Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Blues v Pies Fri May 3rd 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you guys have a MSD pick available?

Seriously there has to be somebody better than those three.

Coach killers the lot of them.
2 thankfully. I've been saying the same thing on the Blues board for 3 years straight only to be met by pushback every time. Finally the tides seem to be turning as people realize they are deadset s**t trucks

Cottrell maybe... The other two would be lucky to make their VFL team

Every side needs a Cottrell type but he isn’t a small forward or whatever. Wasn’t he having games of 20+ and a goal last year in some games.

The rest are terrible and add Williams who is as cooked as my terriaki chicken tonight

Who are the more important outs for either team:

McStay, de Goey, Mitchell vs Saad, Motlop, Martin, Fogarty?

Probably give the nod to Collingwood considering de Goey is a star so a bit of upside for Pies still to come which is a little scary for those teams currently vying for a top four position.

A decent KPF, a gun mid/fwd, a former gun now slowing down but very important inside mid

or

Fast guy woof, who?, who? and who?

I know which one I'm picking.

Probably give the nod to Collingwood considering de Goey is a star so a bit of upside for Pies still to come which is a little scary for those teams currently vying for a top four position.
Collingwood play with ferocious heart. Their forward line is underdone but they manage to get what they need because everyone buys in.

Naicos has a lot of similarities to Sam Mitchell IMO. Same kind of player. Low center of gravity/mass, exceptional balance, agility, and coordination. Allows him to have A+ evasion skills and accurate disposal. Seems to find space others can't in congestion.
That’s actually a great comparison

Naicos has a lot of similarities to Sam Mitchell IMO. Same kind of player. Low center of gravity/mass, exceptional balance, agility, and coordination. Allows him to have A+ evasion skills and accurate disposal. Seems to find space others can't in congestion.

Ablett and Cousins for mine.

Not absolute burst or bash and crash midfielders. But balanced mids who run really hard and link up particularly as distributors.

My teams just won a great game and my immediate thought is to shadow box people on bigfooty about daicos.

Who am I?

Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar
lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fresh off a grand final, at their unbeatable fortress, Lions play possibly their best opening quarter of footy in god knows how long...
View attachment 1975936

A lot of teams would have trouble clawing back a start like that and the mental hurdle of doing it in Brisbane can't be underestimated.
5.11 vs 11.8 for the remaining 3 quarters. I don't think claims like the bolded can be substantiated in any way.
View attachment 1975938

You see why your chart made little to no sense for this one?

Comes down to the starts for Collingwood.
They almost got it right in the first quarter tonight. That last 5 minutes undid all their good work but it was only a two goal deficit. When they regained the ascendancy, you could just feel they had figured things out.

Carlton in the same bracket as Port Adelaide for me.

He's like Sam Mitchell with leg speed. Lacks Sam's hardness though.

He was tough as nails as a little bloke especially playing in the age of KPP sized midfielders.

• Well done Pies. Lost a soldier early and worked their way into it.
  • As predicted it was not a high quality game, but at least it was close.
  • The gap between the Blues better six or so and the rest is stark
  • Unfortunately a few of the Blues better players are average kicks and
  • That Club looks to be subsiding to a mid table side.

Ah geez, another week of angry Voss not accepting that as good enough for where they should be at, not resting on laurels etc and the media absolutely lauding him for it. 🤮

I really feel for Vossy who is doing a great job with that team. About half his team are averse to tackling and applying defensive pressure.

The ten slackest in a different ers would be invited to bring their mouthguards to a boxing tournament commencing 5.00 am tomorrow.

Docherty and McGovern.

Collingwood too good tonight

Diacos, what a weapon.

Back