Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Eagles v Tigers Sun April 14th 4:00pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE-vs-Richmond.png

18th v 14th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 5

WEST COAST V RICHMOND
SUNDAY APRIL 14TH 4:00PM AEST (OPTUS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

EAGLES

B: T. Cole, T. Barrass, J. Rotham
HB: B. Hough, J. McGovern, L. Duggan - C
C: J. Hunt, T. Kelly, R. Ginbey
HF: J. Cripps, J. Waterman, N. Long
F: J. Williams, J. Darling, J. Petruccelle
FOLL: B. Williams, E. Yeo, H. Reid

I/C (FROM): A. Gaff, T. Brockman, L. Edwards, C. Chesser, A. Witherden, C. Jamieson, R. Maric

IN: A. Gaff, T. Brockman, A. Witherden
OUT: Nil

TIGERS

B: T. Young, N. Broad, N. Vlastuin
HB: J. Short, T. Brown, D. Rioli
C: K. McIntosh, T. Taranto, M. Pickett
HF: S. Campbell, R. Mansell, M. Rioli
F: J. Koschitzke, S. Bolton, D. Martin
FOLL: T. Nankervis - C, L. Baker, T. Dow

I/C (FROM): T. Sonsie, J. Graham, M. Lefau, S. Naismith, K. McAuliffe, H. Ralphsmith, S. Banks

IN: L. Baker, S. Naismith, H. Ralphsmith, S. Banks
OUT: J. Ross (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Michaels - reserved for podcast

Thanks for the reserved post!

For anyone keen below is the link to our Live weekly show from Monday night.

Full disclosure, it is a Richmond based Pod so if our knowledge or views of oppo teams isn't A+++ thats why, but we do try to be as balanced as possible.

If you want to skip to the Preview part that is at 36:23 min mark.

Current episode:
S08 - Round 5 vs West Coast

Topics covered:
-Welcome to everyone
-Gather Round, did it work?
-Norwood ground shape
-Review of St Kilda Game
-Browns laser passing
-MRJ best game for the club
-Kozzy selection, did it pay off?
-Preview vs West Coast (36:23 min mark)

Last edited:

Probably the Eagles best chance of a win in a while, given we're lacking a few key pieces.

Sometimes when a team without a win in a while can smell blood, they lift especially at home with the crowd behind them.

Actually think the Eagles will get up here, but it's a game both sides could easily win.

Should be a good game, they usually competitive battles the last couple between these sides with Richmond pulling away late.
I feel like this could be a game West Coast bookmarked at the start of the year as a winnable game.

Probably the Eagles best chance of a win in a while, given we're lacking a few key pieces.

Sometimes when a team without a win in a while can smell blood, they lift especially at home with the crowd behind them.

Actually think the Eagles will get up here, but it's a game both sides could easily win.
I wouldn't say Richmond are playing badly . It is a game of "Who is better on the day" and Richmond have certainly shown enough to win it.

I wouldn't say Richmond are playing badly . It is a game of "Who is better on the day" and Richmond have certainly shown enough to win it.
Yeh we've been competitive. Can't say we won't be in with a chance because we very well are, it's just that the Eagles will rightfully have marked this one in as "winnable" and for a team that's struggled in recent times, sometimes that's a big psychological boost, this is a really good chance to push for a win with reasonable expectation of pulling it off.

It's probably a 60/40 game one way or the other depending on the teams named. Also, I doubt it will be the prettiest game. Not low scoring necessarily but expect a lot of turnovers and botched chances.

I expect us to bring in a tall this week either Ryan or Naismith for Mykelti Lefau we looked too short against St Kilda and WCE have McGovern & Barass such a no brainer.

Still think we will have too much run & class for the Eagles in the end, I am probably a little bit more confident than the Tigercast boys.
Bolton will have another strong game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect us to bring in a tall this week either Ryan or Naismith for Mykelti Lefau we looked too short against St Kilda and WCE have McGovern & Barass such a no brainer.

Still think we will have too much run & class for the Eagles in the end, I am probably a little bit more confident than the Tigercast boys.
Bolton will have another strong game.
I keep hoping Bolton wants to come home… without much luck.

Harley Reid vs Kane McAuliffe.

Looking forward to seeing McAuliffe, Brown, Campbell, MRJ, Sonsie, Lefau, Miller, Young on the field and also Yze's 6th match as senior coach.

Is it my imagination or does Gov seem to run out of puff earlier in the game than usual. If he's asked to carry a big load this Sunday i can see him being managed the following week and that's not good to to see for a bloke on a million bucks.

Is it my imagination or does Gov seem to run out of puff earlier in the game than usual. If he's asked to carry a big load this Sunday i can see him being managed the following week and that's not good to to see for a bloke on a million bucks.
Gov looks fitter than he's ever been.

The reason he's out of puff is because the ball is down there every few minutes.
He won't need resting.

I keep hoping Bolton wants to come home… without much luck.
He bid on a property in Malvern at some point last year so was house-hunting, a residential family home so not likely an investment.

Apparantly Baker is the risk of potentially returning home end of year.

Richmond match up really well against the Eagles. I think West Coast have only had two h2h wins since Richmond's first flag year.

It should continue with a 5 goal win to the tiges.

Eagles are right up to their eyeballs in this match.

Ross injured, now Taranto sent to scans for wrist injury the morning a likely out.

Eagles are right up to their eyeballs in this match.

Ross injured, now Taranto sent to scans for wrist injury the morning a likely out.
Bigly loss.

Now watch us match it with an injury.

Nobody does injuries better than us, the best injuries, ask anyone, they’ll tell you.

Back