AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Very interested in answers to this post. I similarly just moved from Melb to Canberra for work and used to play in divvy 3 in the EFL. Currently living in Reid so looking at Ainslie/Eastlakes at the moment. Anyone know when and where eastlakes are training? I read on the internet somewhere that Ainslie are training at Reid oval on Thursdays.

Forgot to say. I do shift work including nights so will only be able to train and play and seemingly random times.

The cooma cats are a growing country bassed football club and are now training at calwell oval in canberra as well as snowy oval in cooma teusdays and thursdays 6:30pm to accomadate our city based players anyone interested in joining a friendly country footy club should come along to a session and see what we are all about

The cooma cats are a growing country bassed football club and are now training at calwell oval in canberra as well as snowy oval in cooma teusdays and thursdays 6:30pm to accomadate our city based players anyone interested in joining a friendly country footy club should come along to a session and see what we are all about
Hey Snowycat,who,s coaching Woden ?

Very interested in answers to this post. I similarly just moved from Melb to Canberra for work and used to play in divvy 3 in the EFL. Currently living in Reid so looking at Ainslie/Eastlakes at the moment. Anyone know when and where eastlakes are training? I read on the internet somewhere that Ainslie are training at Reid oval on Thursdays.

Ainslie 3s/4s are at Ainslie Oval on Mondays, and Reid Oval on Thursdays... Both sessions run from 6 till 730 or so.

And a much better group of blokes than at Belconnen :p

Hey people

If any of the old CDL clubs are interested I am happy to provide grappling training sessions for clubs. I hung around the CDL competition for a long time and also have a fair bit of experience in grappling.

I'm interested in developing my coaching and might be able to provide some interesting and fun training options for clubs.

I'd be happy to talk to any coaches that are interested in having me along for a session and we could work out what might be some useful stuff to go over.

Wrestling and grappling drills are becoming more common in footy and I have seen a number of AFL clubs using different drills.

I'm not looking for money or anything like that so if any one is interested please drop me a line.

Cheers

Mach

Hey Motley.how are numbers looking with the new inclusion of your three,s.

We've got 45 or so blokes who've paid rego thus far, and more keep trickling in. Probably only 20 or so at training last night, but wet weather and this time of year/level of footy tends to keep blokes away a bit.

We've got a trial in Narooma next month, so hopefully that'll give us a better indication of where we are at. Got a couple of blokes who've showed up from interstate etc who look like reasonable players. Probably still lacking a couple of big blokes at this stage but we'll see what happens. Think a few of the older boys who've been around 3s for a while are looking at playing 4s this year, which should hopefully make for a good start in the comp.

We've got 45 or so blokes who've paid rego thus far, and more keep trickling in. Probably only 20 or so at training last night, but wet weather and this time of year/level of footy tends to keep blokes away a bit.

We've got a trial in Narooma next month, so hopefully that'll give us a better indication of where we are at. Got a couple of blokes who've showed up from interstate etc who look like reasonable players. Probably still lacking a couple of big blokes at this stage but we'll see what happens. Think a few of the older boys who've been around 3s for a while are looking at playing 4s this year, which should hopefully make for a good start in the comp.
Motley,sounds good hope all goes well for the season.Are Narooma coming here or you going there?

Motley,sounds good hope all goes well for the season.Are Narooma coming here or you going there?

We are heading there, so should be a pretty good trip. Think we are playing 35 or so blokes against their 1s and 2s over 5 or 6 "quarters" so be interesting to see how we go. The blokes that have been coming to preseason have certainly been putting in the big ones, so hopefully we are pretty fit by then.

We are heading there, so should be a pretty good trip. Think we are playing 35 or so blokes against their 1s and 2s over 5 or 6 "quarters" so be interesting to see how we go. The blokes that have been coming to preseason have certainly been putting in the big ones, so hopefully we are pretty fit by then.

Hey motley. We're you in Yass last weekend by any chance

We (Nor-West Jets AFC) have a trial lined up against Eastlake's 3s & 4s, should be a good hitout for us, similiar grades and all (We are Sydney D2 & 4) and, return bus trip down there next year!

Just saw the draw. So many Sunday Games. I know it is good to have AFL coming to Canberra, but I would like to keep some more Saturday Games. Maybe morning starts and then head to the AFL games after. It isn't good for a lot of clubs having Saturday games. Especially as they rely on canteen sales and club functions to raise money. Sunday's are never big money spinners.

It would be good if Manuka got redeveloped so we could get Night games. Not just in the AFL but in the NEAFL as well.

Who do we think will be up there this year ?

Div 2 Div3
Belco Yass
Adfa Belco
Harman Gungahlin
M/bidgee Anu
Anyone else care to have a crack?

Back