AFLW AFLW Signings + Trade Period 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Discussion thread for all things AFLW trade and sign as we prepare for 2024.

I’ll keep this post updated with all official Carlton news as it trickles through.

Re-signings
Keeley Sherar
- 4 years (2027)
Keeley Skepper - 4 years (2027)
Breann Moody - 4 years (2027)
Gab Pound - 3 years (2026)
Abbie McKay - 3 years (2026)
Mia Austin - 3 years (2026)
Jess Good - 3 years (2026)
Erone Fitzpatrick - 3 years (2026)
Kerryn Peterson - 2 years (2025)
Amelia Velardo - 2 years (2025)
Brooke Vickers - 2 years (2025)
Maddy Hendrie - 2 years (2025)

Trades
Yasmin Duursma

Tarni Brown

Celine Moody

Last edited:
It’s been reported on the port website that we have won the battle with other Vic teams for Yasmin Duursma.

Just got to get the deal across.

I’m very happy to gain a player during trade week after the very leaky ship we have had in the few years

Anyone know much about Yaz?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking like a busy trade period for us.

Don’t agree with letting go of Mua though 😢

Noooooooooo not Mua :cry:

However, popular defender Mua Laloifi is set to part ways with the club and has attracted interest from the Western Bulldogs and Sydney, among others, after being told she would not be offered a new contract to stay at Ikon Park.

Annie Lee set to depart as well…

Carlton is also keen on Ahrens, while the club will secure deals for Port Adelaide youngster Yasmin Duursma and Collingwood father-daughter Tarni Brown. The Blues will also pair Moody alongside her twin sister Breann in the ruck.

Young defender Annie Lee is likely to head to Collingwood as part of any deal for Brown, while fellow Carlton defender Mua Laloifi has attracted interest from both the Bulldogs and Sydney after being told she would not be offered a new contract at Ikon Park.

Edit to add:

We’re also sniffing around Ellie Gavalas (North), while Paige Trudgeon might be heading to the Saints.

Gavalas, who played eight games this season but was dropped from the Kangaroos team that featured throughout the finals, has so far attracted the attentions of Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood, Richmond and the Western Bulldogs.

St Kilda is also hoping to improve its list as it aims for a maiden AFLW finals appearance, with the club targeting moves for Carlton defender Paige Trudgeon and Giants ruck Rene Caris over the next week.

Last edited:
Mua has more value to another team given she prefers to play as a key defender and interceptor, while we've already got Trudgeon, Peterson, Cordener, and Lawson-Tavan.

By the sounds of the incomings, we might be able to swing some upgrades at the draft too, maybe enough to grab another pick before we're dealing with a potential bid.

Excited to get some more elite athleticism into the mix, but I suspect Jess Good may also depart so we're not overstocked with senior-quality rucks.

Mua has more value to another team given she prefers to play as a key defender and interceptor, while we've already got Trudgeon, Peterson, Cordener, and Lawson-Tavan.

By the sounds of the incomings, we might be able to swing some upgrades at the draft too, maybe enough to grab another pick before we're dealing with a potential bid.

Excited to get some more elite athleticism into the mix, but I suspect Jess Good may also depart so we're not overstocked with senior-quality rucks.
Trudgeon is off to the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trudgeon is off to the Saints.
Well I did put up four names for arguably 2 spots, and that was off the top of my head. :p

We played Lawson a fair bit, and she did improve fairly rapidly in the program, so there's every chance we play Peterson in the midfield again and recruit a youngster to develop and play backup.

By comparison, Trudgeon got about an hour of football this year.

The 11-club/12-player mega deal that ended this trade period 😨

Doggies win big time, now holding four picks in the first round - three of them in the top 6!

Fun fact: after all the trade period madness, we’re the only club left holding their original second round pick.

Welcome to Carlton Celine

images

No need for Mum to wear that ridiculous half and half jumper anymore !

#TheMoodyBlues

THE Carlton Football Club can confirm that Mia Austin, Jess Good, and Erone Fitzpatrick will remain in the Navy Blue until at least the end of 2026.

Joining them will be Amelia Velardo, Brooke Vickers and Maddy Hendrie have also signed on, until at least the end of 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back