AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 21 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips for an epic noob here but finding the rookie setting unforgiving.

What's the best way to address opposition players zoning off yours that easily find space and any forward player that burns you way too easily on the lead?

Struggling big time with these two things.

Also, is the gameplay that non stop, that basically anytime there is a loose ball in the midfield, your only hope is to handball out as anyone within 5 meters of you will tackle you as you kick?

No complaints here, just a casual suckie gamer trying stick at it with a more challenging title. :)

Would it be easier to create a new thread for noobs/beginners/silly people like me?

By much or?

I reckon there should be a 'perfect' difficulty level for future versions for people who can beat Veteran quite easy. It should give them a real challenge, basically have to play a perfect game to beat the computer.
Just an idea. (Doubt anyone would beat it though, but still).

Increase the difficulty! Have you not read above posts and FaceBook, you want to get me lynched!?! :)

This game is anything but fast paced. Anyone within 5 metres of you is five times quicker than you so you get tackled, and there's no options ever because the players just follow each other around. I realize most of my problems are probably because I just bought the game and I suck at it, but they're two things I've noticed so far.

haha he wasn't keen for a rematch.. i was gonna do freo vs freo. Purple vs White lol

OFFTOPIC:

I'll tell him he has to be GC if you like?

Edit: He's eating as he just got back from training at 8 - he'll be back on soon....

Would it be easier to create a new thread for noobs/beginners/silly people like me?
I'll give you a tip with the Backmen issue, go to:
- Team management
- Team tactics
- I think it's defence or something.... change it to "in front" Means your defenders will play infron and then less likely for the oposition to mark on the lead.
Although i have had a few go over the top to them haha.

just played my first 3 games and i think its a really good effort for a first time release.

it was frustrating at the start but as people have said changing the player swith to manual really does help. i also had no problem with the commentary or the computer kicking out on the full from the kick ins. I think some people complaining of the gameplay need to have a good read of the manual as a lot of the questions im reading the answers can be found in there.

the longivity of the game for me will depend on how good the custom team, football factory works, disapointed to hear you only have 7m to play with but im willing to give it a go to see how it works.

well done to Ross and everyone else involved :thumbsu:

oi oi oi oi before he goes taking it easy on people, i want a crack at him!!

AntonyAtBigAnt on both PSN and XBLA - he prefers PSN (hates the Xbox controller, so I'd play him on Xbox :) ).

just played my first 3 games and i think its a really good effort for a first time release.

it was frustrating at the start but as people have said changing the player swith to manual really does help. i also had no problem with the commentary or the computer kicking out on the full from the kick ins. I think some people complaining of the gameplay need to have a good read of the manual as a lot of the questions im reading the answers can be found in there.

the longivity of the game for me will depend on how good the custom team, football factory works, disapointed to hear you only have 7m to play with but im willing to give it a go to see how it works.

well done to Ross and everyone else involved :thumbsu:

A tip on the kick-ins, be sure to use L2 to lock onto a receiver. Make sure you only hit the left stick after it's kicked (I've seen many kick it and pull back on the stick too early before it's disposed of and the kick goes backwards or out).

Playing on from the kick-in is a pretty safe option too.

Must feel pretty good Ross that alot of the haters have come round once they've learnt the controls. Kinda proves the depth within gameplay if you look at it in positive light. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tip on the kick-ins, be sure to use L2 to lock onto a receiver. Make sure you only hit the left stick after it's kicked (I've seen many kick it and pull back on the stick too early before it's disposed of and the kick goes backwards or out).

Playing on from the kick-in is a pretty safe option too.

I Generally go the Chris Newman, play on and torp.

Ross, what's the AI difficulty set to for online co-op matches? Would have been cool to be able to make a custom private match where you could change qtr length and difficulty.

Loving the game though apart from a couple things which have already been pointed out, but definitely isn't gonna stop me enjoying the hell out of it!!!

I'll give you a tip with the Backmen issue, go to:
- Team management
- Team tactics
- I think it's defence or something.... change it to "in front" Means your defenders will play infron and then less likely for the oposition to mark on the lead.
Although i have had a few go over the top to them haha.

Cheers mate. :)

Hard to get used to the pace of the game, but gradually improving.

It's very hard to de-program yourself from FIFA!

Lynched? Hmm a bit confused on your response..
So you have mentioned about the increased difficulty level or?
(Not sure, if you're having a go at me or not) Hmm...
P.S: Haven't read the posts on facebook.

Not having a go - everyone says the game is toooo hard! :)

Must feel pretty good Ross that alot of the haters have come round once they've learnt the controls. Kinda proves the depth within gameplay if you look at it in positive light. :D

Hopefully. Someone above got it right when they talked of "deprogramming" - we get used to playing with particular styles of button press, especially those used the previous games.

Lol yeah I was doing alright up untill half time. Bout 15 points. Kept overrunning the ball or doing u-turns when i select them! That being said, he was still better lol. Always in front somehow, and ALWAYS a man to give hands off to when being tackled.

Is there a way to call a man to you or something, because they seem to run away from the ball carrier at times when being tackled, and when you want them to run to space so you can draw a man they decide to run at you!! Haha, once I figure this out I'll be right

ross if his on ps3, tell him to send me an invite.

PSN-stavro4

OFFTOPIC: He's on his way - it's past his bedtime so he is stoked to stay up to play! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back