AFLQ state association Div2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are very quiet in Div 2 this year considering praccy matches are only weeks away, new teams have joined the division and some have left as recent as last week.

Anyone got anything to report on their team, how they are travelling in the preseason, new recruits etc.

I can tell you now the Buffs are getting great numbers to pre season and will be a very fresh faced and exciting team this year in both seniors and ressies.

Some Rumors I have heard that could use some clarification,

Logan - 15 odd players at training and have lost a few

Calamvale - Good numbers and a bit of an unknown

Caboolture - to be very strong again

Otherwise things are very quiet around the traps.

Looking forward to Round 1 against your boys Morro. Look to the Red Lions to be a much improved unit this year in Division 2.

The only shame is our home ground will still be getting repaired from the flood by the time Round 1 comes around :( But thats ok, Marooka is just down the road from the Norman Hotel :D

Yeah the grounds looking beautiful. Had to go out there yesterday and the ground is looking nice and green, but I'm guessing it won't be 100% for a few more weeks.

Very positive vibe about our squad this year. Really pushing and training hard so far and getting good numbers aswell. And uni semester hasn't even started yet, I expect we'd get some more youth in the next week or two coming down.

Hi Moz,

Yes, it has been a bit quiet on the boards... Been very busy myself so didn't think to check here for a while so I am sure others will start to do so now that season is closer... You coaching the 2's again?? Not good news about Logan, they laid a solid foundation last year... I hear Coomera have lost heaps as they have all headed back to Robina....

By the time you get onto Oval 7, it will be in excellent condition... P&F boys there have done an amazing job... In parts it was a metre thick in mud...

Anyone know their praccy game schedule yet?

26th of feb, ipswich v logan
caboolture v nambour
redcliffe v beenleigh
moorooka v uq
coomera v calamvale

first teams home teams.

5th of march, carnivals at redcliffe and moorooka, with uq and ipswich going up to join the three northern teams. All clubs have been aware of this for some time.

Fully aware? First I've heard of a carnival and I've only missed a pre-christmas training session!!!!

I'm pumped for footy. Practice match or not, I want to put years of misery.

I heard we've got Caboolture in our second praccy match though.

On the 5th, Uq play redcliffe at 1pm and caboolture at 3pm . This wasnt decided pre christams as it is a fundraiser for flood affected clubs, like yours.still shame on you for missing training.

Hi Moz,

Yes, it has been a bit quiet on the boards... Been very busy myself so didn't think to check here for a while so I am sure others will start to do so now that season is closer... You coaching the 2's again?? Not good news about Logan, they laid a solid foundation last year... I hear Coomera have lost heaps as they have all headed back to Robina....

I've only been on the track the last 2 weeks because of work commitments due to the recent flood crisis, but there has been plenty at training for the Cobras. The lads are fit and firing under the regime of new Senior Coach Skidmore and can't wait for our first pre-season hitout against Ipswich in a couple of weeks time...

Hi Moz,

Yeah mate, coaching the 2's again, although it aged me 10 years I do bloody love it.

Just posted from Holla that the numbers have improved at Logan, so that is good, and good for the competition.

Are the rumours true that you guys have picked up a few?

Does anyome know of any big recruits this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, we certainly don't recruit as actively as we should but have had a few guys walk in off the street who look ok... Mainly just kids coming back to the club who played jnrs there, went to Mt Gravatt as talent, got shafted, then found booze and girls and are now 21 and realise they miss footy... So we have about 5 or 6 of those... As always, they look great on the track but they have to be able to play a game plan and also go in and get it so time will tell.....

Good to hear Holla that there are blokes on the track... I hear a handful went out to Ipswich, that right??

Yeah, we certainly don't recruit as actively as we should but have had a few guys walk in off the street who look ok... Mainly just kids coming back to the club who played jnrs there, went to Mt Gravatt as talent, got shafted, then found booze and girls and are now 21 and realise they miss footy... So we have about 5 or 6 of those... As always, they look great on the track but they have to be able to play a game plan and also go in and get it so time will tell.....

Good to hear Holla that there are blokes on the track... I hear a handful went out to Ipswich, that right??

Good to hear you guys at Calamvale are getting some more numbers there, getting better each year which is good for the league!

We've had several new recruits on the track and some of them look promising, will find out how handy they are once we get into playing some matches.

I haven't heard of anyone going to Ipswich, only way I could see that happening is if they moved out that way to live.

Things are very quiet in Div 2 this year considering praccy matches are only weeks away, new teams have joined the division and some have left as recent as last week.

Anyone got anything to report on their team, how they are travelling in the preseason, new recruits etc.

I can tell you now the Buffs are getting great numbers to pre season and will be a very fresh faced and exciting team this year in both seniors and ressies.

Some Rumors I have heard that could use some clarification,

Logan - 15 odd players at training and have lost a few

Calamvale - Good numbers and a bit of an unknown

Caboolture - to be very strong again

Otherwise things are very quiet around the traps.

Morro on my way home to the coast last night i called in to see the mighty Buffs being put through there paces, there were 30 on the track which i thought was pretty good for a Monday, Only to find out you are fielding 3 senior sides.(10 per team) I sat up on the hill for an hour, and i'm sorry to say Morro the coaching staff including your good self have some work to do.
The skills were terrible, couldn't hit a target, and when they did (rarely) the bloke on the other end couldn't mark it. It's never to late to go back to the basics and learn to kick and mark.

I couldn't reconise to many players from last year that got the mighty Buffs through to the big Game, Have you parted ways with a few? Munga the sniper was there and the big pea heart G and the ADONIS (Nicko) how good did he look running around with the shirt off and the yellow boots.

I wish the Buffs and all the teams in Div 2 all the best for the 2011 season and think the new teams wil surprise a few dont take them to lightly.

Well "MYMate", who I have no idea who you are Haha.

Firstly last night was the worst turnout we have had for a long time. Bloody Valentines day delivered quite a few messages to us, the coaching staff, and in turn, many young men chose the safer option of looking after their better halves thus not training.(including myself)

The skills may not have looked too sharp based on the fact we have a number of 3rds training with us, and a few newbies who may or may not be up to it. However your advice is welcome, you are never too old to learn.

We have lost a few, but have gained far more than we have lost.

Say what you will but dont insult the Munga, a sniper is usually soft, and he is far from it.

And yes Nicko, he is very bronzed and should get the 12-17 year old girls very excited indeed. Will have a big season though, added some size and super quick.

We are in no position to take anyone lightly kind sir, we are as much an unknown as the newbies this year with all the new players at the club.

Exciting times at Buffland as we witness a changing in the guard.

Ps. How about sending me an email, or are you going to hide behind the username (which I am a fan of by the way) :thumbsu:

I have now had a chance to have a gander at a both the Cobbies and also the Buffs and plan to drop in on the Maggies soon so will keep you posted.

Buffs seem to have heaps more players on the track than the Cobs, however looks as if they have lost a few. Morro could probably give more detail, but I am hearing that their CHB (close to the best in the comp) has left for a club closer to his home? Also quite a few players from last years GF yet to turn up and a fair number have already informed the new coach they wont be back.

However I am hearing that they have landed a big fish, one who could tear this league a new one.....Morro?

At the Cobs, pretty light on for numbers, training was ok. It may have been an off night but they to seem to have lost a few of their best players from last year...unless they went back home for a holiday?

Yeah mate have lost a few, maybe 3-4 of our very best players if I am honest.

There are 2 big signings, but I would prefer not to add any extra pressure to those boys.(neither were there Monday) Then there are a few Pineapple cup players, maybe 3 or so that have signed up. Those 5 boys will potentially make up 5 of our top 6 players.

I believe we will be much stronger than last year but with so many new faces and a new coach and game plan it may take time to gel.

The big CHB is back training with us and looking forward to playing his 100th game this year. Was a close call but we are over the moon he decided to stay on.

I'd say we have picked up more than we have lost at the buffs... would you agree morro?

Looked good for our first split last night. as usual 2's and 3;s are going to need some work on the basics and learning about each other but i think we are in a good position to go forward.

Where do you hail from One 2 Roo?

At the Cobs, pretty light on for numbers, training was ok. It may have been an off night but they to seem to have lost a few of their best players from last year...unless they went back home for a holiday?

Depends on who you classify as the best players at Cobra Land? Personally none of our best players have left from last season...

Yeah mate have lost a few, maybe 3-4 of our very best players if I am honest.

There are 2 big signings, but I would prefer not to add any extra pressure to those boys.(neither were there Monday) Then there are a few Pineapple cup players, maybe 3 or so that have signed up. Those 5 boys will potentially make up 5 of our top 6 players.

I believe we will be much stronger than last year but with so many new faces and a new coach and game plan it may take time to gel.

The big CHB is back training with us and looking forward to playing his 100th game this year. Was a close call but we are over the moon he decided to stay on.

Good to hear about the big fella - great news about his 100th!

I am fairly confident of knowing who the one of the major signings is - a real coup for the club and the league. Intruiged to find out who the other is....any hints?

The PHC players - care to the name the clubs? Senior PHC players? If my memory serves me correct you had a couple sign on last year, are those boys still about?

I'd say we have picked up more than we have lost at the buffs... would you agree morro?

Looked good for our first split last night. as usual 2's and 3;s are going to need some work on the basics and learning about each other but i think we are in a good position to go forward.

Where do you hail from One 2 Roo?

I hail from the GC....but tend to hover around in my UFO!:D

Depends on who you classify as the best players at Cobra Land? Personally none of our best players have left from last season...

Interesting Holla, are the boys from down south still about?

Good to hear about the big fella - great news about his 100th!

I am fairly confident of knowing who the one of the major signings is - a real coup for the club and the league. Intruiged to find out who the other is....any hints?

The PHC players - care to the name the clubs? Senior PHC players? If my memory serves me correct you had a couple sign on last year, are those boys still about?

Yeah he is a great bloke to, so even more important to keep him.

The other is from Victoria, in doubt though as of last night, recieved an invitation from Box Hill hawks though, so can seriously play.

I dont recall too many PHC boys last year, only 1 comes to mind and he has left to spend more time with new family.

I believe the new boys played senior footy, but wont name clubs etc until they have played a game. Would hate the information to fall into the wrong hands haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back