Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Omegaville (2)

• Don_Kay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to go with the Doc. Not a heap to choose from really. I like it, clean and simple. Honourable mention to Cory.

I'm going to go with the Doc. Not a heap to choose from really. I like it, clean and simple. Honourable mention to Cory.

Cory for me.

Thanks Guys :thumbsu:

IMO this is not how i thought this comp was going to turn out,moving this to the Archive each week vastly reduces the entries

Would like some feedback on why my entries aren't earning votes. Because I don't see much point in voting myself.

It's not that yours are bad, I just voted for craegus because I think it's the best one there.

Ok then.

The first one.
I can see the idea behind it, but why on earth you would choose to invert East Perth's colours is beyond me. "Salmon" has never been a flattering colour, just ask the Windies.

Your second entry is better, however the oversized black crown you've chosen from the 70's looks pretty awful - looks like it is straight out of a kids show.
Particularly strange when the Royals have 2 other decent, recognizable crowns that could have been used. I like the socks though.

I went with Cory here - simple, striking design that's inspired and would do the job just fine.
Craegus' is not bad, but I just think of East Fremantle and the numbers don't do it for me.

Similar to Cory's, isn't it. A nice design, sticking closer to being a recolour of the Royal's current jumper. I would have incorporated that lighter blue into the socks, or left them as they are IRL (black/blue hoops).
I'm not sure if the Nike template works well with this one; I would have taken the approach of Cory and some others to make it a Sekem design with the appropriate logos. It goes a long way to elevating a design that next level :thumbsu:

Jumper design should be about the design, not about adding sponsors.

My thoughts on Smeagle's feedback:
- Reverse colours makes sense, there are a lot of "dark" jumpers in the WAFL (if Wikipedia is any guide). Was more a quick job to see what it'd look like, as it doesn't happen often in Australian sport.
- The crown was a "heritage" idea. I'm not a fan of overly detailed elements. The trouble is, the target audience on here wants detail.

I think I need to start a comp for "grumpy old fart designers" and keep you young whipper-snappers out :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back