Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 8 - North v Saints Sun May 7th 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A top half side should be able to field just 8 players, with those on crutches and in straitjackets and beat us comfortably.
I think you’ve got to give credit where credit’s due, you guys might have been very poor last week, but you had a massive crack from minute 1 until the final siren today, and you were much more like the side that won your first two games, including beating Freo in Perth.

And if we’d kicked that goal after the siren instead of the point, we would have doubled your score, and from where I’m from doubling an opponent’s score is a comfortable win.

We desperately need more height in the front half though. Was too easy for Aliir and co last week and McKay this week to chop off our high entries, with no-one above 193cm up there for us.

North's three best players tonight were Ziebell, Shiels and Goldstein which is a worry for them as they are all coming towards the end of their careers.

Sheezel looks like being a gun but apart from him I think our youngsters in Owens, Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Byrnes and Sharman all looked better.

North's three best players tonight were Ziebell, Shiels and Goldstein which is a worry for them as they are all coming towards the end of their careers.

Sheezel looks like being a gun but apart from him I think our youngsters in Owens, Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Byrnes and Sharman all looked better.
Yeah just having a look through their team from yesterday the only one under 24yo this year that jumps out at you when looking through it is Sheezel. It’s a bit of a worry.

Yeah just having a look through their team from yesterday the only one under 24yo this year that jumps out at you when looking through it is Sheezel. It’s a bit of a worry.
I dont think its a bit of a worry... yet.

I dont rate Tom Powell as he is from Sturt in the SANFL.

Back