AFL - first week of finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Generally speaking I only get involved in H-H bets or line bets, the exotics is not what I am interested in at all.

With that said, about 6 weeks ago I did place a bet for pies/judd/franklin paying about ~$8 so Im just waiting for that to pan out hopefully.

Generally speaking I only get involved in H-H bets or line bets, the exotics is not what I am interested in at all.

With that said, about 6 weeks ago I did place a bet for pies/judd/franklin paying about ~$8 so Im just waiting for that to pan out hopefully.

Solid.

What was your outlay?

got on the same multi a few months back and also did one with Riewoldt instead of Buddy to sort of hedge my bets as they were neck and neck at the time. Got about $25 for the buddy multi. Good luck for it! :p

What are your thoughts on the following Multi's?
  • Geelong -39.5
  • Collingwood +15.5
  • St Kilda - 39.5
  • Carlton +39.5
and
  • Hawthorn -39.5
  • Collingwood +15.5
  • St Kilda -39.5
  • Carlton +39.5
First one is paying around $33 and second one is paying $27.70 at the moment. Both will be bet on to cover that Geelong/Hawthorn final, so it's not a comparison, but an opinion on both.

There is no way the friday night final will be diceded by more than 40 points. Wasting your money.

not sure if it has been mentioned already, but the pies over 39.5 is the one that jumps off the page at me.

to me, west coast are overrated, and will be completely outclassed by a pies side that got the reality last week that they needed.
better than an even money chance in my book, so the 2.35 odds look great.

without being biased, i also think that carlton over 39.5 is worth a look as well. a bit more speculative than the previous bet, as the 3.40 quote suggests, but I can see us coming out with a hard-edged approach with the memories of the last 2 years in the back of our minds.

There is no way Juddy will allow us to go 0-3, and once the frontrunners at Essendon wilt I wouldn't be surprised if we blow them out as we did in our last h&a meeting.

Third and final leg I like is st kilda vs sydney to score 150 points or less. at odds of 2.10 and looks a formality. will be a low scoring arm wrestle.

combined odds of those 3 is 16.78. ambitious, but definitely a chance

Fairly sure he has his + and - the wrong way around I think it's gee and haw under 40 and Coll over 16 etc...

Ughh *facepalm* that's embarassing. :eek:

I'm new to this, I assumed - meant under and + meant over.

I'll have to fix it up next time I'm on a computer (typing from an ancient iPhone is frustrating enough, let alone editing posts) otherwise if a mod sees this can you please do it?

Now that that's sorted, what do you guys think of the suggestions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pies, saints and carlton are all locks...

geelong hawks is anyone's guess, id say geelong, but its a no bet game for me...

GL everyone

What are your thoughts on the following Multi's?
  • Geelong -39.5
  • Collingwood +15.5
  • St Kilda - 39.5
  • Carlton +39.5
and
  • Hawthorn -39.5
  • Collingwood +15.5
  • St Kilda -39.5
  • Carlton +39.5
First one is paying around $33 and second one is paying $27.70 at the moment. Both will be bet on to cover that Geelong/Hawthorn final, so it's not a comparison, but an opinion on both.

There is no point in taking two seperate multi's. Ill give you an example on sportingbet, lets call your multi's above A & B and you plan to outlay $20.

Multi A is $19.95 x 10 = $199.95

Multi B is $24.48 x 10 = $244.89

What I would suggest doing is taking Either team under 39.5 in the first game therefore only having one multi consisting of :

Gee/Haw Either team under 39.5
Col over 15.5
Stk under 39.5
Carl over 39.5
@11.24 x 20 = $224.93

There is no point in taking two seperate multi's. Ill give you an example on sportingbet, lets call your multi's above A & B and you plan to outlay $20.

Multi A is $19.95 x 10 = $199.95

Multi B is $24.48 x 10 = $244.89

What I would suggest doing is taking Either team under 39.5 in the first game therefore only having one multi consisting of :

Gee/Haw Either team under 39.5
Col over 15.5
Stk under 39.5
Carl over 39.5
@11.24 x 20 = $224.93

Wow you know your stuff, I didn't think about that.

I hadn't seen that Gee/Haw under 39 bet before you mentioned it. Is that just at the TAB? I don't do that online betting.

This has to be one of the most fascinating weekends from a betting perspective. The H-H values are low and yet arguably each game appears on the surface to be potentially 50-50.

If your looking value, the realistically all the outsiders are value this weekend.

Given recent past history/venue/injures/form, I see the Pies/Cats/Blues winning with a question mark over the Saints getting over the line.

There is thoughts in here about Pies +39.5, which I must say IMO is not a bad bet. Given the venue and their domination for 99.9% of the year. This is September, experience and hard bodies matter the most.

I heard an interesting review on Foxtel about the top three teams.

You had the Pies that played their team but rested during a game, you had the Hawks that rested players but went in hard during the game and finally you had the Cats that didnt rest and went in hard during the game.

The winners of this weekend will surely come under immense scrutiny post match analysis for their lead up to these games.

Has anyone done any analysis about performance post bye about a team winning as this will apply to Dons and partially to hawks to a smaller extent ?

There is thoughts in here about Pies +39.5, which I must say IMO is not a bad bet. Given the venue and their domination for 99.9% of the year. This is September, experience and hard bodies matter the most.
Your terminology is incorrect here. +39.5 means the Pies with a 39.5 point head start. You need to say Pies -39.5, 39.5+ or >39.5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back