AFL Canberra 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets better... First week of regional finals is the last week of the home and away season for "senior" footy, so despite Belconnen 1s/2s playing, only players who have qualified (4 games in regionals, no more than 9 in higher grades) to play regional finals can play in the regional game.
Judging by the score between Belconnen and Goulburn the last game I don't think that the first final will bother them.

Unpopular opinion here - Belconnen won't make it past first week of finals. I think due to the fact that the clubs priority in the higher grades they won't be letting players back up in games for their 3's. Also I may be wrong but is both of the regional finals being played at Coota? If so I think the travel will not suit them.

Unpopular opinion here - Belconnen won't make it past first week of finals. I think due to the fact that the clubs priority in the higher grades they won't be letting players back up in games for their 3's. Also I may be wrong but is both of the regional finals being played at Coota? If so I think the travel will not suit them.

No offence to Goulburn but with there injury list at the end of this season I can’t see them beating Belconnen regardless of we’re the game is played . Am I rite in thinking 1 play 2 winner through to grand final , 3 v 4 winner play loser of 1 v 2 . For other spot in grand final ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whistling Willy on the money again.

Only way that Coota gets an 'easy' grand final is if Belco have a bunch of players to get them over the line in the preliminary that aren't available in the grand. That's assuming they go straight in but who knows what numbers Cooma will have come finals time.

Might depend on which Belconnen squad rocks up , murrumbateman could be a chance if they have one of them weeks where they don’t have those extra quality players

Does anyone think the top 4 teams will rest any players for next weekend? Might be an upset or 2 brewing?

I think having the numbers to rest players is a luxury that some of the top 4 regional teams might not have. Definitely potential for some upsets there though considering the only teams that can affect their ladder position are fighting off the spoon

I think having the numbers to rest players is a luxury that some of the top 4 regional teams might not have. Definitely potential for some upsets there though considering the only teams that can affect their ladder position are fighting off the spoon

Think your rite re the numbers thing Belconnen will be playing second graders tomorrow against murrumbateman due to the current coaches son getting married . This has been pre arranged between the clubs . So the possibility of an upset there would seem slim . Maybe Yass can knock off the undefeated Cootamundra but . Good luck to all hope this weather doesn’t close grounds and bugger up the last game of the year for some

Think your rite re the numbers thing Belconnen will be playing second graders tomorrow against murrumbateman due to the current coaches son getting married . This has been pre arranged between the clubs . So the possibility of an upset there would seem slim . Maybe Yass can knock off the undefeated Cootamundra but . Good luck to all hope this weather doesn’t close grounds and bugger up the last game of the year for some

I think the teams playing up in Cooma are praying for the game to be called off. Top of 6 with chance of snow today and tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does it work with their 2nd graders ? Are they going to play 2 games in one day tomorrow ?

Prelim & Grand Final to be in Canberra. Prelim @ footy park for Regional;
GF @ footy park for all grades except regional who are exiled to an as yet unknown ground.
Thats bloody ridiculous. Surely they could play the regional grade in the evening after the 3's under lights?
Just seems pathetic that the teams are going to be the only teams playing at a ground.

Thats bloody ridiculous. Surely they could play the regional grade in the evening after the 3's under lights?
Just seems pathetic that the teams are going to be the only teams playing at a ground.

I believe the League's preference was to have all GF games (Mens Div 3 & 4, Womens Div 2, Regional Mens & Regional Womens) on the same day at Footy Park, but none of the clubs could agree on the time slots.

Which I Read As: Everyone kicked up a stink about playing the late slots under lights.

So no one plays late slots, but the consequence is that games are played across 2 venues. Same as always happens in Community footy. No one is willing to compromise, the league won't put it's foot down and dictate to clubs, so we end up with solutions that mean some teams (almost always Regional) get fully shafted instead of the middle ground.

I believe the League's preference was to have all GF games (Mens Div 3 & 4, Womens Div 2, Regional Mens & Regional Womens) on the same day at Footy Park, but none of the clubs could agree on the time slots.

Which I Read As: Everyone kicked up a stink about playing the late slots under lights.

So no one plays late slots, but the consequence is that games are played across 2 venues. Same as always happens in Community footy. No one is willing to compromise, the league won't put it's foot down and dictate to clubs, so we end up with solutions that mean some teams (almost always Regional) get fully shafted instead of the middle ground.

My understanding is that there is a club, perhaps 2, who believe that they are a chance to play all 3 Grand Finals and both womens games were proposed to be before the mens. This was the cause for the "Having to wait around all day" complaint.

You are right though that AFL Canberra refuse to grow some kahuna's and actually make a decision about anything.

Goulburn mite return the favor to Cooma and forfeit .

Personally would think it a good idea. They've got nothing to gain and have an elimination final next week. No reason to risk the likely injuries/soreness that will come from playing it.

Similar thing for Cooma but with double chance and the appeal of playing at home the reasons aren't quite as strong.

I thought Glbn might have forfeited, we haven’t in the past and the boys wanted to keep that record intact. Good on em going down there in crap weather undermanned for a game that means nothing against a team that has a record of forfeiting to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back