Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Blues v Demons Thurs May 9th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems about right.

Interesting that that is your only take out of my post.
Well it was pretty absurd in an already cooked take.

Carlton boys, time to universally declare this for what it is.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Arr0w come on I know you enjoy calling out a pathetic whinge.
It’s a tanty worthy of a 2 year old. All the toy came out of the pram, then he climbed out and threw them back in so he could go again.

It’s a tanty worthy of a 2 year old. All the toy came out of the pram, then he climbed out and threw them back in so he could go again.
Danny strikes me as the type that after a loss and some tanty posting on BF, loads up AFL Evo or something and plays career mode as Oliver where he's won 5 Brownlows and regularly gets 40+ possessions to make himself feel better.

Danny strikes me as the type that after a loss and some tanty posting on BF, loads up AFL Evo or something and plays career mode as Oliver where he's won 5 Brownlows and regularly gets 40+ possessions to make himself feel better.
FIFA 24 where he’s renamed Erland to Oliver and installed a cheat mod where he can score 10 goals a game.

That’s actually not a mark. Still didn’t have it under control even at the very end
He has both hands solidly on the ball and is controlling it. Any other game, that’d get paid.

He has both hands solidly on the ball and is controlling it. Any other game, that’d get paid.
Smart work by whoever posted that to use the slow-mo vision to make it look like he held it longer than he did, very clever attempt to appease the nuffies.

Even the player didn't think it was a mark - if he did he wouldn't have played for the free.

We know they won't get pulled up, but Carlton needs heavy fines for the diving that the team does, it's a real blight on the game.

he picked the ball up in the hunched position, and ploughed through with his head. he didn't duck his head in my eyes. He tucked his chin and attempted to barged through. No prior or anything, it was say 2 steps into the tackler? I would've paid it if he had 10 steps, i.e ample prior like Hollands. Yes, ducking the head is prior but because he was never upright and simply stayed low and barged through I don't think it was going to get paid.

I agree that there was probably a few that Carlton fans can complain about but the fact that the ones Carlton fans are complaining about are the 50/50 ones like McGovern's mark/arm chop whereas the dees ones are clear cut wrong decisions that will be first played in the umpire review room on Monday morning.

What mark/arm chop :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on this one? 10 times worse than McGovern's. Happy to play this game all day and night. Incorrect decisions for Carlton, all bloody night! Pathetic umpiring.

Nah I am going to enjoy our win :plus: :four:

Have a great weekend.

I can't say too much but FYI you're pretty close to the money with your theories. No one would believe me if I elaborated anyways, but I can't risk it all the same. The picture becomes very clear if you play around with match result data from the last ten seasons, including free kick counts, match day umpires, ladder positions at the time, and average crowd attendances YoY. It's all in there if you're not afraid to lock yourself in a room with an 8 ball and an Excel workbook and put in a solid 72 hour day of number crunching.
I can't tell if this is satire or not, well played :thumbsu: :tearsofjoy:

Smart work by whoever posted that to use the slow-mo vision to make it look like he held it longer than he did, very clever attempt to appease the nuffies.

Even the player didn't think it was a mark - if he did he wouldn't have played for the free.

We know they won't get pulled up, but Carlton needs heavy fines for the diving that the team does, it's a real blight on the game.
Carlton backline has studied Lever's head throwing tactic to win free kicks.
So I guess we have to thank you guys for the tactical education.

We've all seen marks get paid with less control of the ball than that. It happens every week.
Well they shouldn't be marks either then.. Rather than taking the notion that non marks should be paid because others have.

No different during lockdowns when people were complaining that certain people had more freedoms, and wanting them locked down too instead of using it as an example to fight for their own freedom.

Back