Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Blues v Demons Thurs May 9th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They would've outscored you if it wasn't for that blatantly s**t call and you know it. 1 point ffs. Should've been 5 in front for the Dees. Talk it up biased.
Check out Professor Cake here.

We were 20 points up at the time. Let's assume they got the goal, it goes straight back to the middle. Who is to say Carlton won't win the clearance and kick a goal from it? You are assuming that all the events that happened after that point will happen exactly the same in the alternate universe where Melbourne kick a goal.

Much like your assumptions of branched timelines, the cake always crumbles.

Carlton boys, time to universally declare this for what it is.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Arr0w come on I know you enjoy calling out a pathetic whinge.
Nah, you seem right at home

It was clearly wrong and it's 2 weeks in a row a Carlton player has milked a free like this.

Having said that the post game carry on from fans and media over 1 free or non free is getting boring. Rvery week it's the same now.

Unless it's the last kick of the game it's irrelevant to the result.

I definitely want to see us really put a team to the sword instead of just going into a shell.

Our best patch last year was when we played with a bit of dare.

Tonight I don’t think it was helped by the dominance of Gawn and then us losing some pace in the middle in Cerra. Gawn in particular just ensures that the Dees will continue to remain in games.

Voss and the coaches seem to still be struggling with a mix between locking down games and attacking.

Another goal or two was needed in the third or early in the fourth and the Dees late charge home wouldn’t have even concerned Carlton.

It’s a risky game just conceding ground and hoping your backline holds up against a barrage of inside 50s.

Yeah as a Brisbane supporter I've seen us going into their shells and getting run down a few times in recent years, especially against Melbourne.

Like you mentioned Gawn is a big part of it. Apart from his dominance in the ruck, he's one of the best at putting himself in the perfect position to mark those hack clearances out of D50.

Once it goes back into the middle after a goal, the 6-6-6 rule brings their midfield back into play. Luckily for Carlton and the other teams at the moment, Oliver isn't at his best.

We were 20 points up at the time. Let's assume they got the goal, it goes straight back to the middle. Who is to say Carlton won't win the clearance and kick a goal from it? You are assuming that all the events that happened after that point will happen exactly the same in the alternate universe where Melbourne kick a goal.

We saw that Melbourne were clearly outplaying Carlton in that time, so much so that they were scoring unanswered even when it was brought to the middle. Thereby, going on probabilities, it is more likely that the pattern would've continued, especially if it were following the momentum of a goal as opposed to the deflating nature of a disallowed one. We saw that Melbourne were tearing Carlton up each time it went to the 6-6-6 set up and it aided Melbourne in that the Carlton defence was less congested.

As for "crumbles", is that what happened to you when you got cocky in questioning my knowledge over my post about Melbourne not being that good in mid-2022 when they were on a 10-game winning streak? And then being proven wrong on them after they went out in straight sets two years in a row and on Carlton when they missed the finals in 2022 entirely after you were adamant they were going to make it? You'd think for someone who was directly schooled by me on two teams when you really thought you had something would be a little more humble. You were quiet as a mouse. Certainly didn't have anything to say then.

Like I said then, and I say now, it's all proven in hindsight.

"Your analysis means nothing."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is commonsense to some requires an advanced physics course for others. And even then, I doubt the reality of one event changing every single one after would be comprehensible.

It is one of the simplest ways to identify remaining the few remaining Homo Erectus creatures from the Home Sapien lineage.

File it wherever you like
I'm filing you under: related to Danster. Unwilling to change position based on pre-existing inaccurate and falsified claims. It is extremely undesirable to be grouped with such a specimen but I am an advocate for free will.

Your claims that I only target Carlton supporting whingers, meanwhile? It's starting to look a little false.

The way David King was talking this morning you would think it was the greatest Carlton performance of all time. It was far from that, in fact the scoreline was 11 - 10 to 7 - 5 after QTR time and they hung on by a point! It was definitely the Petracca show, the Dees were sluggish early after the 5 day break and did well to comeback, the Blues have more problems than some scribes are prepared to admit.

The way David King was talking this morning you would think it was the greatest Carlton performance of all time. It was far from that, in fact the scoreline was 11 - 10 to 7 - 5 after QTR time and they hung on by a point! It was definitely the Petracca show, the Dees were sluggish early after the 5 day break and did well to comeback, the Blues have more problems than some scribes are prepared to admit.

True - it wasn't perfect , having some of our players back helped. But still missing six of our preferred starting line-up. These guys need to play as much football together as possible not spectating from the stands.

You gave up a 46 point lead against us

That kind of pressure ?

We got so far ahead of you our players got bored and didn’t want to play anymore. Carlton’s inept gameplan took away our will to go on.

Back