Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Which they literally said they would be doing less scanning in an attempt to keep things moving.

They are also understaffed as far as I know. I have a few family members that work in a number of different areas in Auspost and everyone is currently being forced to take their annual and long service leave to make sure the company doesn't run out of money.

I'm not sure how best to ask this as I have seen a lot of these ratings to be (in my opinion) over-inflated. It'll most likely sound like I am taking pot shots without basis.

I'm questioning what you have seen in Bigoa Nyuon to raise him 7 points and what you have seen in Hugo Ralphsmith to lower him 2 points? They were both 3rd round picks with Ralphsmith going at 46 and Nyuon at 54. In Will Martyn and Noah Cumberland you've dropped Martyn 2 points to be the same as Ralphsmith and Cumberland 5 points to be the same as Nyuon. Being a Brisbane supporter you may have seen a lot more of those two than me but Richmond saw fit to draft them both in the second round at 43 and 44. If anything, all of Martyn, Cumberland and Ralphsmith should be of a similar rating (all being new draftees and all picked within 4 spots of eachother) and Nyuon should be a bit further back as the original rankings had them.

I know this is an overall rating but I do question what has been raised to lift a lot of these players (Eggmolesse-Smith, Naish, Turner, Aarts) lower players (Labmert being the standout but I guess he is subjective) and players you have seen fit to leave alone (Miller, Garthwaite, Dow, Castanga) What stands out to me is someone like Dow has been moved up to equal as Collier-Dawkins yet both were drafted in similar positions and Collier-Dawkins has an extra 12 months in an AFL system. If Dow went as a high first rounder instead of 21 I could understand this example being similar but he went one pick later than Collier-Dawkins. Both are within a point of Jack Ross who has actually played most games when fit.

Balta still is potential so to raise him seven points seems odd. What did you raise to get his overall up? Surely Sydney Stack is streets ahead of Maribor Chol and Balta? Would Bolton not be better than McIntosh?

I appreciate what you are trying to do (and re-rating players certainly needs to be done) but I just cannot agree with some of the ratings you are posting here.

Last edited:

View attachment 853174

hey guys, thought I’d keep you all posted on my delivery status.

My brother messaged me with a photo informing me it was delivered a few hours ago.

For several hours I was under the apprehension that I would shortly be indulging an an out-of-body experience in the form of playing AFL Evolution 2 on my Xbox.

It turns out he was playing a cruel joke.

I am under genuine mental angst.
Ffs Citroin

I'm not sure how best to ask this as I have seen a lot of these ratings to be (in my opinion) over-inflated. It'll most likely sound like I am taking pot shots without basis.

I'm questioning what you have seen in Bigoa Nyuon to raise him 7 points and what you have seen in Hugo Ralphsmith to lower him 2 points? They were both 3rd round picks with Ralphsmith going at 46 and Nyuon at 54. In Will Martyn and Noah Cumberland you've dropped Martyn 2 points to be the same as Ralphsmith and Cumberland 5 points to be the same as Nyuon. Being a Brisbane supporter you may have seen a lot more of those two than me but Richmond saw fit to draft them both in the second round at 43 and 44. If anything, all of Martyn, Cumberland and Ralphsmith should be of a similar rating (all being new draftees and all picked within 4 spots of eachother) and Nyuon should be a bit further back as the original rankings had them.

I know this is an overall rating but I do question what has been raised to lift a lot of these players (Eggmolesse-Smith, Naish, Turner, Aarts) lower players (Labmert being the standout but I guess he is subjective) and players you have seen fit to leave alone (Miller, Garthwaite, Dow, Castanga) What stands out to me is someone like Dow has been moved up to equal as Collier-Dawkins yet both were drafted in similar positions and Collier-Dawkins has an extra 12 months in an AFL system. If Dow went as a high first rounder instead of 21 I could understand this example being similar but he went one pick later than Collier-Dawkins. Both are within a point of Jack Ross who has actually played most games when fit.

Balta still is potential so to raise him seven points seems odd. What did you raise to get his overall up? Surely Sydney Stack is streets ahead of Maribor Chol and Balta? Would Bolton not be better than McIntosh?

I appreciate what you are trying to do (and re-rating players certainly needs to be done) but I just cannot agree with some of the ratings you are posting here.
He isn't using an objective measure, he's just looking at the overall and moving them up or down a couple on feel. It's a waste of time

for those waiting on it, played a game with my brother (arrived this morning), typed some thoughts:
- game plays like footy. seems to open up when players are tired, guys running off to the becnh, rotations in the midfield, periods of time where you can't get it from a pack, periods of time where it's hard to stem the flow of goals. players drop contested marks, lots of spoiling, hard to break away unless you take some risks and are incredibly precise. the core game style is great, huge improvement, very pleased.
- few bugs (camera sometimes goes through the grass after a goal, players springting to the bench mid-play rather than waiting for a stoppage/ball to be at opposite end of ground, 2nd ruck issues).
- buttons feel a bit weird (x and square on ps4 to tap the ball feels awkward) but I put most of this done to being my first game.
- LOVE the clearance kick option, breaks a sequence of stoppages but isn't game-breakingly easy to use, because you can get killed on the rebound.
- set shots are a touch too easy
- player speed is well done, you can actually run away from opponents who are slower and it makes a difference (editing inidividual players to be quicker will help this immensely).
- tactics are great, switched across goal then made a lateral pass to Zorko as the Lions, ran through the middle, hit Hipwood out the back, goal. awesome.
- day night cycle is so good for immersion, done really well.
- commentary is wooden but feels well suited for most part.
- player movement and action more natural.
- issues are easy to fix with sliders and because of the markedly better engine hopefully will have a genuine effect.
- really like how I can fidget and muck around with the menus and have an impact on the game.
- the messaging of playing your own way is true, you can definitely settle into a gamestyle suiting yourself.

Honestly very pleased with the game considering, a massive improvement on EVO1, not 2k or FIFA but I will pour plenty of hours into this bad boy because...it's footy! Will have to play with player ratings, sliders and so on but like it a lot, bugs are not debilitating and hopefully a relatively easy fix.

I'd also add that personally, with no footy on, I will try and immerse myself in this game a fair bit, trying to replicate real life as well as possible. If you're like that then this game does work, tactics aren't incredibly dense but they are a huge extension on EVO1 and do feel like they make a difference.
Sounds good, how are the stats?

He isn't using an objective measure, he's just looking at the overall and moving them up or down a couple on feel. It's a waste of time

I'm not sure. In the recent ratings update for St Kilda he has boosted Jakc Bell (#5 in the rookie draft last year) up 5 points to be on par with Jackosn Ross and Sam Hayes. I can only assume he has some sort of insight and isn't simply guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure. In the recent ratings update for St Kilda he has boosted Jakc Bell (#5 in the rookie draft last year) up 5 points to be on par with Jackosn Ross and Sam Hayes. I can only assume he has some sort of insight and isn't simply guessing.
I think you're being delusional if you think he has sat down an gone through every stat in the game to come out with a rating. He's just looking at blokes and going hmm 75

View attachment 853174

hey guys, thought I’d keep you all posted on my delivery status.

My brother messaged me with a photo informing me it was delivered a few hours ago.

For several hours I was under the apprehension that I would shortly be indulging an an out-of-body experience in the form of playing AFL Evolution 2 on my Xbox.

It turns out he was playing a cruel joke.

I am under genuine mental angst.

What the hell is phoot dims?

Selected stores!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back