Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Blues v Giants Sat April 20th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-GWS.png

6th v 1st

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 6

CARLTON V GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
SATURDAY APRIL 20TH 4:35PM AEST (MARVEL STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

BLUES

B: L. Cowan, J. Weitering, B. Kemp
HB: Z. Williams, L. Young, N. Newman
C: O. Hollands, P. Cripps - C, B. Acres
HF: M. Cottrell, T. De Koning, E. Hollands
F: C. Curnow, H. McKay, M. Owies
FOLL: M. Pittonet, S. Walsh, G. Hewett

I/C: J. Boyd, J. Carroll, O. Fantasia, C. Durdin, M. Kennedy
EMG: J. Binns, A. Cincotta, H. O’Keeffe

IN: L. Cowan, L. Young
OUT: M. McGovern (Injured), A. Saad (Injured)

GIANTS

B: H. Perryman, H. Himmelberg, C. Idun
HB: L. Whitfield, J. Buckley, L. Ash
C: J. Wehr, J. Kelly, F. Callaghan
HF: B. Daniels, J. Riccardi, T. Bedford
F: T. Greene - C, J. Hogan, C. Brown
FOLL: K. Briggs, C. Ward, T. Green

I/C: X. O’Halloran, H. Thomas, L. Aleer, A. Cadman, J. Peatling
EMG: N. Haynes, R. Angwin, M. Gruzewski

IN: C. Ward, L. Aleer
OUT: S. Taylor (Injured), S. Coniglio (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Matt Kennedy – 100 AFL game milestone

Matt Kennedy will run out in his 100th AFL match when Carlton takes on GWS today. Arriving at the Blues in 2017 through the Trade Period, after playing 19 games for the Giants, Kennedy's natural overhead ability and repeated efforts to dispossess his opposition are defining traits of his game. A Blue until at least the end of 2025, Kennedy is a much-loved and well-respected member of the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what GWS' injury list is like, but no Doc, Cerra, Saad, Gov, Fog, Martin or Silvagni.
Marchbank, Cuningham and Motlop possibly available. Walsh only one game back for the year and Pitto also one game back and only playing 50%ToG last week.
Cincotta, a potential replacement for Saad, didn't play VFL.

Full strength it might have been a 50/50 game at best (I probably still would've had GWS faves), but with the above, I'd expect GWS to win by 3-4 goals min. All we can hope for is an upset.

We get within 3 goals i will be happy.

To many outs now to cover them all and the blokes that do come in will be raw as anything needing game time etc.

Early close wins have glossed over the fact that we are a bottom half of the 8 team with maybe a slight chance of sneaking into the Top 4 via percentage at best but that is not even that crash hot as we fail to ever put teams away.

Giants injured and don’t travel well
Don't think that should make too much difference. Giants are a hard running, fast and skillful side, which we can struggle with ala the Cows on the weekend, and opposition teams have worked out you can just put a couple extra numbers behind the ball and make us bomb wildly inside 50, so unless Harry or Curnow take a freak high mark, spill ball, repel and run like buggary the other way leaving our one paced midfield in their wake.

Would take a lot of gameplan changes by Voss and co to fix that this week and its even harder without Saad and Mclovin who are a couple of our pacier and skillful kicks out of defense.

Footy can be a funny game I guess but I think we'll struggle. Really would love to be surprised though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what GWS' injury list is like, but no Doc, Cerra, Saad, Gov, Fog, Martin or Silvagni.
Marchbank, Cuningham and Motlop possibly available. Walsh only one game back for the year and Pitto also one game back and only playing 50%ToG last week.
Cincotta, a potential replacement for Saad, didn't play VFL.

Full strength it might have been a 50/50 game at best (I probably still would've had GWS faves), but with the above, I'd expect GWS to win by 3-4 goals min. All we can hope for is an upset.
Carlton are favourites (just).

Walsh came in and was better than Cerra, and Carlton coped without Walsh okay. One primary midfielder absent is manageable.

Saad, Gov, Martin and Doc as a group is tricky to cover. But there's still Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Acres, Weitering, McKay and Curnow and some other capable players, and its at home.

GWS will have a hard time with their listed injuries from the last game as Taylor, Cogs, Kelly and Briggs. Niggles and/or absences, they won't be at full strength.

There's no underdog for this one.

Back