Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I really need to leave this thread to Sebastian Giompaolo

Something tells me if you stop posting we won't be seeing much of Sebastian.

I'm not the type that likes to make posts so please don't expect to see me too often.
Hello Ross, thank you for stopping me at 4 posts, that 2484 (and climbing) number was giving me heart palpitations. Sebastian

Fancy him joining BigFooty after all these years and not even talking about the game or its future direction and instead getting into an argument with a developer who is actually engaging the community.

Few things. I wanted to edit James Worpel to give him a shaved noggin like he has irl now. Can't do it. WTF?

Surprised at the lack of old teams on the game. Happy to take Hawks 14 though.

What's the deal with kickouts? Had a teammate standing in the square with me, get out the way mate cmon.

Its out on switch. I just got it. When was it released. I though it was gonna be May.

Great news today when I checked the e store.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wonder if the Switch physical copy will be out early too? JB's website still has it at 14/5 release through.

Its out on switch. I just got it. When was it released. I though it was gonna be May.

Great news today when I checked the e store.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A work friend got it on his Switch, I had a look

First impressions: That "troll" poster that said the game looked like ps2 era the other week...... was not far off (granted he was meaning the ps4/xbox one version lol). The frame rate on the Switch looked/felt worse than on ps4/xbox one!!
And the graphics were a little too blurry as well (during the game, the goal celebrations/when players are up close looked ok-ish for a Switch title).

About 9 rounds in my bottom four consisted of Richmond, West Coast, GWS and Brisbane.

That was with the base ratings though, I’ll probably start a new save after I finish this season because I’m not prepared for Jake Pasini to be the leagues next big thing.
I agree, something not right. Maybe even wait for the big patch... If Fremantle are leading the flag, it's time to seriously think about things.

A work friend got it on his Switch, I had a look

First impressions: That "troll" poster that said the game looked like ps2 era the other week...... was not far off (granted he was meaning the ps4/xbox one version lol). The frame rate on the Switch looked/felt worse than on ps4/xbox one!!
And the graphics were a little too blurry as well (during the game, the goal celebrations/when players are up close looked ok-ish for a Switch title).

Was he using docked mode or handheld out of interest?

I wouldn't expect parity due to hardware but you wouldn't want blur or fog effect. 720p handheld 900p docked maybe.

Last edited:
Was he using docked mode or handheld out of interest?

I wouldn't expect parity due to hardware but you wouldn't want blur or fog effect. 720p handheld 900p docked maybe.

Hand held

This was a quick glimpse by the way, if I had have spent 10-15 minutes I would have dissected it properly. I was excited as I've wanted hand held AFL since the first Evolution........ The frame rate was worse than the console version though, which is disappointing.

I'll be keen to see if the pc version runs smoothly or has a frame rate limiter or something :p

Is Razor Ray the only umpire in the game?
That probably explains all the dodgy frees. Like getting called for Throwing when you've just kicked it.

And people say it's not realistic!

Few things. I wanted to edit James Worpel to give him a shaved noggin like he has irl now. Can't do it. WTF?

Surprised at the lack of old teams on the game. Happy to take Hawks 14 though.

What's the deal with kickouts? Had a teammate standing in the square with me, get out the way mate cmon.
To answer your first two points, both can’t be done because of legal and licensing, having classic teams (other than fan created) would be a licensing nightmare and I’m pretty sure you can’t edit licensed AFL/AFLW players either because it’d mess with the facescans or because of legal/licence reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the game too easy on Legend? I'm beating teams by 10 goals repeatedly, can anyone suggest better sliders? Just set the computer to 55 everything.

I bumped up the difficulty and quarter length (to 7.5 min) and played a great derby. First half of the first quarter was an arm wrestle, ball barely went into my forward 50, but I was defending quite well. Then Freo just went BANG and slammed on something like 6 goals. Shit.

West Coast 2.0 (12) Freo 6.3 (39) at quarter time.

Second quarter went goal for goal but I started to close the gap a bit.

West Coast 8.0 (48) Freo 10.3 (63) at half time.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Enter Jack Darling. Unsighted in the first half, he sprung to life in the third, slamming on three goals in no time at all to swing momentum my way. Freo were rattled, and barely fired a shot in the premiership quarter.

West Coast 15.0 (90) Freo 10.5 (65) at three quarter time.

Gotta love how easy goal kicking is! :moustache:

Last quarter I continued my third quarter dominance before Freo kicked some junk time goals towards the end of the game. Freo's dominance in the last not reflected on the scoreboard as they kicked 3.5 to my 3.3, but the ball was in Freo's forward line for the majority of the quarter.

West Coast 18.3 (111) def. Freo 13.10 (88)

Jesse Hogan best for the Dockers, with 4 goals from 15 touches. Walters with 2 from 10. Down the other end JK booted 5 and Darling 4, while the game decided that Brad Sheppard is a forward for some reason, and he kicked 5 :straining: I also had Tom Cole in the ruck for a while :straining:

The AI doing dumb shit like kicking it out on the full under no pressure was balanced out by me doing dumb shit too (usually by hitting the wrong button, Freo's last goal was scored after I accidentally dribbled it to the man on the mark instead of stab kicking it to the free Eagle in the pocket :$ And just in the heat of the moment hitting the wrong button or forgetting what I can do, like bumping and bracing).

Game would have been much closer if it was harder for me to kick goals, and the AI didn't spray it so much. Freo's scoreline much more realistic though, even if some of their misses defied belief.

Looking forward to the patches so that as I get better with the controls etc I don't end up steamrolling them as they spray it all over the place.

EDIT: Used HoneyBadger35 's camera settings and they worked well.

I also just now remembered in-game tactical changes via d-pad. Might have helped stem the bleeding in the first quarter, and Freo dominating the last everywhere but the scoreboard.

For people that have used them, do they make much of a difference?

Just had the weirdest game in career mode. Was playing as North Melbourne against Fremantle in Hobart on veteran difficulty. It was quite windy blowing right across the ground, so kicking for goal was tough. Every time Fremantle took the kick-in, they would play on, run to the back pocket and boot it into the next hemisphere out on the full. I had about 40 shots throughout the game from deep in the pocket, usually with a breeze blowing away from goal. Final score ended up at 27.29.191. Kind of frustrating but also a good chance for me to practice banana and snap kicks. What's the easiest way of lining them up? There's no real way of finding out whether the snap or banana is going to find the middle of the goals, most of the time I find it ends up in the opposite pocket.

Also had a weird one in the aftermath. Tarryn Thomas was suspended for three weeks, yet when I go to change my team for the next game, he's still in my forward pocket. Kayne Turner was also given a two game ban, but he wasn't even in my team.

Evo 2: "Use your body to bump in marking contests"

Also Evo 2:

They need to change the match objective for making x amounts of bumps to give away x amount of charging free kicks

whenever I get it now I just do it as soon as the ball is bounced

Evo 2: "Use your body to bump in marking contests"

Also Evo 2:

I think this comes down to timing
I feel like when you go with the bump a bit too early in a contest it’s a lot more aggressive
However on the flip, if you wait a little longer you win prime position
There’s also a slider to reduce charging rates
Maybe give that a bit of a tinker

Speaking of little dev oopsies, this looks like someone forgot to make sure ALL the publishing package images were updated for Xbox. I know how it can happen, but usually its when people are getting rushed to the finish line. I'm sure the person feels terrible, but hey, if they are reading this.. the sun will come up tomorrow and you'll hopefully have your health.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back