Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

could you send me pictures of every teams tactics would love to do it!

It was just a random guess.
I just thought about each team and tried to base it on them.

So explosive teams like Richmond play fast, with extra man behind the ball, neutral setup and medium distance.

Then more methodical teams play slow, defensive setup, short distance positioning.

For kick outs I just mix between press and zone.
And all spoil for the boundary and avoid spilling the ball (I think that's what they are called)

Lost my winning streak dam it because other player lost internet connection and he was leading by 6 points into the second.

I got a loss for it.

Not playing anymore. That's enough for me to quit and play something else. Player that loses internet connection should get the auto loss.

Pissed off now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Toys out of the cot because west coast didn’t get their own way....wow - this game is very realistic! :)

It was just a random guess.
I just thought about each team and tried to base it on them.

So explosive teams like Richmond play fast, with extra man behind the ball, neutral setup and medium distance.

Then more methodical teams play slow, defensive setup, short distance positioning.

For kick outs I just mix between press and zone.
And all spoil for the boundary and avoid spilling the ball (I think that's what they are called)

Yeah right yeah I know roughly how the good sides play it’s more the not so good teams play I’m unsure of there game style

Yeah right yeah I know roughly how the good sides play it’s more the not so good teams play I’m unsure of there game style
Haha neither, Gold Coast a good example.
Slow movement? Defensive? Long Setup? Arguments could be made for the exact opposite.

i think the better way to simulate playing teams like them is to reduce AI Pressure Awareness and Tackle Awareness for that one off game.

Switch version still s**t?
Hasnt got the patch yet but its enjoyable on switch. Lack of tv and loving the team manegment better on the switch its quite good. Computer seems harder to. I played the xbox one version on the highest difficulty and won alot. Switch version i struggle on senior. Matches are closer and its more tense

Finished my season with West Coast the other day. Went into the Grand Final against the Western Bulldogs with Josh Kennedy on 90 goals for the season. Don't think he'd kicked a bag of 10 all year, so I was up against it to try and get his century (five minute quarters). Was my third game against the Bulldogs in the space of four matches (Round 23, Qualifying Final [which went to extra time] and Grand Final). I'm not sure whether players with a high clutch rating make them perform better in big games like GF's, but Luke Shuey went absolutely ballistic. Kicked the first three goals of the game from the midfield. Ended with 26 disposals, six goals and the Norm Smith, unreal numbers for that length of quarters.

Kennedy started quietly but had six goals by half time, so I was quietly confident of getting him the ton. Kicked two in the third quarter, but I just couldn't get find him in the last term. Not sure what my tactics were, I just went with the default when I picked West Coast at the start of the campaign, but my FF in Kennedy was very rarely playing out of the goalsquare, usually found him towards the forward pocket or a bit higher up the ground. Was disappointing to finish with 98 goals, but was a good campaign nonetheless, won the Grand Final by about 60 points.

Now doing a season with Carlton. About eight rounds in, have only dropped one game so far (I know, how unrealistic). It was against North. Was leading all day, by as much as 40 points in the third term, but they came back. I grabbed the lead with about 30 seconds on the clock, but the Roos took it forward and kicked it to an unguarded goalsquare. Zurhaar and my defender were running back and Zurhaar managed to boot it off the ground and give North the lead with about 0.2 seconds remaining.

PC users waiting for the game to come out.
1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squidward.rsquare.w700.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the 2020 AFL Season set to resume with tonight's match between Collingwood and Richmond, we are happy to announce that update 1.03 for Nintendo Switch is now live!

To find out what's new, visit https://www.wickedsports.com.au/community/afl-evolution-2/afl-evolution-2-1-03-patch-notes

Also be sure to keep an eye on AFL Gameday, where Match Centre and Teams of the Week will be getting regular updates.

Enjoy tonight's game!
#AFLEvo2

Will no longer get called rushed behind when kicking from behind the goal line.

Fixed a bug where kicking/handballing through own goals was not called deliberate.

Fixed a bug with umpires/commentators saying "advantage" when ball went out of bounds.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

:D

The game has become 100% better with just those fixed :)

It's been a few weeks for me, I noticed the update downloaded/installed on the Switch as I was about to play Rocket League on it....
I assume the Xbox/PS4 versions got this patch about a week ago ? (I haven't played my Xbox for 2 weeks! - focusing more on ps4/switch game time, wish I was an octopus so I could play all three at once).

PC users waiting for the game to come out.
1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squidward.rsquare.w700.jpg

I know it's a joke as such, but I don't think it can be helped ? There was about a 2 month game between console/pc release of the first Evolution. Fairly sure it was similar with AFL Live back in the day. And (granted not the same developer, but a similar situation with Aussie developers) Big Ant's Cricket series have had a bit of a time game between console and pc release as well.

I'll triple dip and get Evolution 2 on pc, I've had fun with the Xbox and Switch versions. Sounding like a broken record but the pc version of Evolution was amazing compared to the console version. I hope Evolution 2 continues the trend.

Last edited:
I notice when choosing a teams jumper that some teams have the two same jumpers on heritage and pre-season And some have even same jumpers on home and away. Seems a waste of an option.

Would it be to hard for the next update to create a choose your own jumper option? Where you can scroll through jumpers that one has downloaded or created. The crowd could still have original jumpers.

I must say I am enjoying the game immensely and totally worth the price.

Last edited:
Something I noticed playing on the Switch, has the frame rate slowed down for anyone with the new patch (Switch or ps4/xbox) ??

After the patch prior to the current one, I still play with the bare settings (no crowd etc). I've noticed the frame rate chugs along a bit during the final quarter (it's not ALL of the time, but it's there!!). It's a bit jarring to experience again.

I've also had the gameplay teleport a bit - like one second the player is running along the wing...... the next the ball is in the forward 50 WITHOUT seeing the play move from along the wing to the forward 50. Scratching my head there.

The original game was quite realistic based on last night

Would it be to hard for the next update to create a choose your own jumper option? Where you can scroll through jumpers that one has downloaded or created.
I think it may be a licensing thing. Lots of sports games lock the licensed teams while allowing you to do whatever you want with unlicensed ones.

No reason for the heritage and pre-season to be the same other than just classic Wicked Witch hijinks though.

I think it may be a licensing thing. Lots of sports games lock the licensed teams while allowing you to do whatever you want with unlicensed ones.

No reason for the heritage and pre-season to be the same other than just classic Wicked Witch hijinks though.

That possibly explains it.
I was thinking maybe Eddie put a stop to it, in fear that people play Port Adelaide with prison bar jumpers

Hi, first time poster and frustrated Dad with kids going nuts. Just got AFL evolution 2 for Xbox. Have 2 controllers but game treats both controllers as one.
Can’t have kids play on same team or even play on opposing teams. Incredibly annoying.
This only started after I created an Xbox profile for my son and AFL Evolution requires a sign in to get past front screen.
any help much appreciated. Cheers

I think when the second player presses the "start" button 3 line thing on the controller, they then get asked to sign in.
Need to select "as guest"
Thanks for the tip. It worked! Not sure if made a difference but I didn’t let them press anything on 2nd controller until after Guest signed in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back