Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Player select barely works. it’s one of the most important things for an afl game and it doesn’t work properly.
This game is extremely frustrating to play, gonna get to a point where I just become totally disinterested.
And people have been pointing this out since launch, like lots of other issues. Potentially won't/can't be fixed I'm starting to feel

Which sucks because I was really keen on this game and was telling others to buy it
Forgot to swap accounts?

Steam patch is around 10 mins away.

And people have been pointing this out since launch, like lots of other issues. Potentially won't/can't be fixed I'm starting to feel
Yeah it’s a major issue that affects the movement and spread of the players. Don’t feel in control of the game much, hope it can be fixed ASAP

Forgot to swap accounts?

Steam patch is around 10 mins away.

200w.gif

I would hope such reviews get updates too...
Corrections for when the game changes and improves...

But instead, they typically just sit there... no updates... and even so, people who first read it probably won't return to it to the article later on to see what changed (like they would when playing a game).
I can understand the disappointment at a bad review... especially when the team are working their backsides off to fix up the launch patch issue.
So you want them to update their article/review every day for weeks/months depending on what updates have occurred every day? They have to go back and rewrite the entire thing to account for the things that have been improved and other things now subsequently broken? How long should they be expected to do this for? Perhaps releasing the game in a state people can play instead of needing daily patches for weeks/months afterwards until it is fixed might be a more reasonable suggestion.

Played a fair few games on PS4 tonight. Nowhere near as good at marking as I was, but can now do it occasionally and have started winning games again. Tempted to put it away again and wait for about seven more patches, because re-learning how to play every other night is frustrating.

Played a fair few games on PS4 tonight. Nowhere near as good at marking as I was, but can now do it occasionally and have started winning games again. Tempted to put it away again and wait for about seven more patches, because re-learning how to play every other night is frustrating.

I reckon Saturday night's game play was its best, it's kinda gone down a little since then. I hope we get the chance to alter the game more to our liking with sliders. But with everything else going on, I don't like the chances of that happening! While the player movement has improved, it's still not 100% perfect (a lot of instances where you are weighed down by bricks and take forever to move).

Damn this update just ruined the game. Only crashed like once in the 2 weeks of playing as soon as I updated an hour ago, I've crashed twice in 30 minutes. At this point I don't think the game will ever get fixed. Seriously need the AFL to invest more in this game, we're going no where.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the added challenge of marking/spoiling in the recent ps5 patch, it actually rewards you for using the ball well and you’re unlikely to get much from bombing the ball long.

Jostling could use some tweaking so you can actually push off your opponent at the last minute and get some space to mark.

I can't for the life of me have a set shot from more than 30m with Charlie curnow. Everything misses to the right as if my input makes no difference
Got the same issue but with Rory lobb and ugle hagan. Whenever he marks it I just pass it to someone else in the forward 50

So you want them to update their article/review every day for weeks/months depending on what updates have occurred every day? They have to go back and rewrite the entire thing to account for the things that have been improved and other things now subsequently broken? How long should they be expected to do this for? Perhaps releasing the game in a state people can play instead of needing daily patches for weeks/months afterwards until it is fixed might be a more reasonable suggestion.
I’m not sure why BigAntStudios disliked this. Seems like a pretty reasonable opinion.

The company needs a Community Manager/PR person that doesn’t get emotional with consumers.

Anyone worked out how to mark/spoil after the new patch? Seems very inconsistent and honestly pretty random whether you get it or not.

No… just include the patch version it was reviewed on… given that’s pertinent to the exceptional situation this game finds itself in (as the journalist appeared to understand).

Also, Where to find out what the latest patch version is, for anyone reading it later on, given the review would be out of date within 24 hours (as the journalist also appeared to understand).

The game we got wasn’t the intended release.
None of us truly know why, we have theories… but it definitely wasn’t intentional.
The previous 350-odd pages show that.

Still no way to edit guernsey numbers in management mode? Please Ross my draftees can't wear the number #0! Fix ASAP

As of today's update i seem to have lost the ability to spoil. Am I doing something wrong? I'm just meant to push the right stick in the desired direction when the controller vibrates, right?

As of today's update i seem to have lost the ability to spoil. Am I doing something wrong? I'm just meant to push the right stick in the desired direction when the controller vibrates, right?
I think it’s slightly after the vibration, for some reason that seems to work

I’m not sure why BigAntStudios disliked this. Seems like a pretty reasonable opinion.

The company needs a Community Manager/PR person that doesn’t get emotional with consumers.
So I'm not allowed to diagree?

I don't agree with the comments made and never made the assertions made. I merely put that a reviewer should review the game they are playing with the patches to that date. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not the slightest bit emotional, used all my emotion at the footy, nothing left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back