Aug 16, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
afllogo.png

AFL Rebooted: Sydney Rangers
The first team in the new hypothetical league is the 'Sydney Rangers', named to represent both the Blue Mountains (mountain ranges) and Bushrangers such as Captain Thunderbolt.

Design a kit for the Sydney Rangers, including home and clash jumpers and a logo. Feel free to use some creative license with the team name if you wish: Sydney Rangers, Harbourside Mountaineers, Harbour City Thunderbolts, etc.

One entry per person; one image per entry. The competition is scheduled to conclude on Saturday 13 August, however entries can be submitted until the polls are created.

sydneyrangers.png

The 'Sydney Rangers' colours are light blue (the NSW state colour) and charcoal, with white and silver as secondary colours. The home jumper jumper is predominantly blue and features a charcoal vee (which represents both a ranger's bandanna and an inverted mountain), with subtly stylised lightning flashes (which are a reference to New South Wales' most infamous bushranger, Captain Thunderbolt). The clash jumper is a recoloured version of the home jumper.

just finished my design and had a look at craegus's, and noticed my design looks exactly like his:eek:, just saying in no way did i copy him:thumbsu:

There's only so many ways to draw a mountain mate. They look nothing alike... :thumbsu:

Sydney Rangers

Colours: Sky blue, medium blue, white
Mascot: A bushranger (that looks suspiciously like Frederick Ward, "Captain Thunderbolt"
Sponsors: Front - Westpac; Back - Bing Lee; Shorts - Oporto

The design of all three kits is meant to be simple, with a vee on all of them, in an attempt to become the team that embraces all things traditional and unchanging. They also all feature the SFC monogram watermarked on the bottom half of the jumpers (ie. underneath the vees). The vee could also be construed as being a valley between the "ranges".

Click on the preview for a full-sized image.

Sydney Rangers

Home Ground: SCG
Colours: Sky Blue, Charcoal and Silver.

Sydney-Rangers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back