Game Day AFLW R2: Carlton v Essendon Sunday 4th Sept 11.10am @ ETU Stadium (Port Melb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the Sportsbet ad with Georgie about the various odds for the game after it is over?

Faded but good to win👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really held up well and soaked up their pressure and applied it for three quarters. That second and third quarter s we started to hold our marks and move it forward quickly to score. Moody dominated. Last quarter dons went for broke and we went into defensive mode . MP dominated in the last so not sure where the hard tag went . Loved our fight and desperation in the last few minutes to win.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I missed the first 3 quarters so only saw the last and in the first 4 mins of the qtr we basically had 1 possession (a soccered kick) and they kicked 3 goals.

Not sure if it was a lack of experience in the midfield but with such a dominant ruckman and not to be able to get our hands on the footy is a big worry.

Couldn't watch the game and haven't yet caught the replay.

Initial thoughts:

We look to have made it awfully difficult for ourselves, but glad to get the 4 points and our first win for the year.

Essendon IMO will be the best of the new expansion sides this year but they should still be worse than us even with our side gutted over the off-season.

Probably solidifies my thoughts that we're a mid table side but a lot of movement is to be expected with the uneven draw. A lot of sides will get a leg up by playing the expansion sides.

EDIT:

1-0 vs Essendon. May we forever be on the right side of the ledger in that contest!

On to the next one vs Port at Ikon. A huge opportunity to go 2-1.

Looking at the draw, I'd say it's pretty reasonable and we're a fair chance to make finals if we can play our best footy (but obviously very unlikely to feature deep in finals.)

The only game I'd say we aren't a realistic chance in is the Melbourne one.

(2 weeks ago I would have said Freo too, but they've been rubbish so far.)

Not playing any of Adelaide, Brisbane or North is very nice as they are likely to be 3 of the 4 standouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back