Discussion AFL Supercoach 2024 Bye Rounds Fixture Solution

Is this the best solution for the crappy bye rounds fixture?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • AFL blew it I'm out

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEESNUTSRBIG

Rookie
Feb 18, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Round Zero - Top 10 scores count
Round 2, 3, 5, 6 - Top 20 scores count

9 games/22 scores = 40.9%
8 games/20 scores = 40%
4 games/10 scores = 40%

Starting team 30 players / 9 = 3.33 x4 = 13.3 players

So starting teams will need about 13 players playing in round zero. Although plenty of strategy could come into it depending how players score in the early games. The last game of the round Coll vs GWS could see teams adding or swapping players out depending on their score from the first 3 matches. If the rookies do well in the early games might only need 11 or 12 players playing in round zero. Or if a team gets multiple dud rookie scores might want to bring in a another playing premo or two.

11-14 players from Melb/Syd, Carl/Bris, Rich/GC, Coll/GWS for your starting teams seems ok, not great but ok.

Man this is tough for rookies since none of those teams have good/viable rookies.
7-8 premos and 2-3 mid pricers and you are done for the round. Plenty of good value premos playing in round zero to choose from.
In all seriousness rookies always pop up even from better teams.
I would likely start 12 players for round zero so only need 2 rookies.

8 games/20 scores = 40%
4 games/10 scores = 40%

So starting teams will need about 13 players playing in round zero. Although plenty of strategy could come into it depending how players score in the early games. The last game of the round Coll vs GWS could see teams adding or swapping players out depending on their score from the first 3 matches. If the rookies do well in the early games might only need 11 or 12 players playing in round zero. Or if a team gets multiple dud rookie scores might want to bring in a another playing premo or two.

11-14 players from Melb/Syd, Carl/Bris, Rich/GC, Coll/GWS for your starting teams seems ok, not great but ok.
M Night Shyamalan Thinking GIF by Apple TV+

8 games/20 scores = 40%
4 games/10 scores = 40%

Thank god we still have 3-4 months to digest this post .....great work though !

Just make all rounds including bye rounds and opening round best 22.
Simplest for them to program. Fairest with all players having all their scores valid.

Can chose to have 22 playing in one bye round and score more but punished by having less players in other bye rounds.
Can spread your bye players out as much as possible and save trades or play aggressive and burn sideways trades.

Last edited:
Just make all rounds including bye rounds and opening round best 22.
Simplest for them to program. Fairest with all players having all their scores valid.

Can chose to have 22 playing in one bye round and score more but punished by having less players in other bye rounds.
Can spread your bye players out as much as possible and save trades or play aggressive and burn sideways trades.
When given the option, I also choose violence.

Round 0 carry over points?
Make a team for round 0 but no score for round 0. Player scores in your round 0 team can then be fielded during their bye.

If i have Walsh round 0 and scores 150, i can field him round 2 in his bye and get his 150 score.
But if i dont field him round 0, even if i then trade and field him in his round 2 bye i get 0.

Round 0 carry over points?
Make a team for round 0 but no score for round 0. Player scores in your round 0 team can then be fielded during their bye.

If i have Walsh round 0 and scores 150, i can field him round 2 in his bye and get his 150 score.
But if i dont field him round 0, even if i then trade and field him in his round 2 bye i get 0.

Would be ideal, but imagine that falls in the too hard basket for them to program.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not hard at all. I'm doing just that in a keeper league. Just like having a bunch of Thursday night games and locking the scores in for later the same round.

You tell that to Timmy Michell and the crew, he'll have a cry and block ya haha

Would be ideal, but imagine that falls in the too hard basket for them to program.
They still use this for the eagles players even though haven't worn that guernsey since 2015;
1702707854214.png
If they cant even fix that, then i too have little faith in their programming abilities to solve the round zero bye

They still use this for the eagles players even though haven't worn that guernsey since 2015;
View attachment 1872783
If they cant even fix that, then i too have little faith in their programming abilities to solve the round zero bye
All they seem to do is "best 18" and more trades.

Th opening being a bit later than the last few years makes me optimistic they are going to do something different.

Opening Round + Round 1 is a split round system.

Players from clubs that play the opening round utilise a trade to trade out.

Overall squad size is increased to 36, all via bench positions (two extra defenders and forwards, an extra midfielder, an extra ruck).

Base Trades per week is increased to 3.

Maybe increase overall trades? Not too sure.

Starting $ increased to $12M.

Opening Round: Best 15
Early bye rounds: Best 20
Other Bye Rounds: Best 18

You must select 16 players from opening round clubs. You can select more, but obviously there's diminishing returns with Best 15, and any opening round players you select cost a trade to trade out in Round 1.

Either the rest of the squad is filled with Round 1 players, or left blank, depending on the software.

We need a system that isn't too swingy, that neither makes opening round irrelevant nor absolutely vital for the whole season. Diluting the impact by increasing the number of selections I think is the way to go.

Have they announced what they are doing yet.
Yes. Starting round 1 not round 0.
KFC SUPERCOACH START 2024
  • The KFC SuperCoach AFL season will begin in round 1, and not in Opening Round.
  • Opening Round stats will be taken into account for price changes and live scoring in some form will be available to SC Plus subscribers during the four matches.
  • It will best 18 scoring for all bye rounds, including the two-team bye weekends in rounds 2, 3, 5 and 6.
  • Any changes in the number of allocated trades will be confirmed in January, along with full gameplay details for 2024.

Yes. Starting round 1 not round 0.
KFC SUPERCOACH START 2024
  • The KFC SuperCoach AFL season will begin in round 1, and not in Opening Round.
  • Opening Round stats will be taken into account for price changes and live scoring in some form will be available to SC Plus subscribers during the four matches.
  • It will best 18 scoring for all bye rounds, including the two-team bye weekends in rounds 2, 3, 5 and 6.
  • Any changes in the number of allocated trades will be confirmed in January, along with full gameplay details for 2024.
You going to give it a lash this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back