Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - Eagles v Tigers Sun April 14th 4:00pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive hope Eagles now, they were already in it and now they're probably the tip.
85% are going for Richmond in one footy tipping comp I'm in and the Eagles are $3 to Richmond's $1.50 in the other. So it would still be an upset if they won.

Ross and Taranto both needing surgery, the fun continues.

I don't even know who we'll bring in, we're gonna have pseudo flankers playing big midfield minutes.

Massive hope Eagles now, they were already in it and now they're probably the tip.
Welcome to the WC injury curse .

Welcome to the WC injury curse .
Yeh, every now and then you have a season where it's just like ahh heck this, and it basically kills any chance you have to play your best footy or achieve what you could have that year.

At least, we are being written off with injury in a season where we weren't going to really challenge anyway. We get to play more kids than we would have and probably get a better draft pick than we would have at full strength, so its short term pain for long term gain.

Imagine this happening in a season where your team was a genuine contender? Would be shattering.

I imagine it's a similar situation to last year or the year before, whichever was that year where Eagles could barely field a side, at least it happened in a season you weren't gonna contend anyway.

Yeh, every now and then you have a season where it's just like ahh * this, and it basically kills any chance you have to play your best footy or achieve what you could have that year.

At least, we are being written off with injury in a season where we weren't going to really challenge anyway. We get to play more kids than we would have and probably get a better draft pick than we would have at full strength, so its short term pain for long term gain.

Imagine this happening in a season where your team was a genuine contender? Would be shattering.

I imagine it's a similar situation to last year or the year before, whichever was that year where Eagles could barely field a side, at least it happened in a season you weren't gonna contend anyway.
I'm a coach blamer myself. I reckon over the pre season there was enough talent to be as good as any other team for this year. The Eagles worked on getting tougher - dur, every team does that but those other teams also work on how to get the ball to the other end of the ground speedily. Watch the Eagles on Sunday and it will be like stop. start. You don't win games like that.
The Eagles have a few top players out this year, just like about every other team.
I'm surprised anyone goes to watch the Eagles and I'm surprised the Board supports Simmo.
I'd like to see the Eagles surprise me this week by not kicking it back into the opposition goal square and turning it over, but that will happen and there's only one person to blame for that to continue week in week out.

I'm a coach blamer myself. I reckon over the pre season there was enough talent to be as good as any other team for this year. The Eagles worked on getting tougher - dur, every team does that but those other teams also work on how to get the ball to the other end of the ground speedily. Watch the Eagles on Sunday and it will be like stop. start. You don't win games like that.
The Eagles have a few top players out this year, just like about every other team.
I'm surprised anyone goes to watch the Eagles and I'm surprised the Board supports Simmo.
I'd like to see the Eagles surprise me this week by not kicking it back into the opposition goal square and turning it over, but that will happen and there's only one person to blame for that to continue week in week out.
Don't you go and watch your team when they're down?

Tiggers about to have the Bevo curse handed on to them (bullies never recovered from the shame of a WC beating) with the Weagles to hand out a historic beat down (by post 2021 standards).

WC by 28pts as the paddle pop lions yze away under the blowtorch of Simmo’s magnificents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the Richmond injuries:

Grimes isn't a loss. Gibcus hasn't been missed with Young and Miller doing the lockdown work.

One of Hopper and Prestia (not both) would be very useful. Losing Ross on top of that means they're a stoppage rotation short. But more time for Martin and Bolton in midfield is a good thing. Baker, Graham and Dow can all add to that.

Lynch and Taranto are the real big misses.

But Richmond rightly remain favourites. It's a danger game though, obviously.

Although unlikely, a side could lose to West Coast today. Of course there's a buzz.
I think it'll be a bit of an error riddled game, but both sides will have a crack. Typically either side by 20 or less scenario here.

I haven't watched the Eagles once this season so I'm also keen to get a look at Harley Reid.

Last edited:
I think it'll be a bit of an error riddled game, but both sides will have a crack. Typically either side by 20 or less scenario here.

I haven't watched the Eagles once this season so I'm also keen to get a look at Harley Reid.
Agree
Either by no more than 20
Reid has tude

Agree
Either by no more than 20
Reid has tude
What I'm not looking forward to is the commentators trying to hype a Dusty v Reid match up, given Dusty is barely the prime midfielder anymore and is years passed his best. He's also barely laid 10 tackles in his career, so he's not going to go into a H2H style match up.

What I'm not looking forward to is the commentators trying to hype a Dusty v Reid match up, given Dusty is barely the prime midfielder anymore and is years passed his best. He's also barely laid 10 tackles in his career, so he's not going to go into a H2H style match up.
I think they compare the attitude and fend off
Reid doesn't mind a tackle.

Is it s**t weather in Perth. I am in Karratha
Always 35 or hotter

For the Richmond injuries:

Grimes isn't a loss. Gibcus hasn't been missed with Young and Miller doing the lockdown work.

One of Hopper and Prestia (not both) would be very useful. Losing Ross on top of that means they're a stoppage rotation short. But more time for Martin and Bolton in midfield is a good thing. Baker, Graham and Dow can all add to that.

Lynch and Taranto are the real big misses.

But Richmond rightly remain favourites. It's a danger game though, obviously.
Is it really a danger game at this point though with our injuries?

I don’t think Richmond losing this game is an unexpected. Even West Coast players/coaches know that this is a winnable game for them. Richmond’s favourites, but it’s only, like, $1.44. Not like Geelong’s $1.03 against North Melbourne

Beautiful weather for footy today, 27 and sunny
Having said that, there was no rain forecast the other day, where I live had 10mm and there was flooding in some northern suburbs
So if there's an opportunity for young guys to show skills today's the day

Back