AFL Evolution 2

The PS4 and XBox versions were released yesterday earlier than the scheduled 23 April. There has been no announcement yet whether the Switch version will be released before its scheduled 14 May release. I am likely to wait for the Switch version, which I hope will also be expedited. I look forward to getting some basic skills and challenging some of you.

Anyone started playing yet?

Not a gamer, but the graphics in the preview on Twitter and Facebook look very cheap.

Really? You realise an independent company with a small budget made this and not EA right?

The gameplay is really good, I don't see why you felt the need to chime in with a negative comment for the sake of it.

The Blues couldn't contain our forwards led by 3KZ is Football main man Dan ;)

15858776996037937246890277290053.jpg

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Really? You realise an independent company with a small budget made this and not EA right?

The gameplay is really good, I don't see why you felt the need to chime in with a negative comment for the sake of it.
I don’t see what the issue is here.

I made a comment the graphics look cheap.

Do they not look cheap?

As I said, I’m not a gamer, but my first impressions were not positive.

First impressions do count in a commercial sense.

Maybe the AFL should have partnered with EA Sports.

I’ve seen game previews where the graphics are just as good as what you’ll see in a cgi movie.

Last edited:
I don’t see what the issue is here.

I made a comment the graphics look cheap.

Do they not look cheap?

As I said, I’m not a gamer, but my first impressions were not positive.

First impressions do count in a commercial sense.

Maybe the AFL should have partnered with EA Sports. Honey

I’ve seen game previews where the graphics are just as good as what you’ll see in a cgi movie.

Ok bud.

Nah, you went a bit overboard just because someone doesn't think the graphics looks great - a valid criticism that gets brought up in legitimate game reviews all the time, regardless of the studio putting it out.

Nah, you went a bit overboard just because someone doesn't think the graphics looks great - a valid criticism that gets brought up in legitimate game reviews all the time, regardless of the studio putting it out.

Is it really a valid criticism though?

If Wicked Witch had the budget of an EA, graphics would not be an issue. It's an improvement over the previous graphics and even if it was on par with Evo one it just seems petty to comment on something you don't have any interest in as Briztoon even admitted, without actually acknowledging why the graphics are the way they are.

In a time where the world is going through extreme hardship, pointless negatively is even more annoying than usual.

Anywho moving on.

Is it really a valid criticism though?

Yep. It's a computer game, a visual medium (in the large part - a text-based AFL game would be interesting).

If Wicked Witch had the budget of an EA, graphics would not be an issue. It's an improvement over the previous graphics and even if it was on par with Evo one it just seems petty to comment on something you don't have any interest in as Briztoon even admitted, without actually acknowledging why the graphics are the way they are.

I struggle to believe you have never issued criticism of something without fully researching and disclaiming reasons as to why the target of your criticism is the way it is.

It's great that you want to stick up for the studio involved. The first line of your original post would've gotten that across. But claiming it's a negative comment for the sake of it is misrepresenting the post - visuals are an important part of gaming for a lot of people. And even though it's a small studio, it's still selling at the same price of premium games so the expectations should be set at that standard.

In a time where the world is going through extreme hardship, pointless negatively is even more annoying than usual.

That's some awesome deflection.

Yep. It's a computer game, a visual medium (in the large part - a text-based AFL game would be interesting).

I struggle to believe you have never issued criticism of something without fully researching and disclaiming reasons as to why the target of your criticism is the way it is.

It's great that you want to stick up for the studio involved. The first line of your original post would've gotten that across. But claiming it's a negative comment for the sake of it is misrepresenting the post - visuals are an important part of gaming for a lot of people. And even though it's a small studio, it's still selling at the same price of premium games so the expectations should be set at that standard.

That's some awesome deflection.

Alright mate. I'm not going to waste my time on this any further. Agree to disagree. 👍

Maybe the AFL should have partnered with EA Sports.

Yeah that's not how budgets work champ.

EA Sports spend more money on their menus as Australian game developers spend on their entire game.

Genuine question out of interest, why are we playing the Blues in Round 3 instead of the Crows?

Was the Marsh Series game.

Dan has gone on to dominate the past few weeks and heading into round 18 has already kicked 32 goals. The boy has some confidence!

Back