Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Disagree tbh, I like making weird sims where players are ultra quick, might just be me
Don't think Ross would be like that, Fifa is garbage without sliders.... But once I put in matt10 from operation sports sliders it becomes much much better. I think it can enhance an already good game too.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

In 2011, for what it’s worth:
AFL Live trailer was released on 28th of February.
Play sessions announcement 9th March
First play session at retailer EB Games was 13th March.
Announcement of release date was 28th March
Release date- 21st April
Well they sure aren’t sticking to what they did in the past.

We could do this in evo 2, you don't want something that goes too far because at that point you're locking on.
Not really tbh. In fact Evo (1 & 2) was some of the worst rucking in an AFL to date
There was about 3 ‘areas’ the ball would lock on to depending on which way you flick the stick
You never really had full control.
For example when your midfielder runs directly behind your ruck and he’s all by himself, the tap never actually goes to that location.
It seems it’s locked to about 3 different ‘areas’ which imo is horrible programming.
If you win the tap, you should be able to hit it wherever the hell you want

If there is an ultimate or my team type deal and there are packs involved. Id love to see players get the chance to pull better versions of the base rated AFL players. For example When Nick Daicos Had his 40 Touches and 3 goal game against Adelaide in Round 18. An opportunity will arise to release a brand new card of nicks with an upgraded rating to suit the standout performance he had which then players will be able to take online and use against other players. I know its a stretch and i don't expect the world from Big Ant but I'm really glad there making a footy game again. As AFL Live in my opinion is Arguably one of the better AFL Games if not the G.O.A.T of them all, High Hopes.
Refer to Starter Nick on the Left and Moments Nick on the Right 2kmtcentral-card-creator-nick-daicos (1).png 2kmtcentral-card-creator-nick-daicos (2).png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really tbh. In fact Evo (1 & 2) was some of the worst rucking in an AFL to date
There was about 3 ‘areas’ the ball would lock on to depending on which way you flick the stick
You never really had full control.
For example when your midfielder runs directly behind your ruck and he’s all by himself, the tap never actually goes to that location.
It seems it’s locked to about 3 different ‘areas’ which imo is horrible programming.
If you win the tap, you should be able to hit it wherever the hell you want
I wouldn't mind something like live 2 (I think it was that one) where it would slow down breifly during the ruck contest and if you won you could select the player closest

I wouldn't mind something like live 2 (I think it was that one) where it would slow down breifly during the ruck contest and if you won you could select the player closest
Think that might have only been on the Wii version from memory ?
Never played it on the Wii but I don’t remember it on console
In fact I’ve tried to forget as much of Live 2 as I possibly could so that’s probably why 😜

If you punched it instead of tapping it, you could direct it to whoever you wanted. It's what I always did when my sweeper was unmanned behind my ruck. Was too easy
I legit just tried and you’re actually right
How tf did I not know this the whole damn time lol
Even so, odd that the punch goes exactly where you want it and the tap doesn’t

Think that might have only been on the Wii version from memory ?
Never played it on the Wii but I don’t remember it on console
In fact I’ve tried to forget as much of Live 2 as I possibly could so that’s probably why 😜
I think it actually might've been the mobile edition: Gold Edition.
Legendary game that I played the * out of

If there is an ultimate or my team type deal and there are packs involved. Id love to see players get the chance to pull better versions of the base rated AFL players. For example When Nick Daicos Had his 40 Touches and 3 goal game against Adelaide in Round 18. An opportunity will arise to release a brand new card of nicks with an upgraded rating to suit the standout performance he had which then players will be able to take online and use against other players. I know its a stretch and i don't expect the world from Big Ant but I'm really glad there making a footy game again. As AFL Live in my opinion is Arguably one of the better AFL Games if not the G.O.A.T of them all, High Hopes.
Refer to Starter Nick on the Left and Moments Nick on the RightView attachment 1623908View attachment 1623910
Love the idea but I don’t believe we’ll get an Ultimate Team type of mode and even if we do, I can’t imagine Big Ant updating the packs every single week based on who played well

Love the idea but I don’t believe we’ll get an Ultimate Team type of mode and even if we do, I can’t imagine Big Ant updating the packs every single week based on who played well
true but every like month or two they could do a recap and release players based on month or two of footy. I Agree though and i understand why but could you think of the longevity of the game if there was a ultimate team with these monthly packs it would be huge for the game.

If you punched it instead of tapping it, you could direct it to whoever you wanted. It's what I always did when my sweeper was unmanned behind my ruck. Was too easy
IMO getting the ruck contest right is huge, previous AFL games (including Live 1) became way too easy once you learnt how to win the ruck contest, it’s only been the clunkiness of some of the games that have made the ruck contest challenging.

IMO getting the ruck contest right is huge, previous AFL games (including Live 1) became way too easy once you learnt how to win the ruck contest, it’s only been the clunkiness of some of the games that have made the ruck contest challenging.
Evo 2 was basically whoever had the higher ruck stat won 90% of the time

If Big Ant don't post something soon they're stinky.

They and the AFL might have agreed on a week-to-week reveal marketing strategy. I think this is what could also occur with the new Zelda game leading up to early May. TV advertisements, posters, game testing, a longer gameplay trailer etc

So it’ll be interesting to see what they do every week or so until release day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back