Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 9 - Hawks v Saints Sat May 11th 1:45 pm AEST (UOTS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Hawks by a lot

• Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Way to miss the point.

Your point was poorly made, as well as just plain wrong. Bruest very close to retirement, so having three very good young small forward options - all of which might be potential future midfield additions - doesn't seem very dumb to me. Your post on the other hand that overstated our trade costs....

Moore and Newcombe BOG by a country mile at this point.

Newcombe has 17 (10 contested) at 82% with 4 clearances.
Moore 8 touches (6 contested) 2 goals and pressure been immense.

Moore and Newcombe BOG by a country mile at this point.

Newcombe has 17 (10 contested) at 82% with 4 clearances.
Moore 8 touches (6 contested) 2 goals and pressure been immense.
And big bad Lloyd Meek giving Marshall an aboslute bath

8 touches, 1 goal, 3 marks, 3 tackles and 21 hitouts.

Your point was poorly made, as well as just plain wrong. Bruest very close to retirement, so having three very good young small forward options - all of which might be potential future midfield additions - doesn't seem very dumb to me. Your post on the other hand that overstated our trade costs....

OK, moving on.

A ten point HT lead seems not great value for effort for the Hawks.

Depending on wind direction that can be literally impossible.

Though youd hope he would pass if that were the case.
On an angle on his non-preferred. But I remember when he used to still dob those in on his way to 40+ goals for the year. He still looks better than last year, though; think the calls on him being cooked are overblown (though he’s definitely in his twilight).

No disrespect to the Hawks but they’re the sort of young developing side the Saints should be beating by 6+ goals. Got a few injuries to key personnel as well.

Despite all that the Hawks have comfortably looked the better team so far. Speaks volumes about how poor the Saints have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can really see this year why the Hawks wanted Weddle so much. Developing rapidly.
Playing as a Justin Leppitsch like CHB. If he becomes close to that we have done very well. Then there always the prospect of moving up the ground

And big bad Lloyd Meek giving Marshall an aboslute bath

8 touches, 1 goal, 3 marks, 3 tackles and 21 hitouts.
Not really as Marshall has 14 disposals, 4 tackles and 17 hitouts

I have Meek just edging it but it certainly isn't a bath

HTA would be interesting, felt like Marshalls hitouts have been doing nothing whilst Meek has given us first use, and just looks like a generally bigger threat aerially and around the ball.

OK, moving on.

A ten point HT lead seems not great value for effort for the Hawks.

Given we are close to even or behind in most stats, I'm just happy to be in front at this point. Not giving up a massive early lead has been a nice change, but we've struggled to prevent teams getting a string of unanswered scores across an entire game, so we'll see how the second half goes in that regard. Saints playing like a fellow bottom 5 team, so holding on for a win not beyond us.

Meeks just competing really well. That's what we want from him.

Back