Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 7 - Port v Saints Fri April 26th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL rules and the Tribunal wants to know,
What does Higgins value more, holding an opponent or hurting them with a dump tackle?

FWIW, it’s a football action and maybe a week would be sufficient, not 3.
I agree with what Jordan Lewis said, if Allir didn't try to kick it, more then likely he doesn't get tackled so hard. What's Allir's duty of care to himself.

I agree with what Jordan Lewis said, if Allir didn't try to kick it, more then likely he doesn't get tackled so hard. What's Allir's duty of care to himself.
The ball winner who possess the ball doesn't have a legal duty to protect themselves the tackler does. Cop the 3 and don't drive your opponent into the ground when they're defenseless. The last motion is what got him. Allir has every right to dispose the ball whatever way he can.

Personally I think it should have been a week not 3

Last edited:

So you think when being tackled, he shouldn’t try to dispose of the ball?
Geez, we need more people like you at AFL House, really clean up the game by banning disposal of the ball, and players just go around tackling each other.

Royal Rumble Wrestling GIF by WWE

You are all for players to put themselves into bad situation where injury can occur just so they don't give away a free kick.

You are all for players to put themselves into bad situation where injury can occur just so they don't give away a free kick.
He’s got the f’n ball, for goodness sake.

I can’t believe you’re arguing that he’s in the wrong here.

( I mean, you are a St Kilda supporter so I can believe it, but seriously……)

He’s got the f’n ball, for goodness sake.

I can’t believe you’re arguing that he’s in the wrong here.

( I mean, you are a St Kilda supporter so I can believe it, but seriously……)
Dude, you will never see the flipside to this conversation. You're too heavily invested in what happened. I get it, If it happened to one of my players I would be outraged as well but simply if Allir Allir braced for contact instead of trying to get rid of the ball then he wouldn't have been concussed.

Dude, you will never see the flipside to this conversation. You're too heavily invested in what happened. I get it, If it happened to one of my players I would be outraged as well but simply if Allir Allir braced for contact instead of trying to get rid of the ball then he wouldn't have been concussed.
I get your way of thinking, it’s just a ridiculous take.

This isn’t a player attacking a contest head first and not protecting themselves, like the recent instances with Zac Butters and Brad Crouch. This is a player who HAS the ball, and should expect to be tackled without being dump tackled. It’s the entire reason for the crackdown on tackles, is this exact scenario. And not forgetting that he had one arm held, so what you are saying about “bracing for contact”, he literally had no way of bracing for contact before his head hit the ground.

In my opinion, your take is as bad as the one that says that Brayshaw was partly to blame for Maynard’s hip and shoulder to the head.

If you think the solution to limiting concussions is that players should stop trying to kick the ball then you’ve got rocks in your head.

3 weeks is probably harsh but Higgins drove Aliir’s head into the ground and players need to stop doing that.
Higgins was on the ground - didn’t sling him
Allir had a choice - absorb the tackle or try some weird scissors kick s**t that was never coming off
FFS have a look at the size differences? Allir contributed 100% to his own concussion
I can see Adelaide water hasn’t improved…

Pulled him to ground in such a way that he couldn’t break his fall, concussed as a result. 3 weeks seems harsh to me as the tackle didn’t have two actions. To me, one week seems more fair.

Back