Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
If this game is fully customisable ie; stadiums, kits, logos it would add a great deal of realism for recreations which has been used in their Cricket and tennis games. Honestly haven’t been so hyped for a game in a while
Yep, this already ticks off a few things that were previously on my Evo 3 wish list

- Being able to play WAFL games at the
actual grounds will be so much better than playing every game at a sold out Optus
- A proper Guernsey creator could have endless potential as well

We’ve never really had this situation with AFL games where there’s other games out there that already give us an idea of what might be in this new one

There really wasn't/isn't a relationship between our sponsorship of Carlton and getting the rights to make the game, we've been a sponsor of Carlton for years and been one of the largest sponsors in the league of the AFLW at club level.

It's a family affair for us :)

Changeroom_Signage_2.jpg
Yeah I figured it was probably a coincidence. Not sure if you’d be able to divulge but was this part of having the stand with the Big Ant window demolished? Some sort of like for like exchange? Love what you guys are doing for womens footy and being something of pioneers within introducing women to sports games. Brilliant stuff.

Yeah I figured it was probably a coincidence. Not sure if you’d be able to divulge but was this part of having the stand with the Big Ant window demolished? Some sort of like for like exchange? Love what you guys are doing for womens footy and being something of pioneers within introducing women to sports games. Brilliant stuff.
The stand was to be demolished, it's a lot more expensive for the change rooms :)

Yeah, we've even supported non-Carlton teams!.... http://hawksnetballclub.com.au/game-changing-sponsorshop-for-hawks-netball/

Great news! Can't wait to see more news

Wishlist
Gameplay
Tactics. Every team has a different tactic to the other and not just one overall tactic. Backline tactics, foward line, midfield, centre bounces, kick ins, kick outs, boundary throw ins. Designating players certain roles before and during the game. So if I'm coaching Essendon. I'm telling Ridley to try and always be third man up.
Players have tendencies and special attributes. So some players love to run when they get it others look for a quick hand ball others take riskier kicks some always go safe kick. Dustin Martin always pushing off.. telling ruckman where to position them selves during gameplay if it's down back up forward or in middle.. hard to score. all AFL games so far have been easy to score high where in real life that isn't the case. Realistic Injuries. There are some sort of injuries in nearly every quarter of footy. Might just be a corky or a rolled ankle where they have to go to the bench for a bit then they can come back on or after a heavy pack contest or tackle they will stay on the ground for longer Or sometimes it might be a serious one where the trainers have to come out and they can't play the rest of the game. And lastly. Plenty of cut scenes similar to what 2k and fifa do to make it feel like we are actually watching A AFL game. And not a arcade video game.

Coach career mode. Pretty much just try your best to copy everything fifa and 2k do. Being able to watch the reserves games and stats from those games Aswell! So you can chose what players to drop and pick based on form. Players have emotions you have to try and keep all happy. Once again realistic injuries so your not just picking the best side every week every team always has at least 5 players they can't choose from that week. And being able to preset injuries at start of season. So you can start the season realistically like giving Ben king a acl injury. Thanks for reading! great news!

I don't mind who does commentary provided there's a bit of variety in what they say. All we got from Gary Lyon's "special comments" in the last game was that it was "a great game of football" over and over again.
Not to mention "I wish SOMEONE would go down and tell the players to take on the game!" or something along those lines.

What i would like is a bit of uniqueness in the players, especially the superstar types who should rightly be able to dominate in many games.

I found in Evo 2 the players tend to be a little too "even" and samey. You could pump up the stats of any player and pretty much make them as good as anyone else.

Evo 1 oddly, to me, suffered less from this. I had a few players come through the draft that would clearly be a level above their opposition even when rated in the 70s and 80s versus higher "rated" players. Maybe its a symptom of less tight mechanics and balancing in Evo 1, but it felt more dynamic and made things interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i would like is a bit of uniqueness in the players, especially the superstar types who should rightly be able to dominate in many games.

I found in Evo 2 the players tend to be a little too "even" and samey. You could pump up the stats of any player and pretty much make them as good as anyone else.

Evo 1 oddly, to me, suffered less from this. I had a few players come through the draft that would clearly be a level above their opposition even when rated in the 70s and 80s versus higher "rated" players. Maybe its a symptom of less tight mechanics and balancing in Evo 1, but it felt more dynamic and made things interesting.

I did an experiment recently and created a super player. Interestingly, unless you're playing a dud team they don't really stand out. Especially for marking, not much difference at all between 99 and 80 although admittedly I have cranked up the fatigue.

Only exception is ruck, like every AFL game before it an elite ruckman tends to dominate.

On a side note, being day two of this monumental news the thing that excites most is BA owning the distribution. Remember all those old updates where all was in the hands of TB? I think once there was even a four month gap between gold and distribution with zero communication in between. It was exasperating. This part is freaking awesome.

Last edited:
Personally I think I FUT style game mode is exactly what this game needs. Let the whales bankroll it.
I'm not so sure on that. I've always hated these game modes because they lead to pay to win type things and I don't wanna get left behind and not enoy it cause I'm not willing to pay microtransactions.
Then again the option is also there for me to not play it so I guess it's no skin off my teeth, just sounds like free funding for BA :fire:

I'm not so sure on that. I've always hated these game modes because they lead to pay to win type things and I don't wanna get left behind and not enoy it cause I'm not willing to pay microtransactions.
Then again the option is also there for me to not play it so I guess it's no skin off my teeth, just sounds like free funding for BA :fire:

It's gambling.

Hoping BigAntStudios are better than that :thumbsu:

FIFA and Madden are ruined due to the Ultimate Teams mechanic. It brings EA in billions of dollars but the actual gameplay suffers for it.
If they want to go that route they ideally need different codebases, one for the ultimate teams version and another for the "normal" game imo, gambling issues aside.

I don’t know if anyone remembers it, it the original MyTeam concept in NBA 2K13 on PS3/360 was great.

There wasn’t an auction house, and players could only be redeemed via packs or through playing the game itself and unlocking rewards.

Yes, micro transactions could still be exploited, but at least super teams wouldn’t be put together with too much ease as there was no auction house.

I would like to see Big Ant go this route if they ever tried the ultimate team concept

Great news this. Big Any Studios have been making some pretty solid games of late. AO Tennis 2 is brilliant.

The Evolution games didn't like as they had PS3 graphics. Just felt like you were playing an very old game.
This one's is going to look great graphics wise don't have a doubt. AO Tennis 2 is one of the best looking games I've played in 4K.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back