Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
Just a bit of sliding
7m8buw.gif

Automatic handball - straight to the boundary line (thanks Rex)

A situation where the automatic handball actually worked well - GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

2 automatic handballs in a row

More automatic handballs then straight to the boundary line

And people thought Evo 2 was cringe 🥴🫠

Where are we sitting with management mode? Has there been any real changes to the mode so it makes sense and it’s playable yet?

Really? I thought people were still struggling to keep the ball in play.
I assume those people just didn’t know about this
It was a feature in Evo 2 and I decided to randomly see if it was a thing in AFL 23 and worked out it was pretty early on. If not day one, then not long after

Honest answers, is the game playable to the point where spending $100 is worth it? (on PC)
The game is still very broken. From automatic handballs to tackles not working 100% of the time, to a rather featureless game in general.
There’s a lot more to dislike than like atm
Ultimately up to you, but I’d stay away ATM for sure

Someone please tell me the steam patch tonight adjusted marking contests aha, just played my first game on the latest PS patch and lost contested marks 47-6, spoils 20-12 😬 was looking forward to seeing the change in set shots and didn't get a mark inside 50 until the last 5 seconds of the match 😂 I have work to do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I'd love to see is gradual changes in the weather as the game progresses, especially with afternoon games. Not completely accurate when a day game looks identical weather wise from when it started until when it finishes.

It feels like we've reached the Forest Gump stage - you never know what patch you're going to get.

The Good -

• Mark and bullet handpass - looks great, but am I doing that?
  • I just had a ten goal loss to Melbourne and a ten goal victory against St Kilda on the same difficulty, I am very confused but the game style between the two did feel different more or less.
  • Player positioning improved
  • it feels like the finished build will be a really fast game.

The Bad -

• Disposal while being tackled appears to be massively nerfed while the number of times the AI pulls off a 20 metre handball while tackled on the ground is increasing.
  • Ball physics - anticipate a lot of videos on this in the next 24 hours.
  • The player inertia problem shows no signs of improving, we're back players ice skating backwards and not being able to change direction.

Is there a gameplay speed option? Like slow, normal, fast?

Whatever has happen I agree the game play is quick, probably too quick, feels like 1.50x. Mainly player speed and the loose players probably the cause of this

Playing Carlton in management mode. Getting a hiding, down by 8 goals half way through the third. Commentary stops. Gets to 3 quarter time and the game just stalls. Sits there any nothing happens. Been doing this since launch. FIX YOUR GAME BIG ANT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back