Poo Mega Thread AFL asking Eagles to delay bye so Richmond doesnt need to travel twice to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point. Clubs have a greater responsibility to the game beyond their own four walls.

To argue otherwise comes across as very insular.
This is absolutely what this is about in this case and last year. Every club has to accept it is very much help out for the overall best of the competition get through this s**t the governments restricting travel conditions for clubs. You cannot just think what is best only for your club. I would have loved Eagles and Carlton to have a bye this weekend in the hope we could play Eagles in our own city at MCG and actually goto the game. It ain't happening and I do not blame the AFL or clubs in situation as much of it is out of your control so you just get on with things as best as you can. We play Eagles tomorrow in neutral venue and no home game. Eagles play home v Tigers with a home crowd a week earlier than originally planned. Carlton miss a home game that was originally planned, Eagles just have to bring back their bye a week later to help out reduce complications for what may happen in weeks to come. AFL clearly just want to get games happening as best they can. Sometimes that means we all lose out in different ways at different times. No time to be insular and only think of your own club. Eighteen clubs are in this and league got a lot of things to try to juggle at same time and try to do it week by week this month.

Last edited:
Will be pretty roapable if the Eagles bend over and accept this. Massive disadvantage given the injury list and limping into the bye week. Several players in rehab have the game after the bye as a return date.

The season is looking over as finals go but its a dead set joke pandering and disadvantaging yourself to help Richmond avoiding a 2nd flight over. Tigers can go home, have a week off with family and the comp continues as it should. Eagles travel every 2nd week more than most so flying twice in two weeks isnt too much to ask someone else to do as well is it?

Plenty of Eagles and Tigers fans would have planned other activities over the scheduled bye weekend and back the following to attend the game as originally scheduled.

we are flying actually flying over from Sydney again

Then why was it moved forward? Who was pushing the agenda.
All clubs will be allowed to return home during their bye. Richmond wanted to do that as scheduled and come back at the end of it for the Eagles game.
Borders may not allow it. So the solution is to move the game forward.
If it was left where it was Richmond would be the only club unable to return home during their bye. So it’s a pretty fair compromise I reckon.

They shouldn't wilt and bow down to the request.

The Eagles have to look after number 1 (themselves). It's tough luck if Richmond have to travel twice to WA in a shortened space of time.
You do realise it’s already a done deal, and that Richmond have already chosen to fly back to Sydney in between the 2 games?

it’s almost like the most successful team in the afl (of recent years) don’t think that having hopped on a plane for a few hours is the biggest determinant of whether you win a game of footy or not.

I dunno. Why did a Richmond supporter start a thread about Steven Hocking? We both have some strange supporters but I think you and I are the only rational and measured West Coast and Richmond supporters.

All i want to say is this, if you win, it’s because you will have been too good on the day. If we win, same deal. We have both read the same stuff about Tiges not playing you guys in Perth for a couple of years, well, next weekend, here we are. And it’s gonna be a cracker with plenty on the line.
And yes, we always make sense and others should be guided by our posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why was it moved forward? Who was pushing the agenda.
It just made sense. I think where they stuffed up was when they didn't run it past you.
You could have informed them that Richmond was to spend their by in Sydney away from their families because: it's all so unfair waa waa waa.

It just made sense. I think where they stuffed up was when they didn't run it past you.
You could have informed them that Richmond was to spend their by in Sydney away from their families because: it's all so unfair waa waa waa.
Didn’t answer my question but you seem to run with your own narrative anyway. If Richmond didn’t want it, I doubt west coast would want their whole bye schedule changed a week out for the benefit of another team. Who was pushing it?

Didn’t answer my question but you seem to run with your own narrative anyway. If Richmond didn’t want it, I doubt west coast would want their whole bye schedule changed a week out for the benefit of another team. Who was pushing it?
I could try and explain to you, what is pretty basic and very obvious to everyone else, but I don't think I'll bother thanks.

To be fair, you've had the reasoning explained to you about a billion times and you still don't get it
I keep getting told contradicting stories. Richmond were always staying in Sydney the whole time. Richmond were coming back to Melbourne then would go back to Perth. Richmond wanted it moved forward. Richmond wanted it kept the same.

I keep getting told contradicting stories. Richmond were always staying in Sydney the whole time. Richmond were coming back to Melbourne then would go back to Perth. Richmond wanted it moved forward. Richmond wanted it kept the same.
You aren't getting told different things, you are being told what would happen based on different circumstances with the scheduling.
I am not going to get into personal attacks here, but you are making it very difficult with how you cannot grasp a very simple concept

You aren't getting told different things, you are being told what would happen based on different circumstances with the scheduling.
I am not going to get into personal attacks here, but you are making it very difficult with how you cannot grasp a very simple concept
So in what circumstance did Richmond both want it moved forward but also kept the same?

Because Bronx cheers is the yardstick that measures the competency of umpiring? Ok.

I know what I saw last, the umpiring was inept bordering shameful.
While you can’t see everything at the game, the majority of fans at the ground had a pretty good idea what was going on. Coleman-Jones got three shots at goal from two soft as butter free kicks and a dubious mark. Essendon got a few soft ones back later, umpiring wasn’t great all round, but any suggestion Richmond were hard done by with the umps is simply your bias showing through.

The AFL mouth piece (Mitch Cleary) said the game was changed to make the most of the Tigers being in Perth. We'll, it's not making the most of the Tigers being in Perth, if they're not staying in Perth.

While you can’t see everything at the game, the majority of fans at the ground had a pretty good idea what was going on. Coleman-Jones got three shots at goal from two soft as butter free kicks and a dubious mark. Essendon got a few soft ones back later, umpiring wasn’t great all round, but any suggestion Richmond were hard done by with the umps is simply your bias showing through.
We definitely got the rub of the green with the umps overall, they wouldn't pay holding the ball for either team, but ones like the Aarts non call were astonishing.

So in what circumstance did Richmond both want it moved forward but also kept the same?
This is my last reply to you as you are just being deliberately argumentative now
Richmond wanted to go home for their bye after being on the road for 2 weeks, we also have some players in Lambert & Astbury (maybe even Prestia TBC) who would be available with another weeks break. The problem is that had Richmond gone back to Victoria then they wouldn't have been able to go to Perth to give West Coast their home ground, therefore they wanted it rescheduled so they can still have a proper bye and keep the game moving forward.
Changing the schedule disadvantages Richmond more than West Coast, but it's the right thing to do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back