th quarter.

If it was just a normal game a month ago I would have tipped Richmond without much thought, but I reckon the significance of the win to this season has got me pretty nervous and as the last game of the year for the Crows theyd love to go out with a bang having really hit our season. I reckon thered be a few players there still who internally would be happy to make a big dent on our season. Not only that, but they've found some real form and confidence recently.

In effect, our 'double chance' starts here.

Lose this, and we need to win the rest.
Win this, and we can afford to lose next week.
Win both and we get an extra week off before the prelim.
Lose both and no doubt there will be plenty to tell us what that means.

Back