Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Cats v Blues Sat April 27th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton got enough junk time goals to deluxe themselves they got robbed somehow (even with the umpiring in their side).
They deserved the win no doubt.

Not sure why “bullshit game” you’re talking about.

We had 21 more inside 50’s - it’s a hard stat to ignore :).

This despite missing 11 of our best team - albeit two gone for the season.
Missing eleven! Haha please. Name them, can't wait to hear this list of superstars.

You're entitled to that opinion. I have no issue with that.
Personally I think that certain Freo posters frequenting and troll posting Carlton related threads 3 weeks after (and constantly in between) their loss to us, is WAY more cringe, but to each their own.
Must be tough out there getting bullied by Freo of all clubs lmao

Carlton got enough junk time goals to deluxe themselves they got robbed somehow (even with the umpiring in their side).

Missing eleven! Haha please. Name them, can't wait to hear this list of superstars.
They certainly have a few out, but 11 of the starting 22 is nonsense

You moved it from KP essentially to make more money.
so wrong... its like the degree of wrong cant be calculated.

But what can be calculated is that GFC needs 70k at G to make money and anything above that is theirs where as the make $ from dollar 1 at KP.

KP games net the club about ! million per game - no other venue comes close.

So your premise is just wrong... but so wildly wrong its staggering.

GO Catters

It was a bit of a pointless point then, as free kick counts literally mean jack s**t.
Anyone who uses a free kick count as an excuse or as a stat to prove a point is batting from behind the stumps.
All we are hearing from Carlton fans is that they won all the stats.. Now we are hearing that the stats are misleading and shouldn't be trusted.

I think the biggest reason that Carlton always feel hard done by is that they don't understand the rules. Go to a game live, their supporters call "Ball" for literally every tackle they lay. No other supporter base does this, it's quite strange.

Not sure about that.
There's still question marks on Blues (and rightly so) and apart from tonight, questions about the quality of the Cats opponents.
Not to say that neither of them aren't up there, but I still think GWS are one of the teams to beat and Dees and Swans are still dangerous.
I agree 100%. We haven't beaten any of the teams above us on the ladder and until we do we can't be taken seriously.

Cats too good yesterday. Used the ball so much better than Carlton.
Looking forward to testing ourselves again in late June.
Hopefully able to replace some of the 2nd tier players that played yesterday with 1st choice players we’d hope to take into finals.

I genuinely don't know what Pittonet has to do in the ruck. Not just this game but consistently there a frees paid against him that never come the other way. He was brilliant again today - great to see

Three frees for, one free against? At least two - I'm thinking all three - of those frees to Pittonet came from 'takes two to tango' ruck contest wrestles.

Pittonet was fantastic, looks like he could be the next 'no-name' ruckman to make a leap to borderline AA contention. He was dominant, especially in the first quarter. I give Stanley a bit of credit for fighting back into the game and making it more of an even contest after quarter time, though he certainly lowered his colours early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missing;
McGovern
Saad
Cerra
Motlop
Cunningham
Fogarty
Marchbank
Martin
Fantasia
Docherty - season
Silvagni - season

Definite Outs;
Young
Owies
Cory Durdin
Binns
Ollie Hollands
Cowan
Carroll

Other outs dependant on team balance / oppo.
I’ll admit Fantasia was a big out for Geelong.

A fantastic four points for the Cats to secure in a game that could have gone either way and - while the margin seemed to hover around the 12-20 mark for most of the day - it felt more like level pegging for most of the day.

I'm biased of course but some of the ball movement Geelong demonstrates at the MCG when they force a turnover, capped off by an exquisite Stengle or Miers pass inside 50 and a Cameron or Henry goal is pretty breathtaking. Champagne football.

Dangerfield pinging a hammy again is a concern and he was playing a classic Danger game to that stage: busting packs, breaking lines, taking big marks. We still need him to compete in September.

Interesting to see how both teams back-up the finals-like atmosphere from yesterday with more of the same next week at the G: Carlton with Collingwood and Geelong with Melbourne.

Cats too good yesterday. Used the ball so much better than Carlton.
Looking forward to testing ourselves again in late June.
Hopefully able to replace some of the 2nd tier players that played yesterday with 1st choice players we’d hope to take into finals.
They got us out the back a few times yesterday so we need to go to work on that and clean it up for this Friday night. Pretty sure Pies will try the same thing and flood our forward line to restrict ball movement so we just have to lower our eyes a bit better . Curnow needs to stop wrestling as well and start leading to the ball

They certainly have a few out, but 11 of the starting 22 is nonsense

We need players back asap. We are forced to play out of form players that don't deserve a run - defence is disjointed - small forwards ineffectual .. We had five AFL listed players in VFL yesterday.
Nine of 11 on injury list are top 25-28 players on the list.

In fairness to Williams his C-grade acting has taken the heat off his kicking.
Imagine paying $5m over a 6 year contract for the diving spud? They kinda have to play him, because they pay him so much!

I think the brown paper bags are back out again at Carlton.

You seriously think the neutrals are going to point out harsh decision/non-decisions against Carlton of all teams. You either support Carlton or hate them - there is literally no such thing as a neutral when it comes to Carlton. Similar to Collingwood, Essendon etc
Carlton have been pathetic for too long to be hated. I have quite a soft spot for the blue baggers. I reserve my hatred and bias for Hawthorn, the Pies and the Tiges. You need to be respected to be hated.

Where do we stand now? Goal post shifting in 3, 2, 1....
You accused me of 'digging through old posts' when commenting on stuff that happened during or after the game (that happened less than 18hrs ago), then you troll post someone from Friday because you have a victim complex.

You were a fair and reasonable poster in the lead up to this game. Seems a switch flicked after the win and your true colours are shining through.
Perhaps you've always been this way and I just haven't noticed.
Enjoy the win. It was a good one.

All we are hearing from Carlton fans is that they won all the stats.. Now we are hearing that the stats are misleading and shouldn't be trusted.

I think the biggest reason that Carlton always feel hard done by is that they don't understand the rules. Go to a game live, their supporters call "Ball" for literally every tackle they lay. No other supporter base does this, it's quite strange.
The free kick counts tell us nothing about how well/bad a game was officiated, or whether one side was favoured by the umps.
Stating this is not the same as saying that all stats are misleading.

Literally every team's supporters yell ball within half a second of a player being tackled. It's called atmosphere, cheering your club and a little bit of trying to subconsciously encourage the umps to blow the whistle.
A bit like yelling chewy on your boot back in the day (where has that little gem gone?). Nobody thinks that the player actually has chewy on his boot, or that their words will influence the kick.

Enjoy the win. It was a good one.

Back