AFL Evolution - Out May 5 - (Cont in LAUNCH THREAD - link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eb guy said the trailer will be around aus day.
Release date mid to end of feb.
I pre-ordered at EB yesterday. manager mentioned round 1 release (pretty confident). he has heard an official announcement from wicked witch with trailer end of January.
Think they have spoken a few porkies there. (saw this on facebook)
rrdg.jpg

Aren't staff at EB generally the sort of bloke who has a pr0n subscription and no other interests, but acts smugly and arrogant about it? And don't get me started on the women who work there.

I buy like two games a year on average and it's generally sports ones, but man whenever I'm in there the joint shits me.

You tell us, hows work been? lol

Aren't staff at EB generally the sort of bloke who has a pr0n subscription and no other interests, but acts smugly and arrogant about it? And don't get me started on the women who work there.

I buy like two games a year on average and it's generally sports ones, but man whenever I'm in there the joint shits me.

The blokes are more like guys who play a lot of games and no other interests. They're undoubtedly some of the most unduly arrogant people on the planet, though.

And the women who work there are your mildly attractive pseudo-nerd girls who are employed because they made the hiring manager's dick hard during their interview.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/07/inside-eb-games-when-the-dream-job-becomes-a-nightmare/

The issue I have with game retailers spreading information is A. Its probably bullshit and B. Its not factual. You could walk into ten different EB Games and ask when the game is coming out, and you'd likely get a different answer each time. It happened with AFL Live 1 I remember.

Alright serious question for everyone: lets say AFL Evolution is very-well received, sells a lot and breaks an even profit for WW/TB, does that mean AFL becomes a yearly game series like FIFA, or DLC for maybe 2 seasons and then a new game?

Alright serious question for everyone: lets say AFL Evolution is very-well received, sells a lot and breaks an even profit for WW/TB, does that mean AFL becomes a yearly game series like FIFA, or DLC for maybe 2 seasons and then a new game?
2017 release
2018 DLC with 2018 lists and ratings
2019 new game

Would be my guess

I must be lucky, the guys at my local EB seem fine. Of course I give them money, they give me games, is about as far as the relationship has gone.
Yeah same here, my EB seems fine as well.

If this thing is good and sells even better, the update won't be a downloadable set of lists... it'll be a whole new game... and they won't change much more than that.

And the same thing will happen for 2019. And 2020.

But if it's a great game, I won't give two shits tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideal for me would be 2 years of DLC and updated lists with a new edition every third year. Plenty of time for development so each full edition feels like a real step forward.

Even if it is good the first year will probably be fixing bugs and adding features and if the online/fan side of it works another year isn't going to be too much of a chore even if the updates dry up.

Would you happily pay for a yearly DLC that included lists/jumpers/stadiums etc?

For me anything around $10 would be fine as long as the game was solid and the DLC covered all new season changes.

I'd be happy with that, but excuse me if I have some doubts about the credibility of an account named 'GawnFishing' who's just joined the site and made his first post.

Well I thought I better post this. I have been just lurking the forums and listening to everyone whine so I didn't bother making an account
Besides the name is a pun :/

Well I thought I better post this. I have been just lurking the forums and listening to everyone whine so I didn't bother making an account
Besides the name is a pun :/
Come around and say hi on the melbourne board sometime

I didn't realize that the 27th-29th is 'in the next few days' lol. Ill take this post with a grain of salt. I call fake.

Either two situations. They got hacked and someone is having a joke or they posted it too early. So I agree I am also cautious about the post I would have thought they would have posted here first like last time but we are dealing with wicked witch.

I must be lucky, the guys at my local EB seem fine. Of course I give them money, they give me games, is about as far as the relationship has gone.
Mine are great too, being mates with a guy who works there helps, but the other employees are cool too. I was more pointing out that as friendly and helpful as mine are, they wouldn't know s**t about secret trailers and release dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back