Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Dockers v Swans Fri May 10th 8:30pm AEST/6:30pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

because they tag Serong instead. a better player.
I think the Swans went after Clark & Young as the latter is our best kick inside 50.
Serong and Brayshaw are very good players but they don't hurt you kicking it inside 50 as much as Young can.
They didn't mind Aish delivering it either as he constantly kicks it over the forwards heads.
Frederick couldn't get near it either but he just seemed off all around.

Strange game. Swans were absolutely clinical. We just don't have the calibre of powerful goal kicking mids like Warner & Heeney or class like Gulden kicking it in or Papley, Hayward to finish. Thought we held up well in general play but the gulf in class/skills was very evident.

RIP Dardy McCrafty.

I think the Swans went after Clark & Young as the latter is our best kick inside 50.
Serong and Brayshaw are very good players but they don't hurt you kicking it inside 50 as much as Young can.
That sounds reasonable to me. Seems like it's been a few seasons now where the Swans are more concerned with the quality of i50s than quantity. Breaking even or losing the raw inside 50 count but keeping the opposition conversion rate below average.

It could also be that Serong is good enough to get his no matter who the Swans put on him and your better off limiting the supporting cast.

They didn't mind Aish delivering it either as he constantly kicks it over the forwards heads.
Frederick couldn't get near it either but he just seemed off all around.

Strange game. Swans were absolutely clinical. We just don't have the calibre of powerful goal kicking mids like Warner & Heeney or class like Gulden kicking it in or Papley, Hayward to finish. Thought we held up well in general play but the gulf in class/skills was very evident.

RIP Dardy McCrafty.

Understandably the game was unusual. I don’t think there is a gulf in class and skills between the two clubs. I admired Freo’s efforts and thought both teams were pretty even in the contest.

Have no doubt Freo will make Finals.

RIP Cam McCarthy.

Sydney 10.0 (60).
What is the record highest score by a team without a behind being registered?
They were talking about it on the radio. Adelaide vs Hawthorn, 2021.

Adelaide kicked 14 straight in the first half, then another one after half time, for a total of 15. They lost by 3 points

Can't use the five day break as a excuse as the effort was there all day.
Swans more cleaner and took their chances especially the first half.

Jordon is fast becoming a cult hero at the Swans. In the past month has completely shut down Anderson, Whitfield and Clarke while doing a bit of damage the other way too.

Can't believe you let him walk.

Always thought he was a quality footballer, could never really understand why Melbourne didn’t persist with him more.

back flankers are extremely easy to tag. He won't have a job next week as there's no easy tag targets at Carlton.

Jordon is an average footy player. More than happy to let him go.
This is a cope.

Back flankers might be easy to tag, but that doesn't make shutting them down any less important.

For the past month, Jordon has not only shut down targets, he's actually been more productive and damaging than them in general play.

I'd say it takes a pretty bloody solid player to not only shut down, but beat, one of the most important and damaging players from the opposition every week. And that's coming from someone who wasn't sold on recruiting him in the first place.

The Swans Swarm, they look like they have more players on the ground.

Freo getting a reality check against a Top 4 team who are probably the premiership favourites now.

The Swans just beat GWS, Melbourne and Geelong are stumbling, Carlton still aren't convincing, the Saints are a dark horse.
How's that Dark Horse going ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trains were full at 3QTR time. The problem is that members keep paying up year after year with performances that do not encourage any sort of excitement.

Our game plan is dire and unwatchable.

Handball until you fail
The ground was half full, and even less by 3 quarter

Back