Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Saints v Dogs Thurs April 18th 7:30pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ross phenomenon is a cult of personality. All and sundry in the industry laud his coaching prowess and yet the proof to the contrary is plain to see for those who can look past the bleating syxophants.
Did Ross have control of the bounce of the ball in 2010 with a minute to go? Or Freo's inaccuracy in 2013? Could easily have been a 3 time premiership coach, was unlucky to not have won one. If so he'd be up there with Scott, Clarkson, Hardwick etc. Given where he took those teams his record speaks for itself. Not saying I was or am a fan of his coaching style, but the bloke can coach.

Free kicks 21 to 8 in favour of the Bulldogs, also a 5 day break and a lot of injuries.

We did well to keep the margin to 10 goals all things considered.

We will bounce back, write us off at your peril.
Are we sure this isn't a Scoops burner account?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, in 2 or 3 close games a year where the umpiring on 50/50s etc (plus a few howlers) was extremely one way, fair enough.

The weekly complaints for 100% of every game just make their opinions worthless.
Yep. He’s the reason for the ignore button. One trick pony, playing a scratched record at 110%

Did Ross have control of the bounce of the ball in 2010 with a minute to go? Or Freo's inaccuracy in 2013? Could easily have been a 3 time premiership coach, was unlucky to not have won one. If so he'd be up there with Scott, Clarkson, Hardwick etc. Given where he took those teams his record speaks for itself. Not saying I was or am a fan of his coaching style, but the bloke can coach.
Did you mean “could” coach?

You're looking at it like it's black & white, maybe calm down and you'll comprehend things a bit better?

I don't think anyone in here has claimed St Kilda have an elite list. I don't think Saints fans would even argue that.

Two things can be true. St Kilda can have a poor list, and Ross Lyon isn't the man to take them forward. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Well, I’m struggling trying to stay above the mountain of BS you and your provincial team buddy are piling up.

I’m quite amazed at how high your opinion is of your own opinion.

And in my belief, on this occasion, it IS one or the other…so suck it up….you can't be right all the time.

And as you’ve dragged this discussion to the lofty heights of ‘I’m right, You’re wrong’….I’m hitting the ignore button. Not sure I can stand reading anymore of your pompous, know it all, self-aggrandising.

Last edited:
Completely agree. Nice to see some FACTS supporting the discussion as well - be handy if the glove puppets on here tried that as a strategy.

A coach lives and dies by his team's performance. The beauty of footy is you either win, or you lose.

Ultimately in pro sport the win/loss metric is the only one that matters. That being the case, the oft echoed sentiment that “Ross can coach” is a baseless claim rooted in intangibles and hypothetical outcomes that is trumpeted ad nauseam by prominent lickspittles despite all actual evidence indicating to the contrary.

I must say that the umpiring had me baffled, but when only one team turns up to play......................................................

Ultimately in pro sport the win/loss metric is the only one that matters. That being the case, the oft echoed sentiment that “Ross can coach” is a baseless claim rooted in intangibles and hypothetical outcomes that is trumpeted ad nauseam by prominent lickspittles despite all actual evidence indicating to the contrary.
All evidence to the contrary? Clearly you’re in politics - all oratory and zero analysis.

All evidence to the contrary? Clearly you’re in politics - all oratory and zero analysis.
Ross has a 40% win/loss ratio in his last 5 seasons as a coach.
Ross has a 40% win/loss in finals as a coach.
Ross has never coached a team to a premiership.

Ross the genius coach is a myth.

Back