Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Crows v Port Thurs May 2nd 7:30pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There is an agenda by commentators, BT especially to pump him up after he had a cry cos he was booed last year.

He gets an uncontested handball “oh brilliant by Horne Francis”
That’s why I loved the commentators back in the 90s. You listen to the likes of Don Scott, Peter McKenna, Ian Robertson etc, no player or umpire would be off limits. Even a crowd of 59k for Collingwood v Footscray in 1993 was considered poor (even though one of fooyscray’s biggest ever H&A crowds)

Gee with the way port are playing atm and with all these injuries to b22 players , not to mention ken topping up the list with c graders to take the “next step” , conditions are looking primed for a port implosion this year .

Their first rounder could well be a decent top 10

So even if things pan out poorly for their team this year port fans will be able to finally look forward to a nice high draft pick!!

Gee with the way port are playing atm and with all these injuries to b22 players , not to mention ken topping up the list with c graders to take the “next step” , conditions are looking primed for a port implosion this year .

Their first rounder could well be a decent top 10

So even if things pan out poorly for their team this year port fans will be able to finally look forward to a nice high draft pick!!
Geelong, Hawthorn, NORTH MELBOURNE. That third game should be prime time viewing... in front of Ken's place with pitch forks and torches.

I'm guaranteed a holiday from BF if I stay here.

Port should win by 8 goals but with Hinkley we'll go down and if Rozee re-injures his hamstring its time to run Hinkley out of town.
How prophetic! You nailed everything except the Crows leading for the entire game and you were 13 goals out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Crows!

Your backline was immense tonight! Butt, Keane, Michaelanne, etc suffocated Port. Curtin looked promising.

Keays being selfish changed the momentum in the 4th qtr, but Crows dug in.

This is my second time backing you guys as an underdog. Next week, you deservedly are a slight favourite over Lions!
Will be facing Lions on 10 days rest….
Just flogged the powder puffs on 5 days rest…..
Does this mean we will be twice as good against Brisbane?

Someone needs to tell Butters running around in circles and holding onto the ball for 30 seconds zipping around doesn’t help his team. No wonder the forwards can’t get separation.

JHF is so much more effective, breaks lines with his runs.
For the first time, I did notice that Butters does seem to be a bit of 'bang it on your boot' type player.

He's brilliant in tight at stoppages with his hands, but by foot he's very wasteful a lot of the time.

Was McHenry one of ours? I know he's a local boy and, Lingsface, you're not the only fan of him.

Of Adelaide's fringe festival players, I'd take him of Shanknervous any day.

I am getting a feeling I’m the only fan of him? Why don’t Adelaide supporters rate him?
He works his butt off but he's just not a smart footballer. Makes some terrible decisions and a lot of the time his skills are just woeful. Dropped marks, missed targets, etc. I'd never question his effort, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

That's the second game this year Port lost with by having more scoring shots. If they kick straight, they'd be 7-1. Unreal they lost by 30 points with 5 more scoring shots, that's probably a record for Port.
"5 more scoring shots" is an inflated stat. What people overlook is that doesn't mean 5 pure shots at goal they missed after effort getting it there from the middle. Some of those points are butchered attempts and it then stays in their forward half for a decent chance of another go at goal.

If they kick one of those as a goal it goes back to the middle and changes the course of the game then who knows what happens.

Considering Adelaide won more clearances and had more inside 50's that probably suggests some more Adelaide shots at goal were on offer once the ball got back to the middle.

Last edited:
Back